Need some help guys. Endlink issues

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Hey. So on the passenger side of my Trailblazer I'm on my 4th Endlink in less then a year. For some odd reason they keep snapping. Everything else checks out on the car. What can be causing this issue?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
There are a few threads that you can dig up on the forum just Google search " front endlinks gmtnation.com " and that should bring up all the info you may need.

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Snaps in what sense? The ball is coming out of the socket of the joint? Or the stud snaps/breaks?

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Snaps in what sense? The ball is coming out of the socket of the joint? Or the stud snaps/breaks?
Stud snaps clean off. Same place each time. Everything suspension wise is fine. There is nothing causing more weight to be on that endlink. And I've searched other threads, but its usually replace and stuff. Wondering if anyone actually fixed the issue.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
First I've heard of this issue but I'm thinking that it may be working itself loose and/or the hole is egged out. I had to weld some washers to the bar and A-arm mounting point as they would get loose and knock.

Maybe change the brand and make sure it's really tight, more than spec, and use red Loctite.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
First I've heard of this issue but I'm thinking that it may be working itself loose and/or the hole is egged out. I had to weld some washers to the bar and A-arm mounting point as they would get loose and knock.
Maybe change the brand and make sure it's really tight, more than spec, and use red Loctite.

The three thats been broken were AC DELCO OE part number. The only one that didn't snap in the same place was a MOOG brand. The Moog was slightly bent only. But seeing that I told my mechanic to swap it out. Ive made sure they are tight and lubed up correctly just in case.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
ACDelco changed supplier, which looks like Raybestos now but can't be sure. Still strange that they are snapping and bending like that. I still think it's because they are working loose.

Realism

Nov 25, 2015
Idaho

Going to second Mooseman's answer for using washers if the endlink hole gets enlarged. Had to do it with mine, except I didnt weld them on, just got it real real tight. Used steel washers and its been two years or so now, and not had a problem since.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online