Need service manuals? Get them here!

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Downloaded this yesterday. A few observations to everyone before downloading...

The 2002-05 manuals only go up to 2004. Also they are not in text format so searching for something is not possible at all.

I don't want to say that I am wasting my time finding something in this stuff but I need to tell you ...thanks for the effort.

If these were in text format then the sizes would be much..much...much smaller. Whoever copied these wrong should be hanged. ...END rant

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
Mooseman said:
<snip> It's just a normal HTTP download with a login and password to prevent anybody else from just posting a direct link <snip>

Just an FYI for you mooseman (and a heads up for future downloaders)...I initially tried the 871Mb zip file for '02-'05 service manuals, got the expected login and password prompt, BUT my browser (IE 9) wanted to download the .zip as text content to the browser window without prompting me to save the file somewhere. So I got a huge page of gobbledygook (yes that IS the technical term! :thumbsup:). I went back and got the PDF trouble code files without issue (acrobat plugin loaded, and I saved from there).

I RE-tried the 02-05 service manuals as a right click and Save target as... from your original link, however I was expecting to be prompted for a password/login and was not, despite having previously closed all mooseman.ca tabs. It's possible the pwd/login info was stored somewhere on my machine, as a cookie for example, but I don't think so. If that is the case, it may be possible for someone to post a direct link and bypass your original intent...I can't test this myself now having logged in once...but maybe you want someone else who has never downloaded that .zip file to test via my method to see what happens.

Cheers
WarGawd

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Friends don't let friends use IE, especially 9. :crazy:

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
the roadie said:
Friends don't let friends use IE, especially 9. :crazy:

LOL I know what you mean but it's just soooooo deeply integrated into everything I have done for so long it's just hard to find a browser I like well enough to migrate to. I HATE Chrome with a passion, and while my phone has Opera and I like it well enough, I don't use it often enough to be a power user...and I have bigger priorities for my time as you'll see in other/future posts.

Thx though

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I use Firefox, no issues here. Lots of add-ons, including Adblock, which is very useful when I'm on very advertising intense sites :biggrin:. I'm a bit leery of big brother Google so I stay away from Chrome.

madklicker2

Mar 2, 2012
Thanks, Mooseman! These are much appreciated. I was able to download the 2002-2005 manual zip file recently with no problems. And yes, I was using IE. :redface:

My truck is a 2003, but most of the content in that zip file is for other model years. However, I think these are close enough for my purposes.

As CaptainXL said, the lack of ability to search the PDFs is a bit annoying, but it's not a deal-breaker. It seems the PDFs are direct scans of the shop manual, so every page is basically a big image, with no searchable text. But, if you set your PDF reader to display the pages to fit-to-screen, you can scroll through them pretty quick. :cool:

Thanks again!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, I know. Not the best but they are pretty well detailed, especially the electrical schematics, which are in colour. Someone on the OS gave them to me to host on my website for download instead of a file sharing site, which can be a PITA to download from. If I ever get some time (a rare commodity), I might go through them and add a page index.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
WarGawd said:
I RE-tried the 02-05 service manuals as a right click and Save target as... from your original link, however I was expecting to be prompted for a password/login and was not, despite having previously closed all mooseman.ca tabs. It's possible the pwd/login info was stored somewhere on my machine, as a cookie for example, but I don't think so.

I just tried it here at work (where I haven't d/l'd them) and it popped up the username/password dialog box.

WarGawd

Sep 2, 2012
C-ya said:
I just tried it here at work (where I haven't d/l'd them) and it popped up the username/password dialog box.

Good to know, thanx for the feedback...it also occurred to me to try with a different browser, since that wouldn't use the IE9 cookies, and I did try with Chrome (errantly installed during last Java or Flash update) and I DID get the login request so it looks like that is a non-issue then :smile:

xOgrex

Sep 17, 2012
Mooseman

I'm not sure I'll ever have a need for this, but I'm still going to download and wanted to say thanks.:thumbsup:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Mooseman said:
Cool. No prob. If you happen to spot a black and rusty EXT with missing roof rack, resonator and a sticker in the back glass that says "Nobody cares about your stick figure family" with Jason chasing a stick family, that's me. Man I hate those stickers!

Moose,
For your entertainment... :biggrin:click here!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wishbone said:
Moose,
For your entertainment... :biggrin:click here!

