P0756/p0758

gmtrailblazer

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
So, I stopped at a red light, turned green - I hit the gas and didnt go anywhere! I now have to "floor" it in Drive for it to move at all, but 1st, and Reverse are fine. After this for a half hour, the engine light came on with two codes, P0756, and P0758. (Both include shift solenoid B) - does anyone have any idea how much this costs to fix? Thanks!

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
gmtrailblazer said:
So, I stopped at a red light, turned green - I hit the gas and didnt go anywhere! I now have to "floor" it in Drive for it to move at all, but 1st, and Reverse are fine. After this for a half hour, the engine light came on with two codes, P0756, and P0758. (Both include shift solenoid B) - does anyone have any idea how much this costs to fix? Thanks!

The cost of a transmission fluid and filter change might be all that's required. Try this...

When the transmission solenoid is stuck off, in most cases the problem is not the electrical part of the solenoid; the problem is foreign material obstructing the mechanical function of the solenoid or the flow of the fluid through the transmission valve body. If the transmission fluid is very dirty, it is recommend changing the transmission fluid and if possible removing the transmission pan for further diagnosis. Excessive debris or metal particles on the transmission pan could be an indication that there is a transmission mechanical failure and that the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Source: http://engine-codes.com/p0756.html

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithdm

Members Online