Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
We had one of those at Camp Lejeune. It was great to take the TB there for an oil change on the lift versus crawling around on my garage floor.
Figured if I can start to there, i'd get it up on a lift, spray some degreaser underneath it and wipe it all down. Maybe do a cat-delete and eventually get her over to the paint booth so I can paint and plasti-dip without having to worry about nosey neighbors or wind & dust particles

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Do they also supply tools or do you need to bring your own?
They have every tool imaginable man

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Nice. You cannot beat that.
I once helped my bud fix an exhaust leak on his Ram, and practiced a little welding on some scrap metal that was lying around in their odd-parts pickup outside

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Capote said:
I once helped my bud fix an exhaust leak on his Ram, and practiced a little welding on some scrap metal that was lying around in their odd-parts pickup outside
Gotta start somewhere. I have messed around with some Mig and Tig welding at work. Wish I had one at home.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Gotta start somewhere. I have messed around with some Mig and Tig welding at work. Wish I had one at home.
I really wanna learn more, i'd like to be able to do my own exhaust work and experiment a bit

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I'm thinking with a little work I may be able to put a lift in my garage at my house :undecided:

Wouldn't happen for a long time but it would be worth it if it can be done!

Reactions: Mounce and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That'd be badass Sparky :cool:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Ironically my buddy has a mig I can buy from him

Reactions: Capote

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
You never know when you can use a welder.
I'm probably gonna buy it specifically for building a bumper for the tb.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
I'm probably gonna buy it specifically for building a bumper for the tb.
Don't forget to post pics during and after your bumper project :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Chris already has 15 projects going on at once. Don't give him ideas for more :raspberry:
There's never enough projects david :biggrin:

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
True. Gotta finish what you start. Plus Chris has a money tree in his backyard, he has yet to mail me some seeds :popcorn:
lmao, wish I had a money tree or some seedlings from it, then I can get a new paintjob and do a 5.3 swap

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
Yeah. I would keep my TB as my DD and get a TBSS and make it a 10 second garage princess :biggrin:
Oh lord I wish I had a TBSS, but as much as i'd love one i'd never trade my current TB in for it. I like it too much to part with it. :tongue:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Only thing that has ever been an issue with mine was that coil pack a few feeks ago and my alternator probably having to be replaced soon Think i've had mine 2yrs now

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I have had to replace the typically high failure items so far, but nothing major (knock in wood)
So pretty much the things that MAY03LT had in that one video of his, the stuff he always has in his emergency kit?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Like the fan clutch, water pump, t-stat, ECT sensor, etc. Some guys keep a spare coil in their truck. I think most people's emergency kit is based on things they have needed when something happened. Mine is at least.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Chris already has 15 projects going on at once. Don't give him ideas for more :raspberry:
Hey! It don't help that strays find me and the gf allows me to keep them! :rotfl:
dmanns67 said:
True. Gotta finish what you start. Plus Chris has a money tree in his backyard, he has yet to mail me some seeds :popcorn:
Waiting on a new harvest myself :yes:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I plan on ordering another coil pack just in-case another one goes bad

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Said gf is actually buying a vintage snowmobile that I have had my eye on as my Xmas gift lol

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Darkrider_LS said:
Said gf is actually buying a vintage snowmobile that I have had my eye on as my Xmas gift lol
sweeeet

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Dude that thing reminds me of all the ski slope / alps chase scenes in the 80's James Bond films :rotfl:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
I'm also looking at getting an early model Polaris Indy 600 from the same buddy who's shop I used today.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:iagree:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
:thumbsup:

Status