Reactions: Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Whore

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
"i've got this killer up inside-a-me, i can't talk to my mother so I talk to my Diary, I'm going off on the deep end i find myself face-to-face with myself while i'm sleepin' I see your picture in my head and my hands shake, you can run you can hide but-there's-no-escape, my inner feeling show no mercy to my enemies I got to get this mthr fkr fore he gets to me, so with your own blood you'll pay me, and I won't stop til i put this mthr fkr in his fkn grave" - Scarface

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Take this with a grain of salt as I've never been married, never been divorced of course, and have no kids.

Capote, I realize that you and the soon-to-be ex are probably at each other's throat quite a bit. What I have tried to get friends who were in similar situations to remember is that the ex is likely to be the primary caregiver or at least half caregiver to your kids. The less stressed that person is hopefully the better they are treating your children. The less time they are arguing with you or talking to their lawyer about divorce issues, child support, or anything else related, the more time, hopefully quality time, they have with your kids. Do what you can to get the animosity out, don't fight in front of your kids, don't talk negatively about the other in front of your kids. If your kids believe that it's just something the two of you could not work out all the better. At some point, if they are used as weapons against each other (you and the ex), they will know how to use you against their mother and vice versa. Hopefully the less pissed off the ex is now the easier it will be in court as well.

Just my two cents.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
mcsteven said:
Take this with a grain of salt as I've never been married, never been divorced of course, and have no kids.

Capote, I realize that you and the soon-to-be ex are probably at each other's throat quite a bit. What I have tried to get friends who were in similar situations to remember is that the ex is likely to be the primary caregiver or at least half caregiver to your kids. The less stressed that person is hopefully the better they are treating your children. The last time they are arguing with you or talking to their lawyer about divorce issues, child support, or anything else related the more time, hopefully quality time, they have with your kids. Do what you can to get the animosity out, don't fight in front of your kids, don't talk negatively about the other in front of your kids. If your kids believe that it's just something the two of you could not work out all the better. At some point, if they are used as weapons against each other (you and the ex), they will know how to use you against their mother and vice versa. Hopefully the less pissed off the ex is now the easier it will be in court as well.

Just my two cents.
Good input, but she already has plans to make me look like the lesser parent

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
That doesn't really work i have been trying that for 2 years and everything was fine for a while......then she got it in her head that she could "run" my life using the children. she is such a control freak that 2 years after we have separated she tries to do just that. no she is just a complete and total bitch 24-7 and there is nothing I can do to change that. I have always been cordial to her and she has constantly been the villain.

where did that come from anyway Camera nut??

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
"We used to fuss when the landlord dissed us/No heat. Wonder why Christmas missed us/Birthdays was the worst days/Now we sip champagne when we thirst-ay."

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
BlazingTrails said:
That doesn't really work i have been trying that for 2 years and everything was fine for a while......then she got it in her head that she could "run" my life using the children. she is such a control freak that 2 years after we have separated she tries to do just that. no she is just a complete and total bitch 24-7 and there is nothing I can do to change that. I have always been cordial to her and she has constantly been the villain.

where did that come from anyway Camera nut??
She's probably gonna act like your ex Brandon...

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Just my thoughts from dating women going thru divorce or dealing with custody and child support issues.

Reactions: Porkins

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
It's bullshit

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
[emoji32]

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
just a thought

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Whoomp There it is

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
"Don't push me cause I'm close to the edge/I'm trying not to lose my head/It's like a jungle. Sometimes it makes me wonder/How I keep from goin' under."

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
dingo

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
headed up the holler with everything he had...

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I wake up screaming like I'm back over there

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ya better stay away from...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The edge

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Mounce said:
You guys have been busy today
Whoring never sleeps...

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
mcsteven said:

Capote, I realize that you and the soon-to-be ex are probably at each other's throat quite a bit. What I have tried to get friends who were in similar situations to remember is that the ex is likely to be the primary caregiver or at least half caregiver to your kids. The less stressed that person is hopefully the better they are treating your children. The less time they are arguing with you or talking to their lawyer about divorce issues, child support, or anything else related, the more time, hopefully quality time, they have with your kids. Do what you can to get the animosity out, don't fight in front of your kids, don't talk negatively about the other in front of your kids. If your kids believe that it's just something the two of you could not work out all the better. At some point, if they are used as weapons against each other (you and the ex), they will know how to use you against their mother and vice versa. Hopefully the less pissed off the ex is now the easier it will be in court as well.

Just my two cents.
Its a nice thought, but in reality this does not happen.

Seen it first hand with my brother-in-law and his crazy a$$ ex wife. She did everything in her power to convince her kids, judge, doctors, etc that their father was mentally and physically abusive to the kids. She even "kidnapped" the kids and moved from Florida all the way to Washington with the guy that she was cheating on him with. She has been caught in so many lies. For someone who has never been married or has kids, it is easier said than done when looking from the outside. Sometimes emotion takes over and everything else does not matter at that moment in time.

Reactions: Capote

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
UN skinny bop

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Aarkon said:
Finally someone who knows of the Human Fund

Festivus for the rest of us!

Reactions: Aarkon