And heres my leftover can from the emblems

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 5

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Btw i washed the voy again and chrome polished the rims and the chrome is gleaming!!! I might have to hold back on the plastidip on the rims for a bit

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Some pics for yall
Cleaning supplies upon cleaning supplies upon tools
My 10" alpine sub and amp
Pic of the front interior
And finally i plastidipped my whole exhaust! Looks sooo sick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 5

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Felt like going for a nice drive in the park today
Chrome is almost mirror shiny

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 7

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nice truck. Please dont ruin it with ghetto'ing the wheels black.

Wont the plastidip burn on the exhaust. I melted powdercoat off my exhaust tip...

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
HARDTRAILZ said:
Nice truck. Please dont ruin it with ghetto'ing the wheels black.

Wont the plastidip burn on the exhaust. I melted powdercoat off my exhaust tip...

I wanted it to have a clean simple agressive look but the chrome is too nice to ruin right now lol i want to enjoy it a little more if i do plan on plastidipping/powdercoating in the future
I watched it on this and thought it was cool so decided to give it a shot, he said plastidip is rated to 312•F so it should be good
[video=youtube_share;vvkq-qyY9aY]http://youtu.be/vvkq-qyY9aY[/video] (skip to 4:20)

Kelly@PCMofNC

Mar 16, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
Hello, i've been browsing the forums for a couple months now and i decided it was time to register and get some suggestions for what i should do next to my voy
I've already re-done my entire exhaust system from the cat back and planning on re doing it again this summer but cut off my hitch and do a center exhaust
Im also planning on powder coating the denali rims black and painting the calipers red
And my new grille comes in tomorrow so thats going on
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated because i love fixing up my voy and then staring at the work i've done whenever i get in or out lol :biggrin:

Mind these pics are a little outdated, i've removed the silver mouldings on the side and done a couple other things but thats about it

Looks nice and CLEAN, I like it!!

I like that flat black one too...

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Went around the city today and took some pics lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 9

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
CdnGMan said:
We're gonna have to meet up dude and take some shots... :thumbsup:

I just gotta give Canyonaro a nice hand-job first tho... :wink:

Hahaha quick question, is canyonaro a gmc canyon or a nickname for your trailblazer lol

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
kjkim93 said:
seems like you put some niteshade on the rear lights? or am i crazy? lol

Hahaha your not crazy :biggrin: its 3 reaaaalllly light coats and a couple coats of clear so its not too dark but has a nice contrast with the rest of the truck

Before and after

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 6

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Mine is the same shade for the tint and I couldn't be happier how nice they look. Not dark and not bright red! Lights shine through them perfect

05EnvoyXL

Dec 27, 2012
Ive been looking for a factory OEM Denali grille on ebay, have yet to find one LOL....theres a gm parts warehouse online that has it for $500 shipped from North Carolina. Lil expensive for me, so I was thinking of getting a Bentley style mesh grille assembly for under $200 and retro fit the GMC emblem on it. Those smoke taillights look sweet too. I def might have to look into that too. Is there anyone who offers aftermarket head light assemblies for the Envoy??

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
05EnvoyXL said:
Ive been looking for a factory OEM Denali grille on ebay, have yet to find one LOL....theres a gm parts warehouse online that has it for $500 shipped from North Carolina. Lil expensive for me, so I was thinking of getting a Bentley style mesh grille assembly for under $200 and retro fit the GMC emblem on it. Those smoke taillights look sweet too. I def might have to look into that too. Is there anyone who offers aftermarket head light assemblies for the Envoy??

http://gmtnation.com/f43/rms-customs-custom-headlights-retrofit-parts-more-299/ :thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
05EnvoyXL said:

As for the grille, the oem denali grille was waayyy too expensive so i went with the black mesh abs complete grille and did a little modding to the emblem to get it on

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I think both the chrome and the black one looks good! If you want something else also there is always black chrome! I love how black chrome looks like :yes:

