My Wreck

Trailshaman

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Yesterday i had a bad wreck in the trailblazer. My girlfriend and i got t boned by a chrysler 300 and flipped 7 times before coming to a stop. I just wanted to let every one know that my girlfriend and i are cut bruised and shaken but alive. We were both wearing our seat belts. The car and god protected us through this ordeal.

View attachment 22367

Attachments

• 527903_4557096134032_2096799049_n.jpg
    527903_4557096134032_2096799049_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 52

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Wow, catastrophic damage to your TB. These rollover's usually result in ejections and closed head injuries (and death). Good to hear you both were secured in with seatbelts. A visual lession as to why SEATBELTS are fundamental when entering a vehicle. Hope you're not too banged up. Right now, I'm reaffirming my belief that GMT360's are "rollover worthy". :yes:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
HOLY BODY ON FRAME STRENGTH, BATMAN!!!!!!

More lives saved by the experienced GM designers that did their jobs with skill and integrity. Wish all the systems were designed by the same talent level engineers.

Thanks for the report and all the best for speedy recoveries for both of you. Thousands of members here and on Trailvoy, and the string of stories like yours is unbroken.

Trailshaman

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
i did lose a spring, lift spacer and one body mount during the wreck

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
That'll buff out.

Just kidding (and trying to bring a smile after such a terrible thing) but REALLY glad to hear you both are ok. This really shows how solid these things are. Sorry for your accident though bro.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Trailshaman said:
i did lose a spring, lift spacer and one body mount during the wreck
The vultures may be asleep at the moment, but I predict (from long experience) that they will arrive by morning. If you buy back the wreck, lots of folks will want cheap parts. I can't recommend going into the cheap parts business.

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Man, glad to hear you both are okay. That looks pretty darn serious. Good luck with your recovery.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Glad yall are ok.

gotspeed1

Dec 3, 2011
the roadie said:
The vultures may be asleep at the moment, but I predict (from long experience) that they will arrive by morning. If you buy back the wreck, lots of folks will want cheap parts. I can't recommend going into the cheap parts business.

Not this one!! Although I was raised to know there is a time and a place for everything, and this is neither. Glad to hear you all are ok. The truck is just another piece of metal, you can buy another. The same couldn't be said if the outcome for you or your girlfriend were different. :grouphug:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
WOW!!! Glad to here you both came out of it OK.

BTW I see another GMT360 in your future

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Hearing this just reaffirms my decision to buy my Envoy. I have never felt safe in any other vehicle. I am very glad you and your girlfriend were able to walk away, although with minor injuries, but alive. These trucks are amazing in the safety department. I wouldn't trust to buy anything else. Prayers for a fast recovery!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Um WOW! Glad to hear you both escaped serious injury.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
7 times?!!? How fast was the 300 going? Glad to hear your all right, and its good to see the TB held up so well, and did its just to protect you.

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Glad y'all are safe!!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Wow a 300 sent it for 7 rolls, how fast was he going. Good thing your ok.

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Voymom said:
Hearing this just reaffirms my decision to buy my Envoy.

CdnGMan said:
I'll echo what everyone else has said by saying "Glad you're BOTH alive & well - aside from the bruises..."
I'd love to hear how fast that 300 was going in order to roll you 7 times tho... that's simply insane! :eek:

:iagree: Thanks for sharing & glad you both survive such a wreck!

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Glad you both are ok. You can always replace the truck, but you can never replace either one of you.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Voymom said:
I have never felt safe in any other vehicle. I am very glad you and your girlfriend were able to walk away, although with minor injuries, but alive. These trucks are amazing in the safety department.

I also feel very safe in mine.

I'm really glad to hear you both are okay.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Wow that is scary!!! Seriously how fast was the 300 going to flip a car twice its size that many times!! God was with you and glad to see you and the lady are ok! Very lucky and blessed that you didn't get injured badly or die!

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
WOW!!!!!!! im so glad to hear both of you are ok

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Glad to hear you are ok. My wife and son rolled our first Rainier 2.5 times but into several feet of snow so the damage was lighter than yours. I can't tell if you have a moon roof but the damage was worse by the moon roof on the Rainier compared to the rest of the top. Looks like 7 full 360 degree rolls and it didn't matter if you had one or not. I like the 360's that have roll over airbags. I know my wife's head hurt from smashing it into the pillar where the bag would have been had it been newer with bags.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online