Me007gold's Envoy Interior Swap

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
The first big pieces of my interior swap came today fitment around the door handels isn't perfect but it will do, Rear door panels. Have the Dash, Center Console on the way, Still need to find front door panels

Started my Envoy interior conversion

DSC_0686.jpg

DSC_0683.jpg

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Looks good, but some before pictures would help show the contrast/improvement.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
The hardest part is going to be matching up panels, there are some many variations, and there is only so much you can tell from photos on ebay and junkyards and such.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Blckshdw said:
:popcorn: A thread definitely worth watching :yes:

Cosigned! Pretty cool idear, can't say I've seen it done before.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
In for pics

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
can some one who has an Envoy take a close up pictuure of the hande area? and if your feeling really generous, take a picture with that trim place off?

I am thinking I need these to help filll in the gaps, but I am not sure

[ebay]260758593913[/ebay]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Looks good man!! That is what I have in my truck and Looks the best IMO :yes:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
How much are you planning on spending on the project? Would it be any cheaper to buy a complete salvage vehicle and swap parts with it, instead of buying each part individually?

Blckshdw said:
:popcorn: A thread definitely worth watching :yes:

:iagree:

Me007gold said:
There is a guy on the SS owners site who has done it before, The picture does not seem to be working any more though.

It says that I must be a registered member to access the picture.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
DJones said:
How much are you planning on spending on the project? Would it be any cheaper to buy a complete salvage vehicle and swap parts with it, instead of buying each part individually?

:iagree:

So far I think I have around 600 in to the project. It would have be easier to buy a salvage vehicle, however It would have been much more expensive, and I dont have the space to store a junk vehicle. My HOA would be all over my ass about that one.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I can already see how much fun you're gonna have with that dash swap. Hope that goes as smoothly as possible.
wish.gif

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Me007gold said:
Finding a drivers side door panel is hard....

Have you checked car-part.com?

Those pictures are helping me to decide if I am going to do a dash swap.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I'm following but if I understand this you are swapping a TV interior to an Envoy interior? My question then is why? They are practically the same unless I suppose you go with a slightly nicer looking Denali trim. I must be missing the big picture.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I thought about swapping seats, but never even thought of the doors or dash....I must also ask...Why?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I thought about swapping seats, but never even thought of the doors or dash....I must also ask...Why?

The dash is what really threw me. Don't get me wrong, I like the the Envoy door panels the mosts (Denali's are the same as 9-7x panels with wood trim accents by the way) but, the dash must take days swap.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Why not? It's just one more way to personalize the trailblazer. I have the lift/tires done armor is on the way. There isn't much left to modify.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the tb interior better actually.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I like the transformation.

Any chance you would prefer the wood grain over the carbon fiber? I would gladly swap out parts with you. :thumbsup:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like the tb interior better actually.

Maybe if you're one of the ones with a BLACK interior. I hate my gray.

:puke: The Envoy is better, but I wouldn't call it the best answer. I would swap in a 9-7x interior.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
DJones said:

:iagree: I'd love to ditch the 2 tone gray I have in mine. :worried:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Any pics of a TB door panel next to an Envoy door panel? I thought they were mostly the same.

Anyway, I recall a thread on the OS where the guy was swapping panels and/or painting them on the doors, then selectively painting parts of the dash. It actually looked pretty nice in the pics. I wouldn't mind a nicer looking interior (I have the typical 02 drab gray) but I don't want it bad enough to spend hundreds of dollars and all that time changing stuff out :lipsrsealed: My interior overhaul I have planned for my future fun car will take all the time and money. Yes, I plan waaaay ahead sometimes, which can get me in trouble if I end up with too many projects half-started, then lack time or funds, and then nothing gets done :duh:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
DJones said:

:puke: The Envoy is better, but I wouldn't call it the best answer. I would swap in a 9-7x interior.

Yeah if someone really want to shake it up a 9-7x is way different dash-wise. The SAAB interior is far and away the nicest, most refined as compared to the rugged looks of the TB. Of course a person would have to relocate the ignition switch on a 9-7 interior. I used to think our 07 Rainier had the nicest, most refined interior of the batch and it looks almost ghetto by comparison to our 9-7. I wished the 9-7 had some wood on the wheel though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
The 9-7 is nice, but I like the rugged/truck look. I did not buy a frilly car and dont want the inside to look like one. I think wood looks cheap on any interior and carbon fiber is for ricers. Hence my Eclipse has carbon fiber center caps...

I do like two tone interior and not the monotone often found stock. I added black leather covers(which a couple people told me were nicer than their stock leather) and a black console lid, as well as some form fitted black floor mats and it creates a nice look with the stock black pieces on the doors and shifter.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
carbon fiber is for ricers. Hence my Eclipse has carbon fiber center caps...

I miss my previous car, so I guess this is a way for me to remember it

DSC_0032.jpg

any ways I got the console in today

DSC_0695.jpg

DSC_0692.jpg

DSC_0691.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:squint:Is your current dash completely smooth? Or is it textured and I just can't see the detail in the pics...

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I considered painting mine, or at least just the trim pieces that are easy to remove, but all of mine is textured. So much more of a pain in the ass than probably worth. :mad:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
The 9-7 is nice, but I like the rugged/truck look. I did not buy a frilly car and dont want the inside to look like one. I think wood looks cheap on any interior and carbon fiber is for ricers. Hence my Eclipse has carbon fiber center caps...

I do like two tone interior and not the monotone often found stock. I added black leather covers(which a couple people told me were nicer than their stock leather) and a black console lid, as well as some form fitted black floor mats and it creates a nice look with the stock black pieces on the doors and shifter.

Ha Ha, I'm all about the frills. The more frills the better. I'm undecided on the cheapness of the wood. The steeringwheels wood is real on our 360's but everything else is fake like many non-luxury level cars and trucks. I like the look of it but knowing it is fake, I don't know on that. I've got the two tone 9-7x interior with tan seats and leatherette door panel inlays and the rest is black. I'm just a sucker for a black interior and a little tan is ok too. I'm kind of a Mercedes/Lexus person who will never shell out for one of those no matter my finances so I'm good with the best of the 'b' squad interior. The 9-7 is the ultimate SUV to me because you get the best of both worlds being European inspired interior design with a GM everything else and they are cheap.

1w_6401.jpg

French stitching on everything and softer touch material than other 360's. I know it's cheap but nobody else does.
DQ_6401.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like my interior washable...

SDC16529-1.jpg

SDC16522.jpg

SDC16527.jpg

SDC16524.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member