NEED HELP P0443 and P0449 After Remote Start Install

TB_n00b

Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Queens, NY
Howdy everyone.

Well after my 9 hour battle to install, troubleshoot, finally figure out the problem and get my R/S running last weekend, I am left with a nicely functioning R/S just in time for abnormally warm temps, and a CEL with P0443 and P0449 being reported. The R/S install had me turn the key to ON and START more times than I care to admit, along with testing the starter by jumping the 30/87 pins at the relay connection in the engine bay fuse box, so I am concerned that I may have ruined both the purge valve solenoid and the vent valve solenoid.

I've looked around and found the many posts regarding these issues but before I start testing wire continuity and throwing parts at it, I wanted to see if there was another way to be sure it's not just a lingering issue from my R/S install that might be resolved by pulling the battery, or a specific method while wiping the codes with Torque. I had checked all fuses when I was troubleshooting the R/S install and everything checked out but I plan to check again. I had wiped the codes but it was while I was coasting in traffic earlier, so wondering if wiping while engine is off and then starting and driving might be more effective.

Short of that working, I guess I will test the circuits and then replace the solenoids.

TIA.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
They're easy enough to pull iirc. Just jump the pins and see if they seal when you have them out. If they do then trace components. Normally I clear codes then start the engine so it can check everything.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
That's a weird one for sure. The purge and vent valves share their power feed so that's where I'd start. The pink wire at each should have power when the key is on. I'd see if they have power when the key is turned on and then again during a remote start.

TB_n00b

Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Queens, NY
If there a fuse that handles the power source? Nothing is apparent when reading the fuse diagram descriptions. Is it just fuse through the PCM?

Edit: Fuse 26 in engine bay fuse block

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online