92.2 KB · Views: 31
  • securedownloada.jpg
    securedownloada.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 30

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
New question for everyone.

My Fiance says this decal has to go on the TB. Please help me seriously compromise where to apply it. No jokes please.

$(KGrHqN,!oEFGzWpwW-HBRu2b7w4pg~~60_57.JPG

View attachment 31887

Attachments

• 31158610006_large.jpg
    31158610006_large.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 34

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Depends on the dimensions of it... if you want a serious answer....

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If it was smaller, I'd say on the license plate pocket where the small bowtie used to be mounted. But for this size, I'd say in either of the customary spots on the bottom corners of the lift gate.

:undecided: Outside of the box idea, if you had a flat faced front bowtie, like the billet ones, put it up there. Or remove the bowtie altogether, and paint the recessed area black if it could fit in the opening, for better visibility.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Does it have to go on the outside? Passenger visor. Put it so the passenger can't use the vanity mirror? Please explain why the fiance gets so much say in your ride so you don't take jokes from the married crowd. Man I'm trying hard :facepalm:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
I don't really want it on their but I do respect my fiances wants also.

TexazReece said:
:rotfl: Put it on the rear hatch with a little tape so when you get on the highway it'll blow off:biggrin:.

I like your idea lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Venomhatch said:
I don't really want it on their but I do respect my fiances wants also.

I like your idea lol

What kinda car does SHE drive? Sounds like there needs to be some give and take here. Get her some mudflaps with the women sitting sideways on them. Then see if she still wants to mod your TB :no:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Blckshdw said:
What kinda car does SHE drive? Sounds like there needs to be some give and take here. Get her some mudflaps with the women sitting sideways on them. Then see if she still wants to mod your TB :no:

hmmmmmm :undecided::thumbsup:

2005 Chrysler Sebring Sedan

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
TexazReece said:
I would agree also with this area but if it must go on ( :frown: ) get that Disney logo in a decal then place it in that spot.

I am still arguing my point of not putting it on there.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Venomhatch said:

Bro, that should go on the Sebring why should you have to drive with that on your vehicle:mad:

Tell her it'd be perfect for her on the left o right of the trunk
View attachment 31893

Attachments

• sebring.JPG
    sebring.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 83
  • sebring2.jpg
    sebring2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 19

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Boundaries man. Establish them. I care about my wife's wishes but what about your's? What's next? If you wanted it on it would already be on. Do they pay all the bills and play $$? Then go for it.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
Boundaries man. Establish them. I care about my wife's wishes but what about your's? What's next? If you wanted it on it would already be on. Do they pay all the bills and play $$? Then go for it.

Yeah I feel you. I like it the way it is nothing but oem items.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I would be all over showing her the coolest spot on her ride where it should go. Back side, offset somewhere :thumbsup:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Venomhatch said:

My Fiance says this decal has to go on the TB. Please help me seriously compromise where to apply it. No jokes please.

That is a tough one. Happy wife, happy life, but still that is a ridiculous request to me. I would explain to her that all of the money, time, and sweat you are putting into your TB is going for a certain look that does NOT include a Disney logo.

You know this might be a test. Women are good at these. She might not care if you put the logo on or keep it on (Even though she acts like she does), but wants to see if you will do it and compromise. :undecided: Is the wedding anytime in the near future? I agree with SnowMan, if my wife asked me to put a decal or sticker on my TB, I would laugh and take it from her and slap it on her F-150, unless it was a GMT Nation decal :thumbsup:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
That is a tough one. Happy wife, happy life, but still that is a ridiculous request to me. I would explain to her that all of the money, time, and sweat you are putting into your TB is going for a certain look that does NOT include a Disney logo.

You know this might be a test. Women are good at these. She might not care if you put the logo on or keep it on (Even though she acts like she does), but wants to see if you will do it and compromise. :undecided: Is the wedding anytime in the near future? I agree with SnowMan, if my wife asked me to put a decal or sticker on my TB, I would laugh and take it from her and slap it on her F-150, unless it was a GMT Nation decal :thumbsup:

April is the wedding. But I agree. I will think of something but I am not going to put it on after all.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
:yes: CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT AND WEDDING! I got my TB two weeks after getting married because I rented one for a week on our honeymoon. To be honest with you, I've prevented my wife from putting a few on hers. She likes the two I put on mine though.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Venomhatch said:
April is the wedding. But I agree. I will think of something but I am not going to put it on after all.