Here are examples of it being used

View attachment 27569
View attachment 27570

Attachments

• SANY1388.jpg
    SANY1388.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 10
  • infiniti-fx-black-military-chrome-wrap-photo-gallery_4.jpg
    infiniti-fx-black-military-chrome-wrap-photo-gallery_4.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 9

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
I think both the chrome and the black one looks good! If you want something else also there is always black chrome! I love how black chrome looks like :yes:

Here are examples of it being used

View attachment 13844
View attachment 13845

One more :wink: is there a way to black chrome my rims? I'd use VHT but supposedly its purpley

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 6

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
I brought my truck in a couple weeks ago to change the thermostat and labor cost me $230... But it runs nice and warm now and theres no milkshake on the cap or dipstick anymore so all good :biggrin: im going to paint my calipers this week and try and take apart the headlights to paint them too
Any advice on the headlight mod?

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
I've got a couple people who asked about my LEDs beside my fogs, so i decided to take a few closer pics
I bought these ones at canadian tire (walmart has them too) and i spliced them into my headlights so they're on when my headlights come on
They're 4" and fit perfectly and they reflect off the top, making it look like i have multiple LeDs down there
Gives the truck a different look at night
Gets lots of compliments when i go out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 7

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ryda55555 said:
I've got a couple people who asked about my LEDs beside my fogs, so i decided to take a few closer pics
I bought these ones at canadian tire (walmart has them too) and i spliced them into my headlights so they're on when my headlights come on
They're 4" and fit perfectly and they reflect off the top, making it look like i have multiple LeDs down there
Gives the truck a different look at night
Gets lots of compliments when i go out

I think I've seen those at Wal-Mart actually... LOL!!

I'm still on the fence regarding HID's - I'm struggling with the fact that I'd have to run them at 100% all the time... :undecided:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
CdnGMan said:
I think I've seen those at Wal-Mart actually... LOL!!

I'm still on the fence regarding HID's - I'm struggling with the fact that I'd have to run them at 100% all the time... :undecided:

Hahaha yup,
You can always get a DRL killer but then you lose daylights and lock unlock lights (i forgot the word haha my brain isnt working atm)

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Razorback said:
Sweet looking envoy

Heres a pic of the exhaust, the plastidip is holding up really nice so far this is also in sunlight so its easier to see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 7

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
One more :wink: is there a way to black chrome my rims? I'd use VHT but supposedly its purpley

There are videos on youtube of people showing you how to tint chrome. They looked good and I don't think it would be that hard to do really!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ryda55555 said:

Heres a pic of the exhaust, the plastidip is holding up really nice so far this is also in sunlight so its easier to see

Chop that thing off

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
jrSS said:
Chop that thing off

Hahaha its not factory, i had to put on a second exhaust because the tone was really loud lol its still pretty loud right now

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Hahaha its not factory, i had to put on a second exhaust because the tone was really loud lol its still pretty loud right now

Loud??? Really? Do you have stock muffler on??

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
jrSS said:
Loud??? Really? Do you have stock muffler on??

Nope, the previous owner cut off the cat, muffler and resonator and ran a straight pipe so i had to put on a magnaflow cat and front muffler and a thrush rear muffler and it still has a really low deep tone
I'll try and post it on youtube and link it when i get the chance :smile:
I might redo my whole exhaust system in the summer if i get some extra money

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Painting the calipers, rotors and will take the vid of my exhaust tomorrow. Also might paint side mirror covers. Will keep everyone updated

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Painting the calipers, rotors and will take the vid of my exhaust tomorrow. Also might paint side mirror covers. Will keep everyone updated

Thats a lot of painting in one day! Based on the way my calipers and rotors look, it would probably take half the day just to prep them for paint. :thankyou: salt trucks!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Most parts stores carry the kit to tint your chrome black. It seems to come out well. I love my black chrome wheels.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online