NEED HELP Main low beams turn off by itself

rolo95

Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
USA
Guys,
My 02 TB is still holding on!
But recently the low beams turn off at random. I switch to High beams with the lever and all ok, i switch back and sometimes they come on and sometimes don't , maybe the relay?

I see the high beams relay on the cover of the fuse box but...no low beams relay?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

HDMRELAYPINOUTS1.jpg

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Right... The intensity of the Headlight Beams are controlled by PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) from the PCM. Ordinarily, because of the *hectic active duty cycle* imposed, using only an ACDelco OEM Version is preferred because nothing else will last under such a high performance demand being placed upon this electronic High Frequency Switching Mechanism. The information linked in the Thread below parallels and explains this otherwise expensive purchase:

Unless this version turns out to be a *Bogus Copy-Cat Version*... You'll get better and more reliable results by spending the $31.44 Up Front and getting the OEM Version and just be done with it. Read the *Buyer Comments* to get more verification that it really solves this problem:

ACDelco 15016745 GM Original Equipment Multi-Purpose Relay

61aeHTEqq+L._AC_SL1042_.jpg61D2EThhQQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

By The Way... It would NOT hurt to check out the performance of the inexpensive GM OEM Headlamp Ambient Light Level Sensor and swap in a Brand New One via this one offered by this Link at GMT Nation ...over to Amazon:

GM Genuine Parts 13498957 Automatic Headlamp Control Ambient Light Sensor

41d45cRY+IL._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Controls the daytime running lights.

rolo95

Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
USA
Haaa, mine is covered up with a dashboard cloth cover!! , No wonder I did not see change in the DRL's in auto or switch on.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online