I6 spun a bearing...what part's will fit 9-7X 5.3i

02SOWMS6

Original poster
Oct 13, 2017
New York
My 03 I6 trailblazer spun a rod bearing...it has a good diff and T-case and transmission and rear...I found a high milage 9-7X 5.3i for real cheap. ..debating fixing my I6 still but also wondering what part's can be used over as far as diff and transfer case... any information on this would be great

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey there and welcome.

The rear diffs are different in that the 9-7x has a limited slip whereas the TB either has an open diff or g80 locker. TB, if not an EXT, will have the smaller ring gear (8.0 vs. 8.6). Gearing is likely different. Front diffs are interchangeable if the same gearing.

Transfer cases are totally different. TB is a selectable 4x4 while the 9-7x is an automatic AWD.

02SOWMS6

Original poster
Oct 13, 2017
New York
Thanks for the response. ..I have 3.73 gears so I'll yank the front diff and my transmission is good and it should only be a bell housing change to swap them over so I think I might pull those part's and junk the rest unless I find a cheap donor to save it....this salt they use in the north east has rotted my rear control arm's to the point of breaking and had to replace them and the control arm mounts rotted also so I had to buy some aftermarket mounts and weld them in and then at 159k it spins a bearing.... maybe it's time to walk away from this one

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mynamesjeff

Members Online