Hahaha! That's pretty good. I've actually received compliments on my sticker from other stick family haters :biggrin:

bugeyed

Dec 25, 2011
This is a great resource. Thanks so much for making it available.
Does anyone know where I can get the information on changing the motor mounts? I have read several postings, but I would like to read & see diagrams of the GM recommended procedure. I downloaded the 02-05 PDF zip, but there is nothing about the motor mounts.

Thanks,
kev

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
bugeyed said:
This is a great resource. Thanks so much for making it available.
Does anyone know where I can get the information on changing the motor mounts? I have read several postings, but I would like to read & see diagrams of the GM recommended procedure. I downloaded the 02-05 PDF zip, but there is nothing about the motor mounts.

Thanks,
kev

Download the manual for the 2008. It's in the 4.2L Engine.pdf on page 80. Same procedure for all years.

767Jockey

Apr 5, 2012
Disregard - I was having a DUH! moment. I just saw the user name and password on the original post.

You can lead a horse to water but.......:smile:

Thanks!

xOgrex

Sep 17, 2012
Hey Mooseman, any chance you have digital versions of the parts catalogs for these models? I used to work in a GM parts dept and the ability to have part numbers ready for something I want my local dealer to order would be a huge time saver.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

jaguarjoe

Nov 22, 2012
This my first post on Gmtnation. I was majorly impressed just poking around here then I found Moose's work and I'm amazed. Good work!!
Maybe now I'll get our 02TB to run like it should!

Are there any more golden nuggets I should know about?

Thank you Moose

Thank you Gmtnation

Joe

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thanks. Just my little contribution to the cause.

And yes, there are lots of golden nuggets. In fact, the entire forum is one big nugget! Just do a search for whatever ails your truck and you should find it. If not, the other big nugget, the forum members, will most likely be able to help you out.

Welcome to the Nation!

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
You must be tired of collecting so many accolades for hosting the manuals site. Well, here's another!

Thanks for having these available. And yes, the members are the primary wealth, too!

Heck, I do't even own a TB yet, and I'm all jacked up excited to be learning so much already!!!! :crazy:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey, no problem. You've got a great community here waiting for ya when you decide to go for it.

02Blazin

Feb 10, 2012
Mooseman:

Thanks for having these available for everyone!

Still waiting for it to download, only pulling around 30-40 KB/sec so it is taking a long time but hopefully worth it.

Thanks!

Mjpfm

Dec 28, 2012
Mooseman:

Thanks for the links to the manuals and also the the other link for parts.
this is one nice web site.
have a great and safe new years:smile:

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Why are there only 16MB in the '07 manuals?

Are the '02 to '05 the basis for all models and manuals, then find the specifics in the '07 manual not contained in the previous?

I know there is a simple answer to this...

Thanks!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Robbabob said:
Why are there only 16MB in the '07 manuals?

Are the '02 to '05 the basis for all models and manuals, then find the specifics in the '07 manual not contained in the previous?

I know there is a simple answer to this...

Thanks!

Sure looks like that. This is the contents for the 2008 Manuals. I think that for a given year, you would need to download all manuals from all previous years as there were other changes. I know there were changes to the engine in 2006 but the 2008 manual doesn't show anything for it. So for a 2008, you would have to download everything from 2002 to 2008.

To help out, when I have a chance, I'll get a mod to add the contents of each one so that people won't have to download what they don't need. Too bad we can't get unlimited editing capability to our own posts though.

Attachments

• 2008 Manuals.jpg
    2008 Manuals.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 171

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mooseman said:
Too bad we can't get unlimited editing capability to our own posts though.
To answer just this one question, most forums allow a limited time of editing to make sure somebody doesn't go back much later and mess up a thread by writing revisionist history. Not a problem for us, of course, but on some forums with less mature and more hot-headed folks, it can be an issue.

Old Coot

Jan 2, 2013
Mooseman,

What a wonderful resource! Thank you for sharing with us.

After downloading all those pages, I half way expect my netbook to weight at least 50 pounds and expand to a foot thick.:smile:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
I feel like I'm a bit late to the party, but since I've had these awesome manuals for so long...it doesn't count :raspberry:

Thanks a ton for these, though! really are quite useful, even if I am just getting comfortable reading them :yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.