Middle Amana May Meet

D-V_Envoy

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
GMT Nation,

We're setting up a little gathering on May 12th at a park in Middle Amana, Iowa.

Right now the folks looking to attend Middle Amana May Meet (MAMM):
1. D-V_Envoy
2. High Voltage
3. Voymom

We just want to do a little meet & greet and toss some burgers/dogs or your choice of meat on the grill.

I'm wanting to do "MAMM" because I'm heading to Europe and would love to meet other TB and Voy owners in the U.S. prior to leaving.
Voymom and High Voltage also enjoy meeting new folks and talking about our beloved vehicles. So we put our heads together in a few conversations and have come up with the date and location. (We'll be calling the park very soon to reserve it.) We realize Mother's day is that Sunday, but we're not expecting to impact your plans if you just have a short drive. Plus hey, stay around and visit the Amana Colonies, it's pretty neat place!

We'll post the show time and map once we reserve the park along with other details and answer your questions.
It'll be a BYOM and BYOB.
I do plan on buying some bags of charcoal for the fire.

We want to make this a simple little meet/greet and an opportunity to hang out.

We know the Massive Mich Meet is the next weekend, just consider this a little warm up. :smile:

So all you SE Iowa and Western Illi folks come over to Middle Amana and join us! :cool:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Sounds great!! I will either be baking a cake or baking cadbury egg cupcakes as it will be my hubby's b-day that Sunday(Mothers day). I can also bring burger buns or chips/snacks. If anything else is needed please let me know!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If I was just a bit closer and did not have the trip the following weekend I would try to make it. Just a bit too much in fuel cost to do both.

D-V_Envoy

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
If I was just a bit closer and did not have the trip the following weekend I would try to make it. Just a bit too much in fuel cost to do both.

Completely understand and realize that.
I would be in Mich as well if not for having to have Voy on the East Coast May 18th to be sent overseas with me. :smile:
Enjoy the meet in Mich.

D-V_Envoy

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Voymom said:
Sounds great!! I will either be baking a cake or baking cadbury egg cupcakes as it will be my hubby's b-day that Sunday(Mothers day). I can also bring burger buns or chips/snacks. If anything else is needed please let me know!!

Cadbury egg cupcakes!!!!!!!:eek:

Yes I know what else we need ... the nearest ER after my overdose on those!! :biggrin:

D-V_Envoy

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Our little list of attendees received a "probably" from Uncle Blazer. :smile:
1. D-V_Envoy
2. High Voltage
3. Voymom
4. Uncle Blazer

Anyone else thinking about hanging out with us?

Heck I already have an idea for some of that tax return to use on the Voy prior to the meet. :biggrin:

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
We will let ya know. Gata check the date. My oldist is gana be a grad this year. Im getting old lol.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Sounds like a plan. Date looks ok to us. We will drive the ss. Its a little better on gas.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
stormsurge said:
Sounds like a plan. Date looks ok to us. We will drive the ss. Its a little better on gas.

YAY!!! I'm excited to see the SS :biggrin: I may just have to get one as my "Emergency Spare Vehicle" :wink:

1. D-V_Envoy
2. High Voltage
3. Voymom
4. Uncle Blazer(Maybe)
5. Stormsurge

I'm super excited for the meet!!

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
The ss is nice but i am having some trouble with it. Seems everytime a gt gets close to it, it sifts to 3rd gear and the traction +stable control goes off. Then my neck hurts from wiplash. My wife sead its fine when she drives it. Might just be me. :wootwoot:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I will put a -maybe- out as well.

I am trying to move, and sell a house, buy a house, etc, etc, etc...

And 257 miles isnt exactly close!

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
TollKeeper said:
I will put a -maybe- out as well.

I am trying to move, and sell a house, buy a house, etc, etc, etc...

And 257 miles isnt exactly close!

Your about 5 hours from me so around 6 hours. Might wana get a room and come on fryday Or camp somewhere. How many are yas?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
stormsurge said:
Your about 5 hours from me so around 6 hours. Might wana get a room and come on fryday Or camp somewhere. How many are yas?

Me and the wife..

Maybe we need to move this meet south, to VoyMom's place..

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
If its just the two of ya, we have a sleeper sofa. You could drive here on fryday night and crash. We have a small house but its just me, the wife and two teen brats, oops i mean girls lol. Kids are out or downstairs anymore anyway. I wont say anything about the hotub. Everyone will wana come lol.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I dont get off work until 4-7am Saturday morning.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Since Drew won't be able to make it and or set up any plans I need to know if the date and location is okay for everyone as I will go ahead and take over setting things up. If you would like to change the date or location please let me know and we can find something that works for everyone. I'm okay either way it goes as long as it is on a Saturday and weather is nice.

You can either post here or PM me, it doesn't matter :biggrin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Saturdays are no good for me.. So count me out..

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Just wanted to check in and see who all is still planning on making the meet Saturday(May 12th) before mothers day in Amana IA.

It is BYOBeer and BYOMeat

Time- 12:00pm
Place- To be determined(Either High Voltage's place or RV park will know when it's a bit closer to the meet date)

If you have any questions, concerns or whatever you can message me on here.

Thanks!!

Spyw

Apr 23, 2012
Count me in for this one. I haven't been to meet since another one in Amana probably going on two years ago now. I remember setting my engine on fire with degreaser the morning before that meet. I'll try to avoid that this time around.

Also, let me know if you need any help with anything.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
My "binge drinking to cure cancer" got cancelled, so I might be able to come down. Going to depend on what the wifey wants to do for mother's day. Since her idea of what we are going to do always trumps mine, it might be a tough sell. We will see.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Spyw said:
Count me in for this one. I haven't been to meet since another one in Amana probably going on two years ago now. I remember setting my engine on fire with degreaser the morning before that meet. I'll try to avoid that this time around.

