New (COMPLETE KIT) "GYMKO" GM Tech 2 Scan Tool

TB2004

Aug 1, 2012
Hahahaaaaa late to the game again, has anyone been able to purchase a full kit lately?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If you read the previous couple of pages, @JerryIrons had his seized at the border coming in from China. If you're looking to get one, better to find one that stocked state side.

Reactions: TB2004

TB2004

Aug 1, 2012
Found one on amazom 317 with case. Will go from there. Thx all for going before and testing things.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Good News on Finding a Stateside Tech 2 Source... When it arrives... and as you begin unboxing this Amazing Tool... Pay close attention to the strange sensation of the tension in your upper back and shoulders subsiding... THAT is the Entire Weight of your SUV's Troubles... gradually being lifted off of you as soon as you delve into what the "GYMKO" Tech 2 can REALLY do for that Vehicle... :>)

If possible... (sans displaying any personal on screen information, of course...) For the sake of other interested Members (and the Very Welcome Lurkers who also visit and should come here to Join Us) ...Please post the Link to what you just purchased on Amazon.

In the mean time... Scour EVERYTHING that @Mooseman and Other Members have Posted here in the Tech 2 Sub-Forum... Much Less Wordy than THIS Thread and containing some Great Information.

Welcome to "The GMT Nation Tech 2 Club".

Last edited:

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I bought from the seller below on fleebay and didn't have any issues with shipping. It only took about a week to receive it. It's selling for $325 right now.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Need some advice, as I am not sure the limitations of the Tech2. (Still learning about Tech2 myself)

I am needing to program a BCM for a GMT250 (Rendezvous). Will this require just the Tech2, or Tech2 plus Candi/Laptop?

I can buy a kit, that included everything from the Tech2 module, TIS2000, Candi Module, all assorted cables, and laptop for around 1000. But I think that seems high?

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Are we talking Tech2 Clone? If yes, then that seems pretty high to me. If no, then that's pretty great deal!

The Tech2 w/Candi, cables, costing around $300. TIS2000 you can DL from Mooseman's links. You would just need to buy the vga to usb adapter, around $30. Then either a $100 or less XP laptop or run XP on a virtual box in a Win 7/Win 10 laptop.

The correct vga to usb adapter is crucial though. It would need to be the
Tripp Lite Keyspan High-Speed USB to Serial Adapter, PC & Mac (USA-19HS). The drivers in other variants fail to communicate.

I wouldn't pay anymore than $500-$600 for the ENTIRE setup (including the laptop).

Edit: Programming the ECU, BCU, I think most if not all relearns(?), will require the Candi, TIS2000, Tech2, USB to Serial adapter, and Win XP.

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Well, I only ask as I can get the Tech2 Clone for about 300, and a XP laptop for 100 bucks (or less), and as I understand it, I just have to get the TIS2000, and hopefully would already have the candi module, I should be up and running.

Or am I missing something?

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
The $27 (amazon) serial to USB adapter and you should be all set. Unless you can find the same model on ebay for cheaper.

The TIS2000 is the just software (virtual Tech2). You still need that adapter to interface the Tech2 to WinXP. Which is why the specific adapter make and model is so important. Ask how I know.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Have any of our Members tried lately to get this "GYMKO" Clone Tech 2 via THIS Link via eBay?

$270,.00 OR MAKE AN OFFER with Free S&H... Supposedly. a California based eBay Vendor... (Stateside...?)

GYMKOTECH2KIT.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT1.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT2.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT3.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT4.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT5.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT6.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT7.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT8.jpgGYMKOTECH2KIT9.jpg
With the Economy being as Bad as it is... This eBay Seller can't EAT these Damned Things... I'd offer him $200 and see what Pops... There are only four possible outcomes:

(1) He Makes You a Lower Counter-Bid...
(2) He Stands on the Present Offer...
(3) He ACCEPTS Your Offer...
(4) He Tells You to, "FO..."

*** @Mooseman will PROBABLY suggest a (5) possibility that " If you BUY this KIT, Customs will seize it out from under you..." But right now... I think your chances are pretty good ...if you follow THIS Guy's Thinking about such things:

DAREMIGHTYTHINGS.jpg

Expeditor

Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
I bought one from this seller, said item shipped from USA, it didn't. Took a little longer than expected but everything worked out good.

Reactions: gmcman and mrrsm

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At least if it is seized, you have the defence that it said it ships from the US.

Reactions: gmcman and mrrsm

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Thinking about finally pulling the trigger on one of these, maybe the one from the link @Expeditor gave.

We also have a 2014 Highlander so contemplating another option to cover both vehicles.

Help me spend some $$, so many options I honestly don't know where to start. :crazy:

• Love

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
According to the ebay listing the seller has just 2 left!

Thanks, and instead of getting a PC based system right now for both vehicles, I'm fine with having a single handheld Tech 2 for my GM and maybe getting something else down the road.

Also debating a windows based tablet for the vehicles for the MDI version if I go that route.

The price of that Tech 2 is very attractive.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The only thing though is that it's not future-proofed for anything beyond 2013. I love my Tech 2 however it will become useless when I eventually have to get another vehicle. I was actually looking at full size pickups for a while and was limiting myself to 2013 and older just because of that.

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Is there are reason that a "GYMKO" Tech 2 will NOT work as a PASS-THRU Device using the ACDelco online TEC2WIN SPS Windows Laptop Software IF the Tech 2 shows up on the List of Acceptable Devices?

Even if you cannot use it for the TIS2000 Software Diagnostics... Do the OTHER TEC2WIN TIS2000 Software Emulations for all of the usual Tech 2 Devices functions still work?

If this turns out to be true....it might allow the Good Ol' Tech 2 to Function in the Early AND The Late Model Diagnostic Worlds. ...Just sayin' .

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Perhaps this is another viable Tech 2 Purchase Possibility linked here? Maybe things will finally "Normalize" regarding US-China Tariff Issues after the New Year arrives...

LATESTECH2SALEONLINE.jpg

Also... I know that the Tech 2 can handle many of the GM-GMC Products with Diesel Engines... But... Is THIS Thing "The Next Gen" GM Hand Held Scanner dedicated to Diesel Motor Analysis and Repair? As a "Close-Out" Item... Does it seem reasonably priced?

The mention of "On Line Software..." as the last item on the features list seems a bit too ambiguous to trust right now without knowing whether or not it can perform reliable Reads and Writes of Calibrations to and from the GM-GMC PCM-ECMs:

DEALERCLOSEOUTS1.jpg

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
At a MUCH Better Price...and STATE Side, Too... Thanks for that Information!

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Yes... up to around 2008 for just using the Tech 2 ... and beyond if you use the ACDelco TIS2WEB Site and use the Tech 2 as a PASS-THRU Device. I think @Mooseman has the BEST Instructions for "How to Set Up the "Cracked" (Dongle-Free) TIS2000 Software on a Legacy Windows Laptop".

I've also penned some Threads covering the successful installation of TIS2000 along with the Windows 2000 OS on Old Dell Laptops... and I even have one covering How to Install TIS2000 on an RCA Touch Screen Tablet using the Windows 10 32 Bit Kernel.

It's all here in the "Stickied Stuff" Section of the Tech 2 Sub-Forums. :>)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online