I Got Pulled Over This Morning...

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
I went to the local Tim's for coffees this morning at 5:45 as I always do, only 1 mile from the house. I usually dont speed and wear my seatbelt. It was dark out and a 50km speed limit, one lane each way with a center turn lane. There is zero traffic and a tractor trailer pulls out of a hotel driveway in front of me. Instead of hitting the brakes and be stuck behind him I decide to take the center turn lane and punch the throttle and get past him. No traffic around but as I get to the School I see a police car parked in the driveway. As I went past his headlights came on and then the roof lights:popo:. It took me a few extra seconds to pull over because I had a coffee in my hand and the cup holders were full and I had to put my seatbelt on. I put down the window and turned on the 2 overhead lights so nothing is said about the dark tint. He tells me I was doing 71km in a 50km zone on his radar. He asked for my license and where I was going? I said "I haven't been pulled over in a long time and I was just getting my wife a coffee". He said how long is a long time? I said "since 2000". Then he gives me back my license and says,"I wouldn't want your wife to have an $85 coffee.....have a good day"! Wow, did I get lucky, 21km over and in a school zone too, I didn't even have to explain passing the truck. Fine is $3.75 for every km over the limit. So with the surcharge it would have been about $85 and 3 points. Think I'll buy some lottery tickets today...

1-19 km/h The amount of km over times $2.50 = fine
20-29 km/h The amount of km over times $3.75 = fine
30-49 km/h The amount of km over times $6.00 = fine
50 km/h+ (speeding) The amount over times $9.75 times $1.25 = fine
50+km/hr (Stunt Driving / Racing) fine amount can range from $2,000 - $10,000
Plus the fine will have a surcharge added to it.

0 – 15 km/hr over = 0 points (minor infraction)
16 – 29km/hr over = 3 points (minor infraction)
30 – 49 km/hr over = 4 points (major infraction)
50+ km/hr over = 6 points + 30 day license
50+km/hr over (Stunt Driving/Speed Racing) = 6 points + immediate 7 day licence suspension and car impoundment + up to 2 year additional licence suspension upon conviction.

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
Damn you got lucky. Nice cop.

I need some of your luck haha

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
was the cop in a position to see the truck pull out in front of you?
maybe he figured he would have done the same thing, so he gave you a break.

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
Nice!

I have a couple friends (and two cousins) who are cops and they all say the same thing, they hate hearing the bullshit stories when they pull someone over. Blah Blah Blah. They've heard it all, but appreciate when they get the truth. So I got hauled over about a year ago doing 20 or so over the limit and when the cop came up to the window he didn't ask for papers he just said "Do you know why I pulled you over?" I said "Probably cause I was going a bit to fast, I'm pissing in my pants and my house is just around the corner, not sure I'm gonna make it" He tapped the side of the door and said get out of here :wootwoot:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I haven't used it yet, but if I get pulled over and they ask why I'm speeding I have the answer ready. I gotta poo, quick it's coming out!! :rotfl:

06tbss

Aug 13, 2012
True story, the son of a good friend of mine got pulled over coming home from school. Upfront, he told the trooper that he was hurrying home to drop a deuce. Thinking my friend's son was a smart a$$, the ordered him out of his car and into the patrol car where he began to write the speeding ticket. One thing after another and my friend's son drops the deuce in his pants. Trooper rolls down all four windows, completes writing the ticket and tells the kid to have a nice day. The kid swears it leaked through his pants and stained the seat of the patrol car. Ended up with having to get a lawyer who got the ticket fixed.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Denali n DOO said:
I went to the local Tim's for coffees this morning at 5:45 as I always do,

Tim Hortons....is there nothing that it can't do?

BTW I was standing in a fairly long line inside the local Timmy Ho's and some guy walks in,looks at the line and blurts out "WTF... dosen't anybody make coffee at home anymore?" LMAO..Mike.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
northcreek said:
Tim Hortons....is there nothing that it can't do?
Ummmmmmmm, open a store anywhere west of the Mississippi? :rotfl:

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Ummmmmmmm, open a store anywhere west of the Mississippi? :rotfl:

They don't need to be west of the Mississippi. Ron Joyce has sold enough large double doubles to buy himself the 41 metre Destination Fox Harb'r luxury sailing yacht DESTINATION FOX HARB'R a Sailing Yacht by Alloy Yachts - Charter World Luxury Yachts and Superyachts. I was lucky enough to be invited on board a few years ago and I am still impressed.

