New Castle, DE meet 4/20/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Just found out I can't make this.:frown:

(on the bright side at least I don't have to eat at hooters!)

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:

(on the bright side at least I don't have to eat at hooters!)

why you little:hissyfit::mad::hissyfit::no:

so what's so wrong with eating at hooter's? i, for one, ain't all that interested in the food when i go to hooter's anyways :wootwoot:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:

It's a shame they're the same day, but - understood.

I was going to post about how silly it looks that you're testing editing a post and then right underneath, it sez 'trust me, I know what I'm doing'.
Buuut, then when I quoted your post, it all made sense. Silly me to even think otherwise!!

To others - we don't always make sense to normal people.

EDIT - I type slow!!

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Black LT said:

I was going to post about how silly it looks that you're testing editing a post and then right underneath, it sez 'trust me, I know what I'm doing'.
Buuut, then when I quoted your post, it all made sense. Silly me to even think otherwise!!

EDIT - I type slow!!

yea i almost missed his "little edit" too :thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
mikeinDE said:
why you little:hissyfit::mad::hissyfit::no:

so what's so wrong with eating at hooter's? i, for one, ain't all that interested in the food when i go to hooter's anyways :wootwoot:

My uncles friends room mate's brother ate at hooters once and 4 years later he was hit by a truck. Coincidence?:undecided::raspberry:

Black LT said:

EDIT - I type slow!!

Figures, right?!?!

Yeah someone was/is having an edit post issue so the edit was a chance to see if it happens to me.

I type slower. I started typing this yesterday!:wootwoot:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:
My uncles friends room mate's brother ate at hooters once and 4 years later he was hit by a truck. Coincidence?:undecided::raspberry:

I thought that was your aunt's ex-boyfriend's mom's hairdresser?? :crazy:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Mark the date!!
Who's all coming? Add your name!!

1. MikeinDE
2. Black LT
3. Darkass04ext
4. Mark20
5. may03LT

The benefit show for my dude was moved up a weekend so I'm in.:smile:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Mark the date!!
Who's all coming? Add your name!!

1. MikeinDE
2. Black LT
3. Darkass04ext
4. Mark20
5. may03LT

The benefit show for my dude was moved up a weekend so I'm in.:smile:

good deal :thumbsup:

hey is the benefit an actual car show too? or just a bass competition??

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
mikeinDE said:
good deal :thumbsup:

hey is the benefit an actual car show too? or just a bass competition??

I don't know right now, the details are still being ironed out.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Sorry Nelson i didnt notice your question, but, I don't think they would appreciate us grilling in their parking lot.
Unless we wanna just use Hooters as a meet spot and then do a quick cruise to a "grill-friendly area".

Anybody else coming? I'm happy with 5, but I know we can do better!!

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Ha - it was looking like that went right by everyone! Was JK!

Hopefully this nice weather will wake some people up.:wootwoot:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Yea it's nice out. Loving it!!!

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Just about a month away!

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
mikeinDE said:
Just about a month away!

Ill prob be all stock still then, gotta do ball joints and some other stuff before the wheels are going back on. Didnt realize til i swapped out wheels that the outer edge of the front tires were being destroyed.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Less than 4 weeks!:wootwoot:

On a side note - maybe. The 2 local Hooters (Wyomissing and York, Pa) have closed this week. I heard he owned 4 others that were closing also - don't know where they are.

Maybe we will be grilling in the parking lot!!

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
If a Hooters can't make money, who can?

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
Black LT said:
Less than 4 weeks!:wootwoot:

On a side note - maybe. The 2 local Hooters (Wyomissing and York, Pa) have closed this week. I heard he owned 4 others that were closing also - don't know where they are.

Maybe we will be grilling in the parking lot!!

The one near me in bensalem closed too...like about 2 months ago.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
OMG that is 10 to 15 minutes from me.

Is anyone going to check the New Castle location? I can deal with eating at almost any place but packing the grill and stuff wasn't necessarily in my plans.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Mark20 said:
OMG that is 10 to 15 minutes from me.

Is anyone going to check the New Castle location? I can deal with eating at almost any place but packing the grill and stuff wasn't necessarily in my plans.

My coworker just got here, and she said the New Castle location is still open. Her sons have been hanging out there recently.

I am going... And at the request of Drew (MAY03LT) he told me to ask in the thread:

I was able to acquire a Kicker ZX750.1 Amp and box from a guy that had them in his TB. I asked Drew if he was able to get it installed at the meet coming up. He said that he was already going to be hooking up Mike at the meet, (which I will help in anyway I can) but said I should post it anyway to see if there were other hands that might be able to get my truck done as well.

I can pre-stage some of the stuff (IE. power/ground wire, and what ever will make the job go smoother). Please dont feel like you have to do it, because if it can't get done at the meet I am good with it. I will have Drew on speed dial and if I run into any issues when I go to install it.

If it can get done I will be most grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Steve A said:
I am going... And at the request of Drew (MAY03LT) he told me to ask in the thread:

I was able to acquire a Kicker ZX750.1 Amp and box from a guy that had them in his TB. I asked Drew if he was able to get it installed at the meet coming up. He said that he was already going to be hooking up Mike at the meet, (which I will help in anyway I can) but said I should post it anyway to see if there were other hands that might be able to get my truck done as well.

I can pre-stage some of the stuff (IE. power/ground wire, and what ever will make the job go smoother). Please dont feel like you have to do it, because if it can't get done at the meet I am good with it. I will have Drew on speed dial and if I run into any issues when I go to install it.

If it can get done I will be most grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

Hey Steve, Glad to see you are coming! My issue shouldnt be too much of a time consumer (I say this hopefully). I am having an issue with my right tail, (Bottom quad turn signal and hazard blinker are out) I would be glad to lend a hand, I may require some direction but am always willing to lend a helping hand.

1. MikeinDE
2. Black LT
3. Darkass04ext
4. Mark20
5. may03LT
6. Steve A

Oh, and Smitty, hope you can make it!! :thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Steve A said:

You guys is gonna install some woofers at a meet? At a meet? AT A MEET?:wootwoot:

It's not a big job there is just a lot of little things that could be done simultaneously:

Run power wire & fuseholder install
Run ground
R and R head unit, install PAC interface behind deck (plug and play)
Run rcas from PAC to rear
Run remote turn on from PAC to rear (may also have on/off switch)
Break windows
Kicker

MAY03LT said:
You guys is gonna install some woofers at a meet? At a meet? AT A MEET?:wootwoot:

It's not a big job there is just a lot of little things that could be done simultaneously:

Run power wire & fuseholder install
Run ground
R and R head unit, install PAC interface behind deck (plug and play)
Run rcas from PAC to rear
Run remote turn on from PAC to rear (may also have on/off switch)
Break windows
Kicker

I am good with everything EXCEPT break windows... that would make for a noisy ride back to Virginia... Not to mention a kinda cold one too.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Steve A said:
I am good with everything EXCEPT break windows... that would make for a noisy ride back to Virginia... Not to mention a kinda cold one too.

we would construct you the best cardboard replacements EVER! :raspberry:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
kicker_zpscd6c371e.jpg

I put kicker in my truck didn't even play them and windshield cracked.

Looking to get the PAC for the AMP and Subs... this is my build sheet... Someone please tell me what I have...

All of these are on my VIN build sheet:

PCR - SUN, SOUND, ENTERTAINMENT PKG: * POWER SUNROOF * AUDIO SYSTEM-BOSE PREM. SOUND * XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE FEE EXTRA. 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL. * AM/FM STEREO W/6 DISC CD PLAYER, AUTOTONE CONTROL, RADIO DATA SYSTEM (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)

UC6 - AM/FM STEREO W/6 DISC CD PLAYER, AUTOTONE CONTROL, RADIO DATA SYSTEM (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)

UQA - AUDIO SYSTEM-BOSE PREM. SOUND

YC6 - LT PACKAGE 2 * MEMORY: DRV SEAT,OSRV MIRROR * OSRV MIRRORS W/TURN SIGNAL * HEATED FRONT SEATS * ETR AM/FM STEREO W/CASS., CD RDS, THEFT DETERRENT (REPLACES STD/OPT PKG RADIO)

**note the above** my original radio was the UC6 with 6 disc changer NOT the Cassette** :confused:

Now, I have put in a OEM NAV in the truck, with no issues. :thumbsup:

The PAC says I need the Y91 RPO code, I dont have the Y91 code...

Drew you said something about connectors? When I get access to the back panel where the amp is I will photo it and send it to you for dissection...

Please excuse my ignorance :redface:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Im no pro but can def help out with running some wires etc. Ill try to leave the kids at home so i dont have to worry about them wondering off somewhere,lol.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Steve A said:
The PAC says I need the Y91 RPO code, I dont have the Y91 code...

If I recall correctly, the pick-ups bose system used the Y91 code and ours used UQA.
I think they would be the same but am not positive.
Doesn't the pac list our trucks? If it lists us and states bose - you're good. They may have just figured the one code covered all - that'd make sense - how silly!!!

EDIT - What adapter are you looking at?

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good to me. I'd put money on it!

I looked a little more and all I saw was that Y91 and UQA are both for Bose premium - just different vehicles.
The adapter has TrailBlazers and Envoys listed - non of them have Y91, just UQA for bose.

It seems like when I'm doing something like that - it'd be impossible for me to get a box and have everything I need to complete the task in that box. I'm always having to go to the garage or hardware store for something. But if we're missing something hopefully it'll be minor and we can get the basics done.

EDIT - ... and yes, I'll help out if there's room!

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
kicker_zpscd6c371e.jpg

I put kicker in my truck didn't even play them and windshield cracked.

Haha - I remember that pic - did the guy back up with the gate dragging across his hood or just stay sitting?

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Black LT said:
I think they would be the same but am not positive.

Yeah there's been a few cases where the adapter didn't work because it was for some other form of the bose system. If I was doing what he's doing I'd get the part number off the amp to know which version I had and then call them and make sure it will work.

Black LT said:
Haha - I remember that pic - did the guy back up with the gate dragging across his hood or just stay sitting?

I think it hit the roof first and then he backed up and it smacked the hood then he stopped.:crazy:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Less than two weeks.
My truck still didn't get it's spring cleaning maybe by then.:undecided:

Still have kind of a short list - don't other people like meets, or don't they know about it, or ... Oh well.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Yea! Won't be long now.

Yea I too thought we could get a bigger turnout. I'm gonna start messaging everyone I see with a PA, NJ, DE or VA profile and send them this link, haha!

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
Im off that day so ill be there and who ever needed help wireing up there system I can knock it out in like 30min with the hi/lo if the meet is still at hooters on 13 i can prob get all the small parts i need from my shop down the street

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Yes sir, it's still at hooters!

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
1. MikeinDE
2. Black LT
3. Darkass04ext
4. Mark20
5. may03LT