Is this really in an Envoy?

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
I saw this in an Envoy ad and have never seen a drive train selection switch like this in an Envoy. i have a knob with four selections. This seems to not even allow a 2 Hi selection? Is this from another truck or is this an early model? I thought all Envoys were either 2 wheel drive or had a selection knob like mine? Thanks.

Attachments

• 4x4l_600x450.jpg
    4x4l_600x450.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 51

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There was a 1998-2000 GMC Envoy, the top trim level of the GMC Jimmy. It has that switch. I was guessing - now informed it's from a Ford. Ick.

It was the GMT330 platform. We are the GMT360 (SWB).

800px-GMC_Jimmy_Envoy1.jpg

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
OK Thanks. this was an 2004 Envoy ad, so he must have just accidentally included a photo from an older truck?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Chris JW said:
Learn something new everyday
You can hose out the wayback after you carry palm trees back from the nursery. I almost bought one until I realized with horror that I would be asked to haul all my friend's palm trees and deer carcasses around like I was their best pickup truck owning buddy..

Hatch51.jpg

Reactions: JamesL3

silverunicorn

Dec 4, 2011
I think the idea was great. You don't see many. It is like (vaguely) a mini Avalanche (which is another truck I just love :loveintheair:

Chris

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
we tried to buy a blue xuv here recently but never heard from the guy. and that guy in the add sure did ramble alot

TimRXUV777

Original poster
May 6, 2014
The_Roadie said:
I almost bought one until I realized with horror that I would be asked to haul all my friend's palm trees and deer carcasses around like I was their best pickup truck owning buddy..
attachicon.gif
Hatch51.jpg
I really like mine, super handy.. :smile: Roadie what is wrong with being a best pickup truck owning buddy? :hissyfit: I think it is a better design than the Avalanche. :raspberry: Mine has pretty much every option, GMC offered, now I just need to get rid of a few electrical glitches and get my NAV unit working correctly. :crazy: :thumbsup:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
TimRXUV777 said:
Roadie what is wrong with being a best pickup truck owning buddy?
I mean I have a lot of parasitical friends who would want *me* to haul their crap around, help them move dirt and bodies, and then also want me to help them carry the crap from the vehicle into their 4th floor storage attics.

I paid my dues when I was 20. And 30. And and a bit less at 40. And a LOT less at 50. And when I bought the Roadiemobile I was 53 years old and I said enough is enough. Parasites can get their own damn crap-haulers. I'm divesting myself of crap in preparation to retire. You have no idea. :wink:

Reactions: silverunicorn

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Come on Bill, think like Vertical Scope for a minute. You could have charged them an insane service fee, and use that as mod money to buy replacement parts and goodies for trail rides. :satan:

Snailblazin'

Dec 9, 2011
The_Roadie said:
I mean I have a lot of parasitical friends who would want *me* to haul their crap around, help them move dirt and bodies, and then also want me to help them carry the crap from the vehicle into their 4th floor storage attics.

I paid my dues when I was 20. And 30. And and a bit less at 40. And a LOT less at 50. And when I bought the Roadiemobile I was 53 years old and I said enough is enough. Parasites can get their own damn crap-haulers. I'm divesting myself of crap in preparation to retire. You have no idea. :wink:
Hmmm, and you live near a desert...#concerned

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I think we now know the answer to what happened to Jimmy Hoffa.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Agreed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randybill

Members Online