My mom passed away last night :(

silverunicorn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Not trying to be a downer, but it helps my process to talk about things.

If you can, just say a small prayer for my family. My mom passed away last night from what seems like complications from a surgery she had 2 weeks ago.

She had been at home but then on Friday became tired, would not eat, and got dehydrated, She went back into the hospital. It was determined she had sepsis, and it took over her bloodstream and shut down her body.

She was 65. Some of the family was there, including her current husband of 30 years, as well as my dad, which I thought was a nice gesture by her husband. We had not always seen eye to eye, but it had been better in the past 5 years or so, and it was (and is) obvious how much he loved mom.

Services and arrangements will be made according to her wishes.

Thanks for listening.

Chris

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Sorry for your loss. hope you and your extended family find peace.

embrace her memory, she will live in your heart forever.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Chris,

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. All you can do is keep the the memory of her in your mind and take one day at a time.

It's been 16 years since my Dad passed away during surgery and I still miss him.

Matt

Jan 20, 2013
sorry for your loss man! i know what your going through !
And it was cool your dad showed up! really shows he cared for her!
Stay Strong!

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
Sorry to hear of your loss. As long as you always remember the love and good times, then she will never really be gone. My sincere Condolences.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sorry to hear, but thanks for sharing. Mrs. Roadie and I send our condolences.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Chris, so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong. Bob

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Chris, I am very sorry for your loss, sending my deepest condolences and prayers to you and your family.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I"m sorry to hear this. You have my prayers.

DucatiSS

Nov 19, 2011
I am very sorry for your loss. Stay strong and remember all the good times.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry to hear about that man stay strong.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
Chris,

I am sorry for your loss, it is never an easy thing to go through. I am sure you have many happy memories with her, and this will keep her alive within you.

Hugh

81turboguy

Nov 13, 2012
Sorry for your loss Chris. My grandfather succumbed to sepsis while in the hospital. It was very difficult to go through while it took over his body. Hold all the memories and they never really leave you.

-Tom

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
My condolences to you and your family. Working as a hospital clinician, I all too often see the ravaging affects of a simple post-operative infection leading to systemic involvement, primarily caused by a sepsis pathway. Your mom was young and I'm sure she'll be missed greatly. Hang in there. And as others have pointed out, the memories will live forever.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
Sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!!

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
Hey bro I'm terribly sorry for your loss. It's never easy, especially when the circumstances are so questionable. I had the same thing happen to my aunt about 8 years ago with getting sepsis in the hospital. She died shortly after.

My heart goes out to you man- and please know that even though it will be a tough road ahead you will get through it. Time may not heal all wounds, but it will get better each and every day. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
Will

D0M0

Aug 2, 2012
Prayers definitely sent out to you and your family...I know this isn't an easy time. I lost my mom in 2005 and my dad in 2010. Remember the good times and be encouraged that she is in a better place now.

Don't do what I did and shut down. Talk it out to your loved ones and those close to you. Its ok to let them know that you are hurting too from the loss as much as they are. Even if they aren't keeping it "all together"

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
sorry for your loss... prayers will be sent... :grouphug:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sucks...sorry for your loss. Always terrible having someone pass. She is in a way better place than we are.

Fishhunter911

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Very sorry to hear Chris. My prayers are with you and your family.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Sorry for your loss bro, that's a tough one to swallow but we will definately listen and are here for ya.

Deepest condolences to you and your family.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Chris,

You have my heartfelt sympathy. I also lost a parent to this. After a surgery, my father developed a bladder infection that went septic.

Hang in there, my friend. :grouphug:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sorry for your loss.

marce

Jan 6, 2012
Sorry for your loss. I know you will miss her but sometimes when you look in the mirror you will catch a glimpse of her, She will always be with you !

05EnvoyXL

Dec 27, 2012
i lost my grandmother back in august, which was the most devastating moment in 32 years on earth. I still have dreams thats shes well alive and kicking. I always think its her way of talking to me from heaven as well as my grandfather.

Im sorry for your loss dude, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Your right, it def does help talking about it.

theloko61

Dec 4, 2011
My condolences to you and your family, the lost a love one it's not easy.
My Dad passed away 18 years ago and I miss Him dearly...
Stay strong.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli