Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Rubber brother

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
But are they molded or rubber? Cause I'm looking for some OEM looking flaps. Found out today that my back door are getting sand blasted by the front wheels. First wekk of daily driving fml
How wide are your tires? 265, 275?

Reactions: BlazingTrails

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
265/40-22 it is just hitting the part of the door that curves out for the fender line. I started trying to scrub the shit off, then got down on my knees and looked close and it is all chipped thru the paint to bare metal. I do not drive on dirt roads only city roads.

I got so mad about that shit i didn't even polish my rims today. i guess tomorrow i will have to get on it with touch up paint and polish that shit out. fml

:hissyfit:

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
265/40-22 it is just hitting the part of the door that curves out for the fender line. I started trying to scrub the shit off, then got down on my knees and looked close and it is all chipped thru the paint to bare metal. I do not drive on dirt roads only city roads.

I got so mad about that shit i didn't even polish my rims today. i guess tomorrow i will have to get on it with touch up paint and polish that shit out. fml

Woosaba bro :cool:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:

I noticed the same thing, minus the chipping paint, going from 245 to 265. The 265s throws all kinds of road grime and debris down the side.

It does the same thing if I use tire shine gel. That shit will be all down the side of my TB :hissyfit:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
dmanns67 said:
I noticed the same thing, minus the chipping paint, going from 245 to 265. The 265s throws all kinds of road grime and debris down the side.

It does the same thing if I use tire shine gel. That shit will be all down the side of my TB :hissyfit:
Had 265/75's General Grabbers on my Yukon, that shit would sling mud and dirt everywhere

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
I put a lot of work into my truck all the time bro, I won't even park around other cars at the store, I get pissed if a kids touches my car trying to look inside of it. this shit almost made me have a heart attack.

I wonder how these would look paint matched?

Mud flaps
Just don't paint the inside lol

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:

Dogfish posted a video on YouTube the other day of some new tire-black stuff that's acrylic based and won't sling off like that. It's also supposed to last longer. Give me a minute, I'll link the vid here.

Give your Tires a Deep, Black Shine that Lasts a …: http://youtu.be/zDzIf4G8jkc

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
I put a lot of work into my truck all the time bro, I won't even park around other cars at the store, I get pissed if a kids touches my car trying to look inside of it. this shit almost made me have a heart attack.

I wonder how these would look paint matched?

Mud flaps
I feel you to a certain extent. My TB is my DD and I have put a lot of money and time into it. I realize dings are going to happen. If it was a garage princess and driven on the weekends, I would be way more OCD than I already am.

You think those mud flaps would scrap since you are lowered?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
Dogfish posted a video on YouTube the other day of some new tire-black stuff that's acrylic based and won't sling off like that. It's also supposed to last longer. Give me a minute, I'll link the vid here.

Give your Tires a Deep, Black Shine that Lasts a …: http://youtu.be/zDzIf4G8jkc
I have seen that stuff before. I have used an aerosol tire shine that worked well and lasted months. I might have to give that stuff a try.

Reactions: Mounce

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
dmanns67 said:
I feel you to a certain extent. My TB is my DD and I have put a lot of money and time into it. I realize dings are going to happen. If it was a garage princess and driven on the weekends, I would be way more OCD than I already am.

You think those mud flaps would scrap since you are lowered?
I don't think they would scrape, i still have pretty good ground clearance. but see it kinda was a garage queen because I had a Company vehicle I drove, but now i don't have it any more because i am on a different job site. so this is really the first time it has been daily driven since I had it.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:588]

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
No matter what tire shine product I use (and i've tried several both spray and wipe on), I never like the results, they always sling, and never last more than a month. When the product does start to go away, the tire always looks crappier than before application. I will never use tire shine again.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
I don't think they would scrape, i still have pretty good ground clearance. but see it kinda was a garage queen because I had a Company vehicle I drove, but now i don't have it any more because i am on a different job site. so this is really the first time it has been daily driven since I had it.
Damn, sucks to lose the company car :eek:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
I'll get it back when i finish at Duracell. Still have the company gas card tho
Winner! :biggrin:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014