New to me tech 2 questions.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Pardon my ignorance, but I've been toying around with this for a few hours now and at least have the hang of it now. :tongue: Basically my plan is to drive around with this to diagnose my random stall out, and why my cruise still doesn't work (code history says most recent body code is the rear differential speed sensor.) But I guess what I'm asking is how would I go about setting it to see what happens when it stalls out. The lingo is all new to me so bare with me. :redface:

Thanks for any input (if any :raspberry: )

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The cruise control is disabled with certain codes, even those that are pending. What codes do you have?

For recording certain data streams, you select the ones you want and then just drive IIRC. For viewing the captured data, it can be done either on the Tech 2 or on the computer connected to it in TIS2000. I haven't played around much with that function but that's what I was able to understand about it.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
The dtc history shows a c0055 rear wheel speed sensor circuit malfunction and a c0550 ecu performance.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That would explain the disabled cruise. You should start another thread in the tech section about this. Don't think it would be related to the engine quitting though but I'd take care of that first.

Wish I had more time to play with my Tech 2 to figure out how to use it to its full potential.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Oh I will. I dug further and found the cruise history. uploadfromtaptalk1438878020019.jpg
All jibberish to me. I have eliminated anything throttle related though. Had a near stall out and none of those related sensors showed a drop or anything on the plot. [emoji106]

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looks like it's saying that it's reading a high speed in the driver's wheel? Are you getting some ABS issues by any chance?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
TACO NECK!!! :rotfl:

D Whl Spd HI makes me think the same thing.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I'm getting an occasional abs kick on for a hair of a second. And the check engine light blinks sometimes too for a milisecond.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Have a spare wheel hub? Maybe swap it out and see if it clears.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds like what mine did with an iffy ABS hub, although mine never kicked off my cruise.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I don't wanna clutter this up. Yes I have a spare. [emoji13] But the drivers side was the one replaced a few months ago. At any given speed it appears to be about .5 mph higher, bumping between say 47 and 48.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
High Speed: The PCM/ECM detects that the vehicle speed is greater than the calibrated amount.
The disengage chart doesn't mention specific wheels just hi speed. :undecided:

And there isn't a flow chart for any of the disengagements in history. :crazy:

In the ebcm data you can see each of the speed sensors. I would use the live plot on them and go for a ride and see if any are out of whack.

I don't know whatchu been reading for the stalling but while the live plot is good for speed sensors and o2s (and some other things) it isn't reliable for cam/crank sig. The cam sensor in my 03 would intermittently drop so it was a good opportunity to put the tech2 live plot against a lab scope and the tech2 couldn't catch the falling signal.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
MAY03LT said:
The disengage chart doesn't mention specific wheels just hi speed. :undecided:

And there isn't a flow chart for any of the disengagements in history. :crazy:

In the ebcm data you can see each of the speed sensors. I would use the live plot on them and go for a ride and see if any are out of whack.

I don't know whatchu been reading for the stalling but while the live plot is good for speed sensors and o2s (and some other things) it isn't reliable for cam/crank sig. The cam sensor in my 03 would intermittently drop so it was a good opportunity to put the tech2 live plot against a lab scope and the tech2 couldn't catch the falling signal.
Basically I've been plotting the various throttle position sensors pedal sensors etc. My first though was if one of them is dropping the signal it would probably shut the truck off. Or so I think. When I'm getting the random surge/drop/stall it seems mostly right after it starts from a drive sitting only for a little. Even weirder it only seems to stall when it's very hot outside. Idk, I'm no tech, I'm just having fun playing with my new toy. [emoji2] The cam sensor was replaced in the fall, I was able to get it to surge using the screwdriver tap method. [emoji6]

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I just now figured out what snap shot is and what it does. Based on its name I assumed it was a screen shot. But that is not the case. It is much more useful than that.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If it was the TPS or pedal sensor, you would get REP with its corresponding light and probably a code. It will not kill the engine for safety (i.e. power steering).

Anyway, if you already have a thread on this issue, you should go there to get more responses since you have figured out how to capture data and plot it, so it seems.

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online