Looking for a programmer that can disable SAIS codes for system removal

hsapir

Original poster
May 24, 2024
ohio
2008 Saab 9-7x 4.2. I can't pass emissions testing because of code P2432 "Secondary air injection (AIR) system, air flow/pressure sensor, bank 1 - circuit low."

I have replaced the valve on the engine, the pump and relay under the car, and the relay in the front fuse box. The fuse is good. The problem, I imagine is in wiring or the PCM, but I have had just about enough.

I have read that the PCM can be told to not report the code, and I can install a block off plate where the valve mounts to the head. This seems like the most reasonable solution to me.

I know that I can mail the PCM to one or two places for this coding, but I am curious if the HP Tuner, Diablo Sport Tune, or some other device can do it as well? If so, I would much rather do it myself and have the equipment for other uses as well.

Does anyone know which programmers might be able to do this task?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Calling @limequat , You have a call waiting on the red courtesy phone. Call waiting on the red courtesy phone.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
@limequat is a forum member here who does ECM reprogramming and can likely do what you are needing. The post above was a forum thing calling him to this thread.

He specializes in the Atlas 4.2 Tuning

Reactions: hsapir

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I doubt the Diablo can do something that specialized since it's mainly used to do canned performance tuning. Not even sure the 4.2 is even supported. HPTuners can definitely do it. Just a matter of going into the list of OBD codes and turning off all the SAIS related codes. And the 2008 is fully supported compared to previous years. If you know somebody with HPTuners, he should know how to do this. There are also a few other things that can be done like locking up the torque converter and removing torque management.

If you can't find somebody locally, Jeremy is your guy and he still charges just $99.

Reactions: hsapir

hsapir

Original poster
May 24, 2024
ohio
@limequat is a forum member here who does ECM reprogramming and can likely do what you are needing. The post above was a forum thing calling him to this thread.

He specializes in the Atlas 4.2 Tuning
I see, thank you.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaywebb25

Members Online