I got a Quote

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well I got a Call from the Shop and they want $300 to install the Lift which will include a Front End Alignment. So I'm figuring $75 and Hour(3hrs) and $75 for front end alignment. Now I would do this but I don't want to monkey around with the Spring Compressor, and my dad/mom would rather have a professional do it. Unless some one wants to Travel and do it for me :raspberry:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
$300 is what I payed. It seems fair if you are not comfortable using a spring compressor,or don't have the space to install it your self

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I think 3hrs would be a fast time if you've never done it before and don't have any issues.
Any minor little thing from a rusty bolt, having to borrow a tool, having to buy a tool, or something can make it take much longer.
That isn't a bad price at all to include the alignment.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Yea I thinks a fair price. I would to have liked seen a number between 250-275, But he has to make money. Looking back I'm soo glad I didn't get a S-10, I'm not gunna shell out 2,000 for a 5" BDS Lift then who knows how much for them to install. Plus all the Sonoma/S10 up here are either beat to death, High Miles, or rust buckets. My TB is super clean cause my Parents allways washed it and stored it in the garage.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
You make the trip to warsaw, IN and we can install it for you.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:

Do I smell another mini meet at matts??

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Anything to help a fellow member out. In this guys case the 8 hour trip probably wouldn't make it worth while, but for anyone in driving distance it is a lot easier and much cheaper them paying a shop that may or may not actually know what they are doing.

I would put money on the fact that there are only a couple of people that have lifted/lowered as many of these trucks as I have.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
Well I got a Call from the Shop and they want $300 to install the Lift which will include a Front End Alignment. So I'm figuring $75 and Hour(3hrs) and $75 for front end alignment. Now I would do this but I don't want to monkey around with the Spring Compressor, and my dad/mom would rather have a professional do it. Unless some one wants to Travel and do it for me :raspberry:

seems fair. i paid $250, but did not include alignment.
if i was wasn't in such a hurry to get it done, i would have taken it to a meet, or mini meet.
i have seen a few done at meets by the midwest guys, Regulator, Hardtrailz etc. and they know what they doing.
IMO it would be worth the trip to take Regulator up on his offer. :twocents:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:
Anything to help a fellow member out. In this guys case the 8 hour trip probably wouldn't make it worth while, but for anyone in driving distance it is a lot easier and much cheaper them paying a shop that may or may not actually know what they are doing.

I would put money on the fact that there are only a couple of people that have lifted/lowered as many of these trucks as I have.

I was only jokeing! If I ever decide to lift I'd definately come down and let the pro's teach me how to do it. :yes:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Never lowered one, but would be willing to help. Seems that lifting is the local thing to do...

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:

HARDTRAILZ said:
Never lowered one, but would be willing to help. Seems that lifting is the local thing to do...

Its actually about 7hrs. Beleive me I'd rather have you guys do it, but I don't think my parents would like just anyone installing the lift. Plus I don't have the Gas money to make the trip..... I will how ever be in Fairborn, Ohio come end of April.. But I won't have the TB, and I wont have the time...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Tell them that we aren't just anybody, we are two of the most knowledgeable and experienced people when it comes to lifting this truck.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I'd definately drive to warsaw and have regulator give u a hand on the lift. It would be retarded not to (no offense). I would trust him pretty much replacing anything on my truck. After all he has a mini meet at his house everyday. (He owns 3 gmts). He helped me with my lowering kit last Sunday and know 1st hand of his knowledge.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I told my mom, she never said anything.... Oh well... :frown: N' like you Said
Regulator said:
Tell them that we aren't just anybody, we are two of the most knowledgeable and experienced people when it comes to lifting this truck.

How many TB has he lifted, He never heard of a lift for a TB....... The guy has a good REP around here so... He did understand the Directions and that the lift replaces the OEM Spacers.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Do I smell another mini meet at matts??

You just want to hand out tools and black eye's :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
Haha. That was some funny shit....I am lol to myself as I type this.

Poor Regulator...suffering just so we can all have a few good laughs. :stars:

Thank you kind sir!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
No matt smashed his thumb (that wasn't funny). Mike smacked his head(that was funny)

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:
No matt smashed his thumb (that wasn't funny). Mike smacked his head(that was funny)

I would have laughed at both of them lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Prolly 25 or more lifts done between me and matt. That's just this this platforn. I did my first lift install over 15 years ago. Probably 50 or 60 over the years.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cable810 said:
I told my mom, she never said anything.... Oh well... :frown: N' like you Said

How many TB has he lifted, He never heard of a lift for a TB....... The guy has a good REP around here so... He did understand the Directions and that the lift replaces the OEM Spacers.

What lift? Replacing oem spacers may or may not be right.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:
You just want to hand out tools and black eye's :biggrin:

silvernclean said:
Haha. That was some funny shit....I am lol to myself as I type this.

silvernclean said:
I can see him becoming the gopher to get him out of the way. :raspberry:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
What lift? Replacing oem spacers may or may not be right.

I thought I Said what lift... I'm getting the BDS lift. I thought thats what the lifts did was replace the OEM Spacer......

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Cable810 said:
I thought I Said what lift... I'm getting the BDS lift. I thought thats what the lifts did was replace the OEM Spacer......

There is no "spacer" stock. There is the upper mount. BDS and Marks new kit replace it. Marks old kit puts a spacer under and over it.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well thank you for setting me straight Hardtrailz :thumbsup:. He does seeem to understand what and where the spacers go.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would ask him if he has done many other lifts. It is nice to have some experience, but our lifts are so simple it doesnt make much difference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online