Loud Rattling Noise

UMEXT

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Sounds like it's coming from the left front wheel well. It only happens while idling in Drive--nothing whatsoever in Park or while giving it gas. Any ideas?

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Does it make the sound only when moving or if you stand on brake in "D" will it still sound? If sound occurs while stopped in "D", see if you can get someone else to brake and you to locate where it may be from. If you get the noise while slowly driving forward, try to spin the wheel to identify any rubbing or looseness anywhere. My .02

UMEXT

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Playsinsnow said:
Does it make the sound only when moving or if you stand on brake in "D" will it still sound? If sound occurs while stopped in "D", see if you can get someone else to brake and you to locate where it may be from. If you get the noise while slowly driving forward, try to spin the wheel to identify any rubbing or looseness anywhere. My .02

No relationship to whether the vehicle is moving or not. Makes the noise when it's sitting still, doesn't when it's moving (which is when I'm giving it gas).

Magyver

Apr 9, 2012
Kind of like a "something rattling against the frame" kind of thing? Comes and goes, mostly at idle rpms, while stopped, and idling around in Drive? I have that too and it doesn't seem to hurt anything but it sure is annoying. Search 10Hz vibration, I think that's it.

UMEXT

Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
Magyver said:
Kind of like a "something rattling against the frame" kind of thing? Comes and goes, mostly at idle rpms, while stopped, and idling around in Drive? I have that too and it doesn't seem to hurt anything but it sure is annoying. Search 10Hz vibration, I think that's it.

That's not it. The 10Hz noise goes away after the engine warms up. This happens at any engine temperature.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online