Congrats on the wedding, but seriously Happy Wife, Happy Life is more than a saying. Some things are worth fighting for/over, most things are not. Your vehicle is definitely one of those things worth fighting for in my opinion because that is one of the things that I can say is "Mine" and not "Ours".

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
dmanns67 said:
...if my wife asked me to put a decal or sticker on my TB, I would laugh and take it from her and slap it on her F-150, unless it was a GMT Nation decal :thumbsup:

What's stopping you? That, sir, would be epic! Sorry :offtopic:

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Playsinsnow said:
:yes: CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT AND WEDDING! I got my TB two weeks after getting married because I rented one for a week on our honeymoon. To be honest with you, iver prevented my wife from putting a few on hers. She likes the two I put on mine though.

Thank you sir, Ill have to see a pick of your decals some time. But as dmanns67 stated I did the math And have put several thousands now into it, especially with the now upcoming LS2 swapping. I am not about to mess with that.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Playsinsnow said:
What's stopping you? That, sir, would be epic! Sorry :offtopic:

We have not crossed that bridge yet :rotfl:. I do not think she is into decals or stickers. I did threaten to stick my aluminum bowtie on the tailgate of her F-150, she did not like that very much.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
dmanns67 said:
We have not crossed that bridge yet :rotfl:. I do not think she is into decals or stickers. I did threaten to stick my aluminum bowtie on the tailgate of her F-150, she did not like that very much.

That's an interesting house hold. Chevy and Ford together.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
That's funny. What was said prior to you sticking it on? That she wouldn't notice? :rotfl:

Nothing special. The decals are on both back side windows, inch or two high. The driver side says "MAMMOTH" towards the rear of glass on top in the tint so you don't see it looking out. It is silver/mirrored. The passenger side is says "June mtn shred the gnar" at the bottom rear in silver&white on the tint. I bought the TB because we headed west for a year long "honeymoon" and it had largest capacity and best towing/power at the time. Wanted 4x4 and this was the best bang for our buck. 2yr old TB with 17k on it. The stickers represent. When someone notices they get it. Chair7.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
jrSS said:
In all seriousness. .. grow some balls and tell her NO!!

Or tell her you'll do it, if she agrees to hang some truck nutz from her rear view mirror!! :crackup:

Reactions: FearlessAZ

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
dmanns67 said:
I think it was a Ford/Chevy "discussion" that escalated. :rotfl:

I had one of those ford/chevy discussions with the neighbor last week, then I wrote chev on his truck on my way home. It's kinda like getting the last word in...

View attachment 31904

Attachments

• 20131226_124939.jpg
    20131226_124939.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Venomhatch said:

$(KGrHqN,!oEFGzWpwW-HBRu2b7w4pg~~60_57.JPG

View attachment 19076

On top of the muffler!!! No one will see it before it falls off.

JamesL3

Oct 16, 2013
Northfield, OH
Venomhatch said:

Not trying to be a douche about it, but why can't the decal / emblem go on HER car? :confused: I wouldn't honestly put anything on my vehicle that i didn't want, nor would i put something on my wife's car that she didn't want. That's borderline asking for a "I love my wife" bumper sticker.

As for the Decepticon emblem, i fully back that one up! I bought an Anzo Decepticon Hitch cover that i am planning on repurposing for a lighted grille emblem. :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I agree it's a test. Resist. It's her way of "marking her territory" since she knows she can't make you drive a minivan to make you unable to pick up other chicks. Since Disney isn't paying you to advertise for them, broadcasting that the owner of the vehicle is a Disney enthusiast is totally pointless.

Venomhatch

Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
JamesL3 said:
Not trying to be a douche about it, but why can't the decal / emblem go on HER car? :confused: I wouldn't honestly put anything on my vehicle that i didn't want, nor would i put something on my wife's car that she didn't want. That's borderline asking for a "I love my wife" bumper sticker.

As for the Decepticon emblem, i fully back that one up! I bought an Anzo Decepticon Hitch cover that i am planning on repurposing for a lighted grille emblem. :thumbsup:

You must share this idea with me lol. I am interested!

the roadie said:
I agree it's a test. Resist. It's her way of "marking her territory" since she knows she can't make you drive a minivan to make you unable to pick up other chicks. Since Disney isn't paying you to advertise for them, broadcasting that the owner of the vehicle is a Disney enthusiast is totally pointless.

I completely agree it took me a little while but I saw it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online