My Summit White SS Clone Progress

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
AquaLady said:
You have talent. To do everything by hand and have the patience.

Thank you for your kind words. It is an ongoing process as I am saving up to do a LS2 Swap at the same time.

-------------------

But I did do a little work today. So here is some shots I took now that it is night time.

First is the rear manual AC Control
securedownload_zps785b9c77.jpg

Now is the floorboard areas of the front two seats. Sorry about the mess in the pass floorboard I was doing something else in it today.
securedownload1_zps2d4f7d62.jpg

securedownload2_zps2a06396e.jpg

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Ok, so I am back after a long time away. I will be resuming my modding very soon, but have been through some tough moments right now. Some up and some downs and some days more down. It hasn't been a good start this year. I had to deal with the motor randomly locking up in the TB, and I'll get more into that later. The worst well I had a family member pass away and my head has just been all screwed up lately and I know most know how that can be. I will elaborate more soon. Just wanted to pop on and see some changes around here I have been getting emails about.

Don

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. Do what you gotta do man. Keep your head up too.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Thank you, I plan on trying to do something to it tommorrow. Just been too busy. I need to offload a bunch of old parts for the 2002 - 2004 and craigslist isn't a help or even eBay.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Venomhatch said:
Upgraded to my New/Used Pioneer Navi Head Unit with custom Splash Screen.

Now I just have to fine the right adapters so I retain my chimes. I can care less about the onstar since I pulled all of the old onstar system out of the truck.

_57_zps7dc8f77b.jpg

securedownload1_zps56f9d80f.jpg

ChevroletDecepticon_zps8027dd4f.jpg
Do you know what model this is? And please tell me that Chevy/Transformers logo is the boot up screen. :thumbsup:

Reactions: sawicksted

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
r1894 said:
Do you know what model this is? And please tell me that Chevy/Transformers logo is the boot up screen. :thumbsup:
It is the AVIC-930BT and yes it has the Chevy Decepticon Boot Screen. Fitting being it is an LS deceiving some into thinking it is and SS. I also have an forced update to update it to the same OS as the AVIC-940BT which has a few more options. The Boot Screen is something I made from scratch using the original GM Navi Boot screen I found somewhere and my own decepticon image. I have it activated with a lifetime subscription to Sirius Premium Package with the SAT Tuner. I have all the bells and whistles for it besides the traffic advisory add-on.

Reactions: sawicksted

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
So its been a little while since my last post, but guess what now I am in Newport News, Va for a while and may need help with the truck if any VA members near NN, VA can help?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Venomhatch said:
So its been a little while since my last post, but guess what now I am in Newport News, Va for a while and may need help with the truck if any VA members near NN, VA can help?
Glad to see you back on the forum. I would love to see your progress on your clone. Looks like I am about 3.5 hrs away though.

Any new updates?

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Glad to see you back on the forum. I would love to see your progress on your clone. Looks like I am about 3.5 hrs away though.

Any new updates?
Well it has been a lil bit of a holding pattern lately. 4.2L took a crap, seized, cant break it free and lord knows I tried. No Temp light, always changed my oil on time if not early, never took it through flood water or anything like that. May have to buy another 4.2 I was paying on a 6.0 swap but had to sell it for the move I am temporarily up here for. I will post some pics to keep the thread updated today at some point just to keep it fresh on here.

This part is for anyone reading that may have these items laying around.

Still needed for exterior:
SS Front bumper, Grilles, fogs, and silver accent pieces.
Clear Mirror Turn Signals/Puddle Lights.
Shark Fin "Sat" Antenna, I do not need the cord if it is damaged or cut off.

Inside:
New front seat-belts on both sides, mine are catching every so often and now releasing. I think the packs might have exploded by accident inside them.
Maybe a few other accent pieces.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hey Don, one of the guys from SSOwners I was helping yesterday has chrome inside door handles, but he wants to trade for the black versions. How long are you up there for? Maybe if it's not for too long, you guys can swap when you get back? :undecided:

Reactions: Venomhatch

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
Hey Don, one of the guys from SSOwners I was helping yesterday has chrome inside door handles, but he wants to trade for the black versions. How long are you up there for? Maybe if it's not for too long, you guys can swap when you get back? :undecided:
Yeah I dont know how long but if he wants we can do a ship ~n~ swap. I can take pics of all of mine, Which are in pristine condition. Not a scratch on mine. I can pay for the shipping on mine and have them out as soon as they agree.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
I can even mail him mine first if necessary.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I just talked to him, he ordered a set of black ones yesterday that should get delivered tomorrow. I asked him to take some pics of his chrome ones (he said one of them is scratched up) and come up with a price, if he wanted to sell em. He hasn't gotten back to me yet on that part. He's doing his upper ball joints today.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Well today I finished up doing my ugly gray with stains cargo area to SS blacked out trim and carpet. Then I am trying out a project with some extra LED boards I had lying around in my reverse lights. They work like they should so far.

securedownload1_zpsbf4c1d52.jpg

securedownload3_zps0887eef5.jpg
securedownload4_zps1633df38.jpg

securedownload5_zps1ca4cf3c.jpg

securedownload6_zps01fa5ee9.jpg
securedownload7_zpsad178ce5.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
looks good

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I wanted the front one but every time I calculated shipping it was too much for me. I can find them around here for 300 with everything. But I just missed the last one when I asked you initially.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Where can you find them for that price?
Occasionally from near by junk yards. There is one at 500 I am trying to talk them down at the moment. I got most of my other parts from the same TBSS that the bumper would be coming from.

Reactions: dmanns67

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
BlazingTrails said:
There is no such thing as a trailblazer SS in a junkyard in ga. I'll tell ya now lol
There is a silver one, here. I am trying to negotiate the door panels on all but the driver door, (Damaged). Also after the Front bumper, and maybe more soon after that.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
BlazingTrails said:
There is no such thing as a trailblazer SS in a junkyard in ga. I'll tell ya now lol
I know right. Same around here. The two TBSS that I have seen in Martinsburg both have handicap tags on them and are completely stock driven by someones grandparents :no:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
That brings a tear to my eye. Are you just getting the front cover? Looks like the grille and headlights are in good condition. How is the rear bumper cover? Wheels look good too.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That poor SS. Too bad that's not around here or i'd take so much stuff off of her and give it a good home

Reactions: dmanns67

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If you ever find an SS in a yard in GA trails you better let me in on it, and vice vera :eek:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I want the front bumper, headlights, door panels, all interior trim panels, but I am trying to buy the whole shell minus the engine and tranny. They have already sold that.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
How much are you trying to get all that for?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online

No members online now.