You whore bully

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I can't decide what to have for lunch!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I think Keanu Reeves needs to narrate like Morgan Freeman does...that'd be hilarious

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Whhhhhoooooorrrrrrreeeeeessssss and :tequila:

BHAMER

Aug 22, 2014
sorry for the caps...they are always on for the software I use at work and I do forget to turn them off..

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
BHAMER said:
sorry for the caps...they are always on for the software I use at work and I do forget to turn them off..
It's fine, figured it was something to that effect, hence why I simply edited it.

Reactions: BHAMER

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Weekend.

Going to sleep in tomorrow morning for sure.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Mounce said:
SSD, definition? I used to know what that was but have forgotten lol. I really need to take 30 minutes to uninstall a bunch of un needed programs and delete some accumulated crap. It's pretty slow on bootup and takes about 5 minutes to load all of the back ground programs like "HP support assistant" and while it's doing all of that, opening chrome is barely possible lol. It's best to turn it on and go do something and come back later. It automatically shuts down after a day or so in standby while plugged in (settings?) And needs a battery.
Before you go with a SSD, you need to find out if your machine can hold two HDD or if you need a bunch of room. A SSD is typically 128 or 256 gigs. 256 is still big bucks compared to a 2 TB traditional drive.

If it's taking a long time to boot up, have you tried using sleep mode instead of turning it off? That saves a ton of time. You can also go into msconfig and stop a bunch of stuff from starting when Windows boots up. More RAM, if the motherboard will take it, is your best bang for the buck. If it's running on battery it may have (and be on) a low power mode. Power profiles usually in Control Panel. If you don't do a lot of design with it then uninstall all but the basic fonts. And as you mentioned, getting rid of the bloat ware helps a good amount, too. When you get rid of everything, empty the recycle bin, run CCleaner including a registry check, and then defragment the hard drive.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Poooop balls. That is all

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Capt & Capo are whores. That is all.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
You're mom. No typos here.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hashbrown selfie

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
mcsteven said:
Before you go with a SSD, you need to find out if your machine can hold two HDD or if you need a bunch of room. A SSD is typically 128 or 256 gigs. 256 is still big bucks compared to a 2 TB traditional drive.

If it's taking a long time to boot up, have you tried using sleep mode instead of turning it off? That saves a ton of time. You can also go into msconfig and stop a bunch of stuff from starting when Windows boots up. More RAM, if the motherboard will take it, is your best bang for the buck. If it's running on battery it may have (and be on) a low power mode. Power profiles usually in Control Panel. If you don't do a lot of design with it then uninstall all but the basic fonts. And as you mentioned, getting rid of the bloat ware helps a good amount, too. When you get rid of everything, empty the recycle bin, run CCleaner including a registry check, and then defragment the hard drive.
I know my way around the control panel, messed with the settings quite a bit before I found what I liked. Msconfig- is that the menu you can get to by pressing esc on bootup? Haven't messed with that any. Also idk about pushing it for more performance through the processor, it gets EXTREMELY hot. I think after I clean it out though that it'll stop running as hard and not get so hot.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
No grammar police. I changed the meaning.

WTF is a hash brown selfie?

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Googled it. Esurance guy. Got it.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics