Lift Kits?

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I want to get a lift but I don't know a whole lot about it. I can bring a kit to my mechanic and he'll hook it up.

I am wondering if anyone has experience lifting a 05/06/07 Blazer / Envoy (Most Compatible with my 9-7x). If so what kit did you use? Was it body or suspension.

I prefer a suspension lift so I can that add larger tires in the mix for even extra ground clearance. 2-2.5" is all I want. 3 tops.

Thoughts ?

Pretty Much wanna do what this guy did here - http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249648

8597473307_25c1037c83_c.jpg

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Tons of info on lifts around.

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
thanks for the input guys

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sorry I wasn't as helpful on my initial reply as I usually try to be, but I don't have all my favorite bookmarks on my phone. Now on my home PC, I can highly recommend this FAQ from our sister site where we discuss offroading the platform: (follow the thread links in the FAQ)

http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3060

Reactions: Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Mine was lifted by the previous owner, looks to be 3" LiftMeister spacers, front and rear. Seems to be OK, just a bit high for my wife to get into the truck :biggrin: .

My only concern is parts longevity. Have heard of failure of the disconnect due to the high angle, possible wear on the front shafts and the rear u-joints. This truck has new u-joints at 150k km whereas my 02 TB EXT with almost double the km still has the originals.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not heard of u joint wear being an issue

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The driveshaft angle seems a bit steep to me. Any higher angle than stock has to wear the U-joints faster than normal. I wasn't the one to change them so I don't know the circumstances.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
With 4 inches or so rear lift and a shortened driveshaft I dont think the angle steep. I guess i am used to big lifted trucks and our minimal lifting doesnt really seem like much. Plus in all the years I have not seen anymore Ujoint failures on lifted than unlofted trucks so I would be quite hesitant to say there was any longevity issue.

I with the front cvs, but not not sure lifting is the issue with the disco. I thinkit is just in the design since you see non-lifted ones pop up here all the time with the same issues. i think the lifted ones just use 4x4 more so the issue appears earlier.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
True. You do have more experience in this field.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online