Also, let me know if you need any help with anything.

Uncle Blazer said:
My "binge drinking to cure cancer" got cancelled, so I might be able to come down. Going to depend on what the wifey wants to do for mother's day. Since her idea of what we are going to do always trumps mine, it might be a tough sell. We will see.

Okay guys, just keep me posted. I will be contacting Jeff here in the next few days to see exactly where we are going to meet up as the time is getting nearer. I will have all my kiddos with me during the meet, so feel free to bring your little ones as well. I have 4 tagging along.

BLACK BEAST

Dec 13, 2011
Coaching baseball and softball but I'm gonna try to make this one. I need to see my buddy Jeff and some of my ol buddies...later biggie

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BLACK BEAST said:
Coaching baseball and softball but I'm gonna try to make this one. I need to see my buddy Jeff and some of my ol buddies...later biggie

Hey Biggie!!! We would love to see you out there. It would be awesome if you could make it out. I will have more info about the meet as we get closer to the date, Jeff and I haven't picked a spot yet lol so we will post it here when I can get a chance to call him.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BLACK BEAST said:
Bump....hello is this thread alive

I tried to call/text Jeff about the meet place but got no answer. I'm not sure if he got it or not because my phone has been shit the past 3 days from bad weather.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
BLACK BEAST said:
Hello!!!!! What's the deal here....should I get excited or just forget it

Well If I could get a hold of Jeff I would have more information.

Or

We can just do it in my neck of the woods? As I haven't lived here long enough to find my way around Cedar Rapids/Amana.

I will text Jeff again tomorrow and see if I can get a hold of him. I know he has been going through a lot and has a ton of stuff going on so it may not be the best time for him. So if anyone wants to chime in and let me know if Southeast Iowa is an okay place to have it at, and who can all come. I can have a place set up in 24 hours.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Cordova dragway lol. Fairport landing. Good cheap food and drink and its right on the river. Nice place to kickback. Wildcat den park is'nt to far from there too. Cool park with climbing trails and camping/swimming. 280 lakes is a big park outside of davenport with paddleboats, swimming, camping, great fishing. Three good size lakes.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
stormsurge said:
Cordova dragway lol. Fairport landing. Good cheap food and drink and its right on the river. Nice place to kickback. Wildcat den park is'nt to far from there too. Cool park with climbing trails and camping/swimming. 280 lakes is a big park outside of davenport with paddleboats, swimming, camping, great fishing. Three good size lakes.

With 4 children and one with special needs that would be way out of my league. And since it's the day before mother's day I can't get grandma to watch the little ones. I need something like a outdoor park where we can BBQ and my hoodlums can run wild, because they will run wild whether it's inside or outside lol

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Wild cat den or 280 lakes would be good for them. I dont know the amana area eather. Trying to think of a place close to everyone. Your all about the same from here.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
stormsurge said:
Wild cat den or 280 lakes would be good for them. I dont know the amana area eather. Trying to think of a place close to everyone. Your all about the same from here.

Yeah we have a huge park here with plenty of fishing, kids playground, covered BBQ pavilions, and lots of room for them to run around in.

My kids can't swim yet as they are all to young. Only my 8yr old can swim so 280 lakes is just about asking for one of mine to get into a problematic situation. I have 1 child I wouldn't worry to much about, but my 3yr old is ADHD and developmental delays, and my 6yr old is Autistic. Then I have a 16 month old who doesn't know any better. If there is just a park with plenty of room for all the kids to run around and play ball without worrying about water I'd be more comfortable. I still can't get a hold of Jeff, so I'm trying to figure something out.

I don't know anything about Amana or Cedar Rapids or Iowa City lol We don't get out much so I need a bit of help trying to figure out where to have this thing. I have been to davenport once, where I drove in circles for about 3 hours, got out to smoke and got chased by a rottweiler, so Davenport doesn't like me at all :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Just heard from Jeff! He has a meeting place reserved for May 12th

The meet will be held at the Amana RV Park in the Amana Colonies.

It will be held at 12pm noon May 12th(saturday)

It's a BOYB(Bring your own beer) And BYOM(Bring your own meat)

I will also be bringing in chips, cupcakes, soda.

I still need a list of those attending so I know how much soda, chips, cupcakes to bring.

Jeff is bringing the charcoal

Anyone interested in bringing paper plates, napkins, plastic utensils, and side dishes like corn on the cob, tater salad? Just let us know!!

Hope to see everyone there!!!

Oh and Kids are welcome to come as well, obviously lol

DIRECTIONS

3890 C St
Amana IA

In the Amana Colonies.

GPS Coordinates

N 41.81396
W -91.87819

WEBSITE

www.amanarvpark.com

If anything changes I will let you know.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Just a little bump to keep this at the top, so people who are looking to attend see's the update!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Here is a list of those attending and what they are bringing...

Jeff(High Voltage)-Charcoal
Tami(Voymom)-Chips, cupcakes, soda
Stormsurge and family-Deviled Eggs, Paper plates and plastic utensils

REMINDER

It is a Bring your own beer and Bring your own Meat so make sure to bring enough for you and your family.

BLACK BEAST

Dec 13, 2011
stormsurge said:
Wow. There is someone from here in the qc.

Lol ive been hanging with these guys since 2007...We used to have huge meets in the quad cities I would have over 30 trucks at south park every April . We used to be really active in trailvoy.com no we are all over here..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriswilson5585

Members Online

No members online now.