Midwest meet 2016 - need input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
OK guys, time is getting away from us (or me, or whatever). We need to vote on the date AND location of the midwest meet this summer. Start the suggestions rolling in!

Not sure how best to do this, I thought of starting a poll but obviously for some people location depends on the date and vice versa. So instead of a poll I just want to get some suggestions first. I know typically this meet is sometime late may through mid June but it doesn't necessarily have to be. In 2014 the meet was in Auburn, IN and in 2015 it was Chicago, IL. I know in 2012 there was a meet in Columbus, OH but I don't recall if that was the big meet or just a random one, I just know it was my first one to go to.

Anyway, post suggestions/comments/etc!

Reactions: Denali n DOO

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Somewhere close? :crackup:

Dates don't matter to me, just distance at this stage.

Reactions: Sparky

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Some thoughts....and you'd need access to the member info, but as a mod, I'm guessing that would be possible...

Pull the listing of members, with location by state, who have logged on within the past year (or minimum of 'x' posts, etc). Get the count of members by state. Pick your 'midwest' state with the highest concentration of members.

Post back with that state, and ask the members (either residing in that state, or all) for suggestions for a location within that state.

Or - lay out your map with the 'midwest' states. Pick a central location (excluding previously selected ones), and ask for suggestions.

Either of these gives the best chance for the highest turnout - either by member concentration or by shortest travel distance.

I can help compile the data, if you like - I'd ask that you strip out member names for the safety of all. Just IM me if you need help.

Reactions: Ziggy

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Not a bad idea, I'll have to look into that

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Quad City again.

Did Indy a couple times.

I think Chicago has biggest attendance though

Ziggy

Feb 8, 2015
Chicago is obviously the largest city in the GMT Midwest Region, probably easiest to get the most people to. Personally, my preference would be a little further South and East, though. Only because I don't know if I could make a weekend out of it. Indy, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton?

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
@big ed where would you like to be arrested/ticketed/stopped at this year? :smile:

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
:crackup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
img1287281242004.jpg

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Chicago is obviously the largest city in the GMT Midwest Region, probably easiest to get the most people to. Personally, my preference would be a little further South and East, though. Only because I don't know if I could make a weekend out of it. Indy, Columbus, Cincinnati, Dayton?

Cincinnati is good with me, that's where I live haha

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
:thankyou::tiphat::yikes:
There's got to be a story that goes along with this...
I've never been to a Midwest meet but If I ever get to come to the States for a meet the Midwest is the one I would attend. I've been following the Midwest meet threads for a few years and it's ALWAYS a good read...

Midwest folks like apple pie :tequila:

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Any thoughts on M M M...I can't say it...Michigan?

Reactions: DDonnie

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Honestly I'm good with where ever. Obviously closer means less driving :wink: but I'm not picky really.

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That could be interesting.

Reactions: Denali n DOO

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
:thankyou::tiphat::yikes:
There's got to be a story that goes along with this...
Oh a very good story. Some irresponsible member made this happen. I don't know why we keep inviting that guy.

I need to find my folder with all the good pictures from all the midwest meets. Poor poor Ed... every time...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prolly just need to meet at Hatchets....

Reactions: Regulator

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'd be good with that!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
:bump:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Should we tell him or just show up?

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Might want to say something just to be sure he's there.

On a serious note - do we want to do that? I'm good with it but I want to be sure others are too.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I think he may have some issue, but around his area could work I think Not enough parking for a big meet

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
He has a lawn doesn't he? :crackup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
So do his neighbors!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's Chi-town again then?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Maybe. Hoping for a lil more contribution, but likely should link this on facebook for more eyes to see

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
There really isn't anywhere in Cincinnati for a big crowd. Honestly lawrenceburg speedway near @HARDTRAILZ would be good as long as it isn't a Saturday cause the lot would be in use

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Since I am coaching baseball this summer, I can try to make it if it's in Chicago. Just depends on my game schedule.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
There really isn't anywhere in Cincinnati for a big crowd. Honestly lawrenceburg speedway near @HARDTRAILZ would be good as long as it isn't a Saturday cause the lot would be in use

Plenty of places around Cincinnati. Hell we have had good sized meets there in the past.

Typically a Quaker Steak or similar spot and/or a meet up in a city/state park is how these things work. Basically any parking lot works and some of the best times are in the lot at the hotel!

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
Well that's true I guess I was thinking more around where I live but Quaker steak loves hosting stuff like that if it brings in business

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Been to several events there. Seems to always be something going on in the parking lot

tsmith1156

Jul 9, 2013
Lebanon, Ohio
And a hotel would make sense to so nobody has to driven when the bottles and cans start emptying. There is actually a Quaker steak in Milford Ohio that is right next to a hotel... Convenience? I think not haha

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Wink could host in KY???

Reactions: Matt

Sparky

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'd be down for that!

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics