Me007gold's Envoy Interior Swap

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like my interior washable...

I've never even been on a dirt road with the 9-7.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I still want to see a 9-7 with a lift on it :biggrin:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Sparky said:

Considering it is already lowered from the factory, I'd like to see that too.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Jkust said:
Considering it is already lowered from the factory, I'd like to see that too.

There was one on TV, but the pics are gone. I think Jeff had them so i will ask him if he still does.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
There was one on TV, but the pics are gone. I think Jeff had them so i will ask him if he still does.

Given it has no low range, to me it'd be a waste of good money or just for show.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:undecided: I remember the lifted Rainier, but I missed the lifted 9-7... Hope Jeff still has those pics.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Sparky said:

I tried buying a repairable salvage so I could do that. I have the transfer case, if I can rebuild the one I have now.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Front door panels are on the way, The only thing I need is the small piece of carpet between the dash and center console, Waiting to hear back from Americas Top Auto, Hope to have this done by next weekend.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Got the front door panels on this morning. Hope to get the dash in this weekend. Tape is helping holding the panel together so the jbweld can hold. One of the plastic welds broke

DSC_0703.jpg

DSC_0704.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
I approve! Looking Good, I want to see this dash go in!

And to the interior discussion there are 2 things that matter in a vehicle
What LS engine you have
and what your plan for a cam is. :rotfl:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
This is actually a cool mod, but I'm waiting for the dash too.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Jkust said:
This is actually a cool mod, but I'm waiting for the dash too.

you and me both. but the cold(ish) weather and the rain along with waiting for one last part are delaying the process.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
This is kind of an off topic/hijack lol but I have the envoy obviously, so can I just swap out the wood grain trim with the carbon fiber or would I have to buy all new door panels and a dash/middle console? I don't really like the wood grain.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:
This is kind of an off topic/hijack lol but I have the envoy obviously, so can I just swap out the wood grain trim with the carbon fiber or would I have to buy all new door panels and a dash/middle console? I don't really like the wood grain.

I think you can just change just that peace. Not 100% sure! yeah I am not a huge fan of the wood trim either...so glad I don't have it lol

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Voymom said:

The dash pieces can be changed out easily, but the center console and door panels, you would have to replace. the "wood grain" and "carbon fiber" pieces are plastic welded in to place.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Oh Snap!

Was not as hard as I expected. In fact it was around 5 on a scale of 10 If you can turn a wrench you can change out your dash. Still have to fine tune the glove box, but here it is. Took about 5 hours from start to finish. Everything bolted back up perfect, just needs a good cleaning now

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0715.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
DASH! Finally most unique tb on the road :thumbsup: very nice

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Prob one of my most favorite mods!!! Looks great man and makes the TB pretty unique vs others! I love how the inside of the envoy looks (and no its not just because I own one lol)

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
DASH! Finally most unique tb on the road :thumbsup: very nice
well not the most unique, someone did this swap with an SS a few years back
don't get it wrong tho, i'm not saying itsn't awesome and i'm not super jello :thumbsup:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
No pictures of anywhere in between before and after? How did the wiring match up with the 4x4 and rear wiper switches? Nice mod. :thumbsup:

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
DJones said:
No pictures of anywhere in between before and after? How did the wiring match up with the 4x4 and rear wiper switches? Nice mod. :thumbsup:

nah, didnt bother with pictures. It seems like its the same harness for the Trailblazer/Envoy, there was plenty of slack in the wire to get it to the new switch location

Shabba

Dec 1, 2011
I've followed this thread very closely, and it's what pushed me over the edge to doing my own dash swap (black with Woodgrain, not Gray with Carbon Fiber). I wish I could give you a million thanks for this thread, and for being my unintentional guinea pig, but one will have to do. Thank You. It looks amazing.

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Shabba said:
I've followed this thread very closely, and it's what pushed me over the edge to doing my own dash swap (black with Woodgrain, not Gray with Carbon Fiber). I wish I could give you a million thanks for this thread, and for being my unintentional guinea pig, but one will have to do. Thank You. It looks amazing.

If you have any questions or concerns, send me a message. Ill help out where I can. The best advice I can give you. Find a parts truck, it too me forever to piece this thing together, and It was a lot more expensive. Good luck to you!

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
These should help out a lot. If you need the full removal instructions, let me know I can post them from the service manual

TifToGif1.gif

TifToGif.gif

Shabba

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, I wasn't Clear. Sorry. I did it already. Yesterday. This thread is what gave me the courage to pull the trigger on it.

Dash%20(1).JPG

Dash%20(2).JPG

Dash%20(3).JPG

Jan 2, 2012
CaptainXL said:
To watch I just subscribe to the thread at the top?

Do I sense sarcasm? Cpt you've been on here too long for such a question to be asked. :crazy:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
xx_gearhead_xx said:
Do I sense sarcasm? Cpt you've been on here too long for such a question to be asked. :crazy:

Lol. Hey, look its a new site. Always looking for shortcuts on how to do things as well. And don't you know, Ebay has a button called "Watch this Item". That's what I was looking for. Something like that.

But it works, thanks for the reply. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online