He has since added the 161' motor yacht Destination Fox Harb'r Too to the fleet. Destination Fox Harb'r Too Motor Yacht | St Maarten | Luxury Yacht Charter.

By the way, Ron Joyce was the Hamilton, Ontario police officer who partnered with Tim Horton to grow the coffee/donut franchise (who better to know about donuts then a police officer :rotfl:) then assumed control from Tim Horton's widow after his death. Timmie's magic might not impress the Seattle folks, but does very well north of the 49th parallel!

By the way, there are a number of Tim Hortons on Vancouver Island which, if my geography is correct, is not only west of the Mississippi but also west of Washington and San Fransisco.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
muddy tires said:
By the way, there are a number of Tim Hortons on Vancouver Island which, if my geography is correct, is not only west of the Mississippi but also west of Washington and San Fransisco.
Didn't know that. Thanks.

But still, given our history with Vertical Scope in Toronto, sending our $$ north of the 49th still bothers me. :raspberry:

muddy tires

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
Didn't know that. Thanks.

But still, given our history with Vertical Scope in Toronto, sending our $$ north of the 49th still bothers me. :raspberry:

Tim Hortons = :loveintheair:

Vertical Scope = :satan:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
muddy tires said:
They don't need to be west of the Mississippi. Ron Joyce has sold enough large double doubles to buy himself the 41 metre Destination Fox Harb'r luxury sailing yacht DESTINATION FOX HARB'R a Sailing Yacht by Alloy Yachts - Charter World Luxury Yachts and Superyachts. I was lucky enough to be invited on board a few years ago and I am still impressed.

He has since added the 161' motor yacht Destination Fox Harb'r Too to the fleet. Destination Fox Harb'r Too Motor Yacht | St Maarten | Luxury Yacht Charter.

By the way, Ron Joyce was the Hamilton, Ontario police officer who partnered with Tim Horton to grow the coffee/donut franchise (who better to know about donuts then a police officer :rotfl:) then assumed control from Tim Horton's widow after his death. Timmie's magic might not impress the Seattle folks, but does very well north of the 49th parallel!

GEE THANKS! I used to go through the drive thru at Timmy's and admire my shiney Denali in the window reflection thinking "boy Timmy ain't got nuthin' on me"....now I dunno:frown:....Mike.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
fadyasha said:
haha got lucky there

Yep very lucky! I think it's like a reverse Karma thing, on occasion when I see a Police Officer in my community and have a chance to chat with them I thank them for doing the job they do. Police officers take alot of risks on a daily basis and I appreciate what they do for my community. If I was pulled over later that morning when school was in, I'm sure I would have gotten a ticket, and rightfully so.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Wow thats great man!! That's interesting to see them charge for each km over, they don't do that in the MI at least. Most of the time they drop the points and you just pay for the ticket if you do not have too many tickets on your name.

I was cut a break once also first time I got pulled over too and shit my pants that's for sure loll got pulled over right at my school as I was entering cops hide there all the time, dont go a mile over in that area anymore. Having a clean record helps and saved my ass :yes:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I speed like an sob but haven't gotten a ticket or been pulled over since 1993 which was a for 53 in a 50 as I approached the 55 mph sign. I went to court and actually lost the case. The key for me is I don't speed on side roads where even 5 mph gets their ire.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jkust said:
I speed like an sob but haven't gotten a ticket or been pulled over since 1993 which was a for 53 in a 50 as I approached the 55 mph sign. I went to court and actually lost the case. The key for me is I don't speed on side roads where even 5 mph gets their ire.

better go find some wood and knock on it lol

wow 3 over and pulled over? That's so stupid I seriously think they should allow a good 5mph grace period or something. Its soo easy to go up a little by accident because of a down road or something like that

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Jkust said:

Man...a ticket for 3mph over...that's a cheap pinch if you ask me,somebody must have missed their nap that day:hissyfit:...Mike.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
northcreek said:
Man...a ticket for 3mph over...that's a cheap pinch if you ask me,sombody must have missed their nap that day:hissyfit:...Mike.

More like someone needed to meet there how many tickets I need to give out for the month, end of the month are the worst

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
That's so stupid I seriously think they should allow a good 5mph grace period or something. Its soo easy to go up a little by accident because of a down road or something like that

Then why bother putting a limit. You have a grace period of 5 under the limit up to the limit. There should be no grace over. It is a limit for a reason. It is not a speed you must go.

