Official post whore thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
That's it. I'm done with all you whores. DONE!

...until tomorrow.
:postcount:

Reactions: Aarkon

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
What a wiener. Whats the deal, I show up and all the whores run away :no:

Hows the retro GM?
Currently opening the other headlight. It's being more of a nuisance than the other one lol. Already cut my finger with a knife on this one.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
Camera nut said he was done lol
You never saidx but you and Ryan shopping of the same TBSS owner?
Mounce said:
Currently opening the other headlight. It's being more of a nuisance than the other one lol. Already cut my finger with a knife on this one.
Nice. What temp did you end up baking them at?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
Nice. What temp did you end up baking them at?
Around 225-250 for ten minutes, didn't do a set temp really, would just set it and wait for them to get good and hot, varied temp until I was happy. Had to bake both of them twice. Got the second one open without anymore bloodshed.

-did you have to use 4wd to get through that snow?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
Yes I spose we r. :yes:
Thought so. Ryan text me today saying someone in philly is selling SS wheels and a grille.
Mounce said:
Around 225-250 for ten minutes, didn't do a set temp really, would just set it and wait for them to get good and hot, varied temp until I was happy. Had to bake both of them twice. Got the second one open without anymore bloodshed.

-did you have to use 4wd to get through that snow?
Nice. At least they are open now. What did you buy to seal them? RTV or butyl?

Hell yeah I had to use 4WD. I almost got stuck going up a steep hill, but she pulled through.

Personally, I use 4WD anytime there is snow on the ground for better control not necessarily for plowing through the snow. I live on some hilly and winding back roads. It always pays off to use 4hi.

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
Hopefully everything will work out. I get a little nervous sending money to a complete stranger. Paypal ftw
I have done it many times and it has worked out. As long as you send the money for goods/services, you are covered with buyers protection.

Never, never, never gift money for goods or services.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
Nice. At least they are open now. What did you buy to seal them? RTV or butyl?

Hell yeah I had to use 4WD. I almost got stuck going up a steep hill, but she pulled through.

Personally, I use 4WD anytime there is snow on the ground for better control not necessarily for plowing through the snow. I live on some hilly and winding back roads. It always pays off to use 4hi.
I'm planning on reusing what's on them. Worse comes to worse, I'll smear something along the outside, was thinking regular silicone for that if I needed it because I want to be able to easily get back in them if I need to. Doesn't rtv get pretty hard when it cures?

And oh okay, I was gonna be impressed as hell if you didn't have to use it lol.

-All that I've gotta worry about is liquid water getting in. These things have 10 vents a piece for moisture to get out lol.

swede

Jun 22, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Whats the deal, I show up and all the whores run away :no:
What am I, chop liver??

F..ing :whore:

Back to hooking up my TB with TIS2000 and Tech2 and see if I can get it all to work out.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mounce said:
I'm planning on reusing what's on them. Worse comes to worse, I'll smear something along the outside, was thinking regular silicone for that if I needed it because I want to be able to easily get back in them if I need to. Doesn't rtv get pretty hard when it cures?

And oh okay, I was gonna be impressed as hell if you didn't have to use it lol.

-All that I've gotta worry about is liquid water getting in. These things have 10 vents a piece for moisture to get out lol.
To be honest, I would remove all of the old sealant and use fresh. TRS sells a big roll of butly for $15.

Not all RTV. I picked up some RTV black silicone adhesive sealant. Fully cures in 24 hrs and stays flexible. Withstands fuel, oils, etc. Also rated for -40°F to 450°F. I believe Carlton used the same. Can be easily cut back open with a razor knife.

There is no way I would have made it in two wheel drive. This is only because I had to stop on the hill. Some jackass was plowing his driveway with his rider mower and was stuck in the middle of the road when he tried to turn around :duh:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
dmanns67 said:
To be honest, I would remove all of the old sealant and use fresh. TRS sells a big roll of butly for $15.

Not all RTV. I picked up some RTV black silicone adhesive sealant. Fully cures in 24 hrs and stays flexible. Withstands fuel, oils, etc. Also rated for -40°F to 450°F. I believe Carlton used the same. Can be easily cut back open with a razor knife.

There is no way I would have made it in two wheel drive. This is only because I had to stop on the hill. Some jackass was plowing his driveway with his rider mower and was stuck in the middle of the road when he tried to turn around :duh:
Well I guess if I have major water/moisture infiltration I'll redo them better but for now I'm going the easy route even if it's half-assed. :rotfl: If I have issues, I'll blame it on it being my first retro.

And lol, he was plowing it at night? Must've been damn bored lol.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
No idea. There are guys still plowing my neighborhood right now. Been going at it for hours. It is supposed to snow up until 5pm Saturday. Guess their trying to keep up.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
They never touch the county roads. HOA fees pays for the guys to do the neighborhood. County is cheap :no:

:Zzzz: :tiphat:

[emoji14]ostcount:

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member