Is this a transmission issue

nodogs027

Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Sherwood oregon
This car is nuts!!! So I take it to the Transmission shop to have it checked out. They tell me they think its a drivability problem... I they didn't even check the tranny. I left it there to have them do a detailed diagnostic test on it. After 4 hours, the guy calls me back and wants $100-200 to do the test he said 3 times was free. I went and got the truck back. I'm at a complete loss what to even do next. If I do a video of it, do I video the gauges or what?

nodogs027

Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Sherwood oregon
after reading some other forums, maybe I should get a new harness for the CPAS that was saturated with oil? I sprayed it with dielectric but maybe that didn't get it clean enough. It also had a wire that was almost cut in half and the other wire was a crimp connector which I soldered both when I replaced the CPAS (variable valve solenoid). Do you think it will still have the same symptoms. Is it hard to replace the whole harness?

nodogs027

Original poster
Mar 17, 2014
Sherwood oregon
I am still having the same problem... To better describe what the car does, would be if its a manual shift, it is in 3rd gear but should be in second because not quite enough rpms for 3rd. It doesn't shift down by its self.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Maybe the diagnostic bullet should be bitten and pay for a diagnostic, if you still are having no luck with this. The PCM knows many things about the transmission that it doesn't always tell.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samsen

Members Online