If they wanted you to do 5 more mph then they would raise the speed limit. Indiana went from 65 to 70 on interstates not that long ago actually. So does that mean I should be able to go 75 when they were nice enough to raise it to 70? No it means if I still go about 65 and drift up to 70, I am ok because i am below the limit.

I guess since I should not stab you by law, they should give me some grace and I can poke the knife in just 5 inches more than the zero limit they set....

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
better go find some wood and knock on it lol

wow 3 over and pulled over? That's so stupid I seriously think they should allow a good 5mph grace period or something. Its soo easy to go up a little by accident because of a down road or something like that

I took it to court, brought my passenger as a sort of witness and basically the questioning established I was going 3 over and that was the end of it. I was on the way to a bar out in the country and figured out they sit there and ding you on the way in and get you on the way out for dui. I was pissed. The problem is that my wife hasn't had the same luck and it's easy to lose track of your speed in her Rainier.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I usually don't go over 5 mph the speed limit. But when I was younger I had to take defensive driving. Not a fun thing and u definately pay for it outta your checkbk for insurance.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Jkust said:
I took it to court, brought my passenger as a sort of witness and basically the questioning established I was going 3 over and that was the end of it. I was on the way to a bar out in the country and figured out they sit there and ding you on the way in and get you on the way out for dui. I was pissed. The problem is that my wife hasn't had the same luck and it's easy to lose track of your speed in her Rainier.

Yeah cops do that here also, kind of scares me because I turn 21 in a few weeks and might have to look for a DD or something because not worth it getting hit for a DUI. Got too much going for me to have that on my shoulders you know.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah cops do that here also, kind of scares me because I turn 21 in a few weeks and might have to look for a DD or something because not worth it getting hit for a DUI. Got too much going for me to have that on my shoulders you know.

DD is the way to go. I know from experience. Not worth it.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
A friends wife is a total speed demon and always brags how she can always flirt her way out of anything. Not yesterday: ticketed for 28 over the 55mph limit, with all state and county fees total bill is $478. :eek:

I wont lie, sometimes my cruise control settles 2-3 over and I don't bother to drop it, but that's about the extent for me.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:

Mostly, I make it a general rule to have only one or two when I'm out locally as it is usually for business anyway. If not I just leave my car overnight and take a cab home. 60 dollars to go from downtown Minneapolis about 22 miles to home. Back when I was 18, I had one of the most unbelievable experiences with a cop ever that ended in a careless driving ticket, a threat to kill me and the cop blaming me for the then recent murder of a cop to scare me. It was worse than a Twilight Zone episode and all I did was take a left with no tail light but with a blinker since I had inadvertently caused electrical problems when I was installing a sound system. He created a whole story in front of my eyes when the 3 other squads showed up. The cop was just looking to cause trouble that night. I realized then that they can pretty much say and do whatever they want. When he realized he had pulled over the cleanest kid anywhere, he 'let me go' with the careless driving ticket. I took it to court and replayed the whole unbelievable story when I had him on the stand and questioned him and of course he denied all of it.

- - - Updated - - -

ItsOnVoy said:

Mostly, I make it a general rule to have only one or two when I'm out locally as it is usually for business anyway. If not I just leave my car overnight and take a cab home. 60 dollars to go from downtown Minneapolis about 22 miles to home. Back when I was 18, I had one of the most unbelievable experiences with a cop ever that ended in a careless driving ticket, a threat to kill me and the cop blaming me for the then recent murder of a cop to scare me. It was worse than a Twilight Zone episode and all I did was take a left with no tail light but with a blinker since I had inadvertently caused electrical problems when I was installing a sound system. He created a whole story in front of my eyes when the 3 other squads showed up. The cop was just looking to cause trouble that night. I realized then that they can pretty much say and do whatever they want. When he realized he had pulled over the cleanest kid anywhere, he 'let me go' with the careless driving ticket. I took it to court and replayed the whole unbelievable story when I had him on the stand and questioned him and of course he denied all of it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
DD is the way to go. I know from experience. Not worth it.

Fun part is finding one

Jkust said:

- - - Updated - - -

Wow thats crazy!! I got harassed onces for picking up a friend from the bar. Some cops look for trouble and love to get people in trouble.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shinystar696

Members Online