Kind of a refugee

xOgrex

Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Well, I was looking for info on how to remove the dash on my 03 TrailBlazer about 4 years ago and came across the other site (which ironically led me to this site, so that should make some of you happy). I registered over there but have never posted, just lurked.

I drive a company vehicle and have neglected my truck a bit over the past 7 years, but recently had to have about 4 grand worth of maintenance repairs done to it. I thought about getting rid of it but couldn't find ANYTHING that I liked better in terms of looks or value. So I've kind of fallen in love with my truck all over again. Recently did an audio system upgrade (the first of alot of things I'd now like to do) and I'll do my best to post a thread about it sometime this week. Been lurking here for about 2 months and decided to finally run my mouth. Worked in the back end of dealerships from my late teens to my early thirties. I spent 2 years working for Cadillac, 1 year working for Hummer (AM General Hummer, not GM Hummer), and 10 years at Saturn, so I'm a GM guy through and through. Anyway, looking forward to helping where I can and learning lots.

Ogre

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! The right place to be!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hello from another guy who helped the old site grow, but who couldn't stand what the owners were doing to the place. :wink:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! :thumbsup:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Welcome over to the Nation! Much better here! :wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome!

xOgrex

Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Holy crap. Wasn't expecting this much activity on a welcome post.:crazy:

I took a look in the FAQ but was unable to find an answer to a question. I have a personal domain name that I plan to document any projects I take on. Are there any restrictions on including links to my site? I'll probably just copy and paste the info into a thread here anyway, but I don't want to violate any rules.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
xOgrex said:
I spent 2 years working for Cadillac...

Welcome aboard!:cool:

Can you help me settle a friendly debate? Is it common for a technician to remove a northstar engine for head gasket replacement?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
xOgrex said:
Holy crap. Wasn't expecting this much activity on a welcome post.:crazy:
THIS is where everybody went off to. It's the OS (Other Site - Trailvoy) that's now a ghost town and nobody cares (mostly) to welcome the noobs. They just want to sell your eyeballs to the advertisers.
I took a look in the FAQ but was unable to find an answer to a question. I have a personal domain name that I plan to document any projects I take on. Are there any restrictions on including links to my site? I'll probably just copy and paste the info into a thread here anyway, but I don't want to violate any rules.
I use a personal domain for my picture hosting - I guarantee it's no problem. But we wish you'd consider writing it up as an article, include the pictures as attachments, then GMTN takes the hit for bandwidth in case the hosting starts costing you something, or you sell the truck someday and lose interest. That's why photobucket picture hosting is potentially a problem as well.

xOgrex

Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Can you help me settle a friendly debate? Is it common for a technician to remove a northstar engine for head gasket replacement?

I left Caddie before the Northstar meltdown started, but a buddy is the used car manager of the store now and from bits I've heard from him and the few other people I still know working there, it sounds like they typically pull the motor for the job as it's just easier. I don't have any details as to why, though.

the roadie said:
But we wish you'd consider writing it up as an article, include the pictures as attachments, then GMTN takes the hit for bandwidth in case the hosting starts costing you something, or you sell the truck someday and lose interest. That's why photobucket picture hosting is potentially a problem as well.

Thanks roadie. Cutting and pasting will work for the most part, only thing I might have to adjust is formatting.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome on over!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome but you don't have to live like a refuge.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the party

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunra731

Members Online