Keep blowing ignition j case fuses A and B

Envoy215

Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
Philadelphia PA
Keep blowing ignition j case fuses A and B.
B blew once and A 3 times when this happens the service 4wheel drive light comes on along with check engine and Red breaklight. The yellow ABS like light is always on because my front wheel sensor is disconnected.
It threw a bunch of transmission codes although the truck runs fine in-between this happening. I kept getting a low voltage fuel tank pressure sensor code. All of the codes seem to be low voltage issues but they don't trip until the j case fuses pop.. The fuel tank pressure sensor is the only one that comes before hand.. I am going to clean the ABS ground location under driver's door but don't think that is the cause.. A bad ground doesn't pop fuses does it?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Not sure what you mean by J case fuses A and B. Schematic shows fuse #33 60A for the ABS motor. Download the schematics (link to manuals in my signature) and check that power wire for any shorts or just unplug it at the motor. If that checks out and the fuse doesn't blow with it unplugged, I would suspect the ABS motor as being bad.

Use the index inside the fuse box cover for fuse numbers and designations. No idea what the other fuse could be.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Luster

Members Online