Lime Swap Tune

Jrgunn5150

Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
Ionia Michigan
I had one done on Saturday. Previously I had attempted to mess around with a buddy's EFI Live, but it really wasn't very effective. My tuck is a 06 with the 5.3, 3.42 gear's, and 255/75r17 tires.

I went down to Novi, talked with Jeremy a while, who's a nice guy, and really knowledgeable about tuning. It seems he usually tunes for a more street oriented crowd, but we were able to come up with a strategy I'm happy with.

Before I went in, my speedometer was off by 10%, he got that corrected, I had an EVAP solenoid code, that made the pump shut off non-stop while fueling, he killed that, pumps gas fine now, traction control is killed, Displacement on Demand is killed, I'm not blowing big clouds of smoke coming out of cruise now.

All in all, for 100 bucks, I'm really happy. I didn't gain 567 RWHP, or probably any, but it drives much nicer now. Holds lockup where before it wanted to kick down two gear's to keep 60 mph on a two lane highway up a slight incline. It has improved my MPG by about 1.5. My speedo is accurate. The thing is really a pleasure to drive now, whereas before it was quirky to say the least.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Getting a tune is such an improvement for this platform. GM left a ton on the table in their tuning.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Lime Swap tune here, too! I'm very happy with it.

Jrgunn5150

Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
Ionia Michigan
It just made such a difference in driveability just having the transmission shift properly that I don't even care if I gained any peak HP lol. Like I told Jeremy, the thing lives it's life below 3,500 anyway. But that throttle response is great now!

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
Huh... I'm gonna have to look into this Lime-Tune thing. Never heard of it but getting a better throttle response and trans shift would make me happy.

I'm assuming this will work for the 4.2l also?

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A lot cheaper on the V8, which for some reason PCMofNC likes to jack the price on quite a bit. Jeremy charges the same as the I6.

Jrgunn5150

Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
Ionia Michigan
Huh... I'm gonna have to look into this Lime-Tune thing. Never heard of it but getting a better throttle response and trans shift would make me happy.

I'm assuming this will work for the 4.2l also?

Yes, I know he did a local guy's 4.2.

I know you can send him your PCM for tuning just like PCM of NC, but I actually went down and met with him, since I use my truck as an exploration/offroad truck, it was nice to be able to communicate that and my specific need's rather than just getting a canned one size fits all tune.

hockeyman

Aug 26, 2012
Awesome, but now I'll need to figure out how to tune it when I send my PCM their way.

Thank you :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Definitely helps to discuss things with the tuner. I was more specific on my reflash for gearing change on my pcmofnc tune and it came out even better than the initial.

The tuning changes the drivability and feel so much I do not think i could own one without it.

Jrgunn5150

Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
Ionia Michigan
I feel like an idiot for putting it off so long, it was a two hour drive, a thirty minute chat, and 100 bucks to have a truck that runs like it should.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I think I'll make the 3 hour trip in spring or summer.

Reactions: Jrgunn5150

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
I had an appointment at the VA hospital in Ann Arbor and drove on over to his place afterwards. Great guy, listens to what you want. And yes, the tune makes the truck much more driveable (drivable?)!

Reactions: Jrgunn5150

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zee0719

Members Online