P306

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
I was driving back home a few days ago and the Voy started hesitating really bad. It felt like if she wanted to turn off. My "service engine" light started to flash. The next day I took it to my local gas station so they could check what code it was throwing (I really need to invest in a code reader). They told me it was P306 and that my cylinder 6 was misfiring. I recently put new plugs in so I guessed it had to be the coil. I drove to the closest O'Reilly and picked up a new coil (MasterPro) for 62.99. The Voy is running smoothly. My question now is, has anyone had any used the MasterPro brand? Any good? It came with a lifetime warranty which is good. I'm thinking about replacing all the coils as preventative maintenance. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on OEM coil pack? Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Good job on the fix!:thumbsup:

I haven't read much on MasterPro. I got OEM spares from ebay. I got a half a dozen for less then what autozone sells a single new delphi for.

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Good job on the fix!:thumbsup:

I haven't read much on MasterPro. I got OEM spares from ebay. I got a half a dozen for less then what autozone sells a single new delphi for.

Thanks! I've been trying to find some OEM coils on ebay as well but haven't had any luck. Also...any ideas on a good code reader? I really should invest in one but not sure what would be good. :undecided: Thanks again for the help.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
VoyDude said:
Also...any ideas on a good code reader? I really should invest in one but not sure what would be good. :undecided: Thanks again for the help.

If you have an Android based smart phone, get the Torque app and buy an OBDII bluetooth on ebay...should cost you about $25-30 all up. If you don't, a Scanguage II can be had, from your local auto parts store, for about $160.

VoyDude

Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Thanks for the information everyone. I downloaded the Torque app today and ordered the OBDII bluetooth as well. Very inexpensive. Glad i asked. Pops informed his "check engine" light just came on so I have something to play with now. I'll let you know how it all works out. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online

No members online now.