NEED HELP P0102 and P2101

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
So basically this 06 TB was running awesome. The all of sudden check engine light comes on, then limp mode. Check codes, live data shows no reading of the MAF. Bought a new sensor no change no reading. I am assuming wiring issue. Does anyone know what I should be getting for readings on the connector to the MAF? Any thing else to be looking for? Thanks Greg

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
First Impression: Inspect for Rodent Occupation (Pulled Down Head Liner, Grass, Animal Fur, Pine Needles, Small and Large Rodent Feces and Desiccated Urine Stains). Then look around for any signs of Mice Nibbling at Wire Harnesses and Plastic Connectors.

BUT... BE VERY CAREFUL... BE VERY THOUGHTFUL...

ALWAYS...
Use a BRIGHT Flashlight...Wear an N-95 Face Mask... Wear OSHA Approved Eye Protection and Wear 11-MIL Nitrile Gloves whenever Touching, Cleaning or Removing ANY of these items described above.

The North American Deer Mouse is a famous violator of any engine spaces where residual warmth is always around and protection from predators can be attained simply by climbing up inside the rain and snow proof areas and then setting up their scanty-shanty home quarters under the hoods of any victim vehicle... but THAT is not the worst of it.

Deer Mice are Carriers of the Dreaded HANTA Virus that includes causing Blood Hemorrhagic Fever and Destructive Lung Infections that can mimic the signs of Covid-19 within just a few days of inhaling or ingesting Dried Feces and Urine made airborne on dust particles. THIS is a Dangerous Disease that ordinarily is FATAL in nearly 40% of its Infected Victims. There is NO Vaccine and there are NO Cures. Survivors of such Infections invariably suffer with physical debilitation for many years afterwards. Mind These Warnings!

Check Out Post #940 Linked Below for Help with Tracing Broken, Chewed or Rodent Damaged Open Circuit Wire Bundles:

firstPage-S0195941700092754a.jpg

Last edited:

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
I do have power going to the MAF but that is about I could verify at this point. I checked all fuses and #23 was blown. Believe it goes to the Electronic Fuel control. Replaced the fuse, no difference in the engine when running.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd be checking each wire for continuity from sensor to PCM.

Another thing to check is the fan wiring for the throttle circuit issue because it shares the 5V reference with the fan. Easy way to check is to disconnect it and clear the codes. See if it comes back. Maybe it's on the same circuit as the MAF too.

Reactions: mrrsm

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
Not thinking clearly, I did not reset the code after replacing the fuse. I reread Mooseman's reply, reset the code, up and running. Next question why did #23 fuse blow? Thanks for your help all!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
Basically I had put a few 10 amp fuses in the glove box with the code scanner in case #23 fuse blows again. Been driving for a week now no issues until today. MIL is on with code P0526,(did not blow the fuse) bought a new fan clutch today going to replace it. Mooseman suggested could be the fan circuit. I hope indeed this is the problem. Thanks

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Keep This Kit handy... to Jot Down the Sequence of ALL the Things You Do or can observe that will lead up to any Future Failure of Fuse #28:

01-pen-and-pad.jpg

Last edited:

pell

Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Pelham, NH
So after a 460 mile round trip last weekend with no problems, this weekend blown fuse. I have not replaced the fan clutch yet. But tried driving without it plugged in still blown #23. Bit the bullet started to follow the the wires from the TB to the computer control. While digging around the area of the power steering line running over the frame, I did find the one wire which has opened up. I remember I had a leak and asked the mechanic to replace the line. He only patched it and bent the bracket right into the harness, which I believed created the issue. We'll see what happens.IMG_20230507_160557955.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online