I'm 100% Lifted!!

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Started about 1pm finished about 8:15 - 8:45pm. Ran into quite a few road bumbs installing the first spacer but after that, the other went in no problem, seeing that we learned from our first mistakes!!

P6034205.jpg

P6034207.jpg

P6034208.jpg

P6034210.jpg

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow! Now its time for Tires :viking: Saved me $420.00!!!! I had a buddy give me a hand again! Felt really good to do this myself, learned quite a bit by doing this, and the tips and tricks my buddy passed to me I will deffinitly use!!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Congrats! Any chance you can write down a few of the tips and tricks, and what sort of challenges you overcame? Mark might be able to improve his install instructions if he knew what sorts of issues people were struggling with. Assuming they were ones others might have and not like a broken tool or something.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:iagree:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Congrats! Any chance you can write down a few of the tips and tricks, and what sort of challenges you overcame? Mark might be able to improve his install instructions if he knew what sorts of issues people were struggling with. Assuming they were ones others might have and not like a broken tool or something.

Thanks Roadie

He deffinitly needs to impreove his directions. My Suggestion to him is to make the directions closer to BDS Directions. Like droping the Sway Bar instead of messing with the end links. We never had to use a pitman puller, we cheated and followed this youtube [video=youtube;DIWZYGu-3a8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWZYGu-3a8[/video] But safer :biggrin:

A tip for the STUPID Allan Key Strut bolts espessially if they are rusted bad like mine were. Take some Locking Pliers and clamp onto the Strut Rod, get em as tight as you can. Next take a propane torch and heat the center strut nut. I mean HEAT that sucker up. Next have one person with a pair of Robo Grip Pliers clamp onto the shaft. You should be able to let the Locking Pliers rest on the Spring Compressor as we did. The locking pliers and robo grib pliers held that shaft so well that it didn't turn that much allowing us to take the bolt off with out using an allan key!!!

When we got the spacer installed on the new Strut we left the spring compressed and installed everything slowly undoing the Spring Comressor. If you use this method MAKE SURE that the compressor is aligned up with the outside spacer bolts.
Spacer.jpg
Black is Spring compressor. Has to be like that or it will not fit.

We fliped the UCAs as well. Never had to cut the sheel metal just took some Pliers Big Azz Pliers and bent the sheel metal enough to get the bolt out and back in. Never had to do this to the other side. We just had to pull the sheet metal back a bit.

If I think of other things I'll let ya'lls know! On another note Never used a Impact Gun!!!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice job man!! :thumbsup:

Umm I am no genius but I think buying some stands might be a smarter idea then a piece of wood and a tire lol just sayin :crazy:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Nice job man!! :thumbsup:

Umm I am no genius but I think buying some stands might be a smarter idea then a piece of wood and a tire lol just sayin :crazy:

The block of wood was to hold the stearing knuckle to keep if from streaching out the CV Shaft and such. We did have stands! Didn't you seem em??!?!

And thanks!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Congrats on completion

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Me007gold said:
Nice Work :thumbsup: Seeing your truck makes me glad I life in an area where I dont have to worry about rust.

Me too, my 02 has no where near that much rust at 131,xxx mi. Its spent 2 winters in Spokane, WA and 1 in Bozeman, MT, has probably 3 more in Bozeman too. Its first years were spent in Seattle and garaged so that cut down the amount of rust significantly.

To the OP, thats a familiar sight. I had the front suspension ripped apart on Sat flipping my UCAs back to stock. Couldnt get it to align with them flipped, looks better now but after I get it re-aligned Ill know more. Hopefully I dont have to flip them back AGAIN! :redface:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Me007gold said:
Nice Work :thumbsup: Seeing your truck makes me glad I life in an area where I dont have to worry about rust.

Thanks. Lucky, I wanna move out of the rust belt, but I love Michigan soo much......

HARDTRAILZ said:
Congrats on completion

Thanks!!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Looking good!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online