lower steering shaft

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
I changed the steering rack on my 09 Trailblazer back in Sept. 2022,the lower shaft looked to be okay so I transferred it from the old rack to the new. As luck would have it,I now have to change it. Has anyone swapped the "LOWER" shaft out with the rack in place?...please advise.....

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Visit Post #2 at THIS Link ...Follow the Download Instructions and then peruse for the GM OEM 2008 Trailblazer Digital Service Manual (...it will have the right information). Then after extracting the ZIPPED Files and locating the STEERING PDF, refer to How to R&R the various Steering Column Components using the Step-By-Step Instructions along with an Exploded View (with Discreet Images) Diagrams for Part Numbers and Specialty Tools if required for Dis-Assembly and Re-Assembly Orientations:

Last edited:

retiredcopper

Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Visit Post #2 at THIS Link ...Follow the Download Instructions and then peruse for the GM OEM 2008 Trailblazer Digital Service Manual (...it will have the right information). Then after extracting the ZIPPED Files and locating the STEERING PDF, refer to How to R&R the various Steering Column Components using the Step-By-Step Instructions along with an Exploded View (with Discreet Images) Diagrams for Part Numbers and Specialty Tools if required for Dis-Assembly and Re-Assembly Orientations:

Mr....This was a wealth of info!.....can be done...not hard at all.....Thank you!....stay well/safe

Reactions: Mooseman and mrrsm

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Got a lot of retired coppers around here... Is this a retirement home or something?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Got a lot of retired coppers around here... Is this a retirement home or something?
I still have my baton if you'd like a personal demonstration :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online