GMTNation calling cards ?

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
I was just sitting around havin a few Bud's on a beauti afternoon. I just had a thought :lightbulb: , has anyone ever made a business type card with GMTNation logo and web address on it. Maybe a comment about what Gmtnation can provide a member. Then maybe a blank underline to put our screen name on. It would be a good way to recruit new members. Simply give to a GMT owner you see or just put it under the wiper blade of a GMT thats parked. Where would I get a GMTNation logo PDF file from? Has anyone done this?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have thought about doing the same thing. Maybe if a talented member could make a template , or have a selection to chose from would be good.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
either drew or sam brought a box of cards to carlisle

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
jimmyjam said:
either drew or sam brought a box of cards to carlisle

Hey guys, I'd love to see what exists? I don't think my email is listed, drop me a PM n I'll give it to you. I like the color logo that Stef had worked with, the red, white n blue one. Maybe I can create one here n work with a printer n get a bunch made for us Ontario members. I usually engage a conversation when I see someone driving a GMT and always talk about our forum. A card done the right way would temp them even more to log on n see how awesome this place is :thumbsup:. I figure almost everyone I see could either benefit from and/or contribute to our community. The card would work well I think....

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Hey guys, I'd love to see what exists? I don't think my email is listed, drop me a PM n I'll give it to you. I like the color logo that Stef had worked with, the red, white n blue one. Maybe I can create one here n work with a printer n get a bunch made for us Ontario members. I usually engage a conversation when I see someone driving a GMT and always talk about our forum. A card done the right way would temp them even more to log on n see how awesome this place is :thumbsup:. I figure almost everyone I see could either benefit from and/or contribute to our community. The card would work well I think....

You can design whatever you would like and get 250 free from a company like VistaPrint. It'll cost $10 for shipping, but 250 should go a pretty long way.
As far as some kind of standard design, that would be up to the Admins. I'd be up for helping them out with something like that if they wished. I have a lot of advertising/marketing experience and am a master of the applicable graphics design suites. If it's desired it can be done pretty simply...

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
rzawora said:
You can design whatever you would like and get 250 free from a company like VistaPrint. It'll cost $10 for shipping, but 250 should go a pretty long way.
As far as some kind of standard design, that would be up to the Admins. I'd be up for helping them out with something like that if they wished. I have a lot of advertising/marketing experience and am a master of the applicable graphics design suites. If it's desired it can be done pretty simply...

Maybe someone from each region, State or Province can make something up that's approved by the Admins. Then we could run a contest here based on referrals for new members. Maybe a 6-8 week time frame and some kind of prizing for the member with the most. GMTNation T-Shirt or Sweat-Shirt? Maybe our vendors could even contribute a prize for the winner. How many can we recruit in 6-8 weeks? I think lots.....

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Drew brought them to Carlisle. I believe Ghoster sent them to him. I know Jman was going to work on a layout for an official card.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got an old Roadie business card in my glovebox

RZAwora

Apr 15, 2012
Does it have a bunch of wires, capacitors, micro-chips, and electronics stuff connected to it? Lol. J/k.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I will be making some from Vistaprint. They are free besides S&H, and will be putting them under the wipers of GMT's that I see around town.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
HARDTRAILZ said:
I got an old Roadie business card in my glovebox
rzawora said:
Does it have a bunch of wires, capacitors, micro-chips, and electronics stuff connected to it? Lol. J/k.

It was pretty heavily identified with the old site. :frown:

View attachment 22368

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 130

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The logo is indeed copyrighted, but I believe we're very easy about giving permission to use it, as long as the artwork gets sent to us for approval. We have the same process for logo-bearing products like stickers and shirts.

We just don't want to see items like this: (ooops, too late...)

View attachment 22369

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 16

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Is there anything (a copyright) from stopping "someone" from creating a card similar to that using the GMTN data & info?

Okay CdnGMan, let's get together and create something for Ontario and share with others, we'll need the logo PDF including the proper PMS colors. Once our draft is approved by the Admins we'll get em printed and ship em out. PM or call me at home.

Thanks.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Denali n DOO said:
Okay CdnGMan, let's get together and create something for Ontario and share with others, we'll need the logo PDF including the proper PMS colors. Once our draft is approved by the Admins we'll get em printed and ship em out. PM or call me at home.

Thanks.

I just messaged ya something... and I just came up with another design:

View attachment 22371

Attachments

• GMTNCards2.jpg
    GMTNCards2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 122

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I played with Bill's design.

card1.jpg

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Oooooh... I like that one... nicely done! :thumbsup:

What prog did you use for the template?

Thanks :thumbsup:. And didn't use anything special. I just downloaded the roadies old TrailVoy card and made the changed in Microsoft Paint. I kept it pretty high tech :rotfl:. For the the text on the lower part of the card, I believe I used Arial 10 to replace Bill's info with mine and as for the white text in the back banner, I think used Arial Bold 12. Then all I did is play with positioning and moved things around.

Possible idea for the back of the card if you find a place that will print the back of the card at no charge.

cardback1.jpg

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Oooooh... I like that one... nicely done! :thumbsup:

What prog did you use for the template?

Alright then, let's ask the Admins for an approval and move forward with this design. I like it too! :thumbsup:

If approved maybe this can be our official "GMTNation card" for everyone to use!

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
:yes: !!! Can't wait for a template.

I mentioned the business cards idea back in February 2012.

harmless said:
Canadian Mike said:
I've been seeing a few in the mall parking lots, lately. Need to get some new GMTNation business cards, to hand out or stick into driver's side window. Anybody got a design template? Do I need permission from the site owners for use of the logo?

Yes. Talk to Ghoster.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a response, figuring Ghoster must have been real busy.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
07 TB RIDER said:
I played with Bill's design.

card1.jpg

Oh, maybe need to remove the second "suv" on the black line, I see it repeats itself.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Oh, maybe need to remove the second "suv" on the black line, I see it repeats itself.

card2.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
You prob don't even need to make cards, you can print them out somewhere free like work or something and put the paper on the windshield. unless you like the card idea then continue :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
You prob don't even need to make cards, you can print them out somewhere free like work or something and put the paper on the windshield. unless you like the card idea then continue :thumbsup:

Work printing stuff like this would leave me looking for a new job

I like the card idea better.

I just keep thinking if someone was touching my windshield wipers or putting shit on my truck i would be pissed

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
ItsOnVoy said:

That's true, but I bought a pack of blank business cards from Wal-Mart and have setup a word template...
I have a pretty good printer and get free ink from work, so why not? :thumbsup:

The cards look more "professional" too IMO...

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Work printing stuff like this would leave me looking for a new job

I like the card idea better.

I just keep thinking if someone was touching my windshield wipers or putting shit on my truck i would be pissed

That is true. I tend to print a ton of stuff at my school lab for free. I don't like when people put stuff on my windshield also and honestly I tend to ignore most of the stuff on there if there ever is anything on it lol

CdnGMan said:
That's true, but I bought a pack of blank business cards from Wal-Mart and have setup a word template...
I have a pretty good printer and get free ink from work, so why not? :thumbsup:

The cards look more "professional" too IMO...

Yeah then your fine I would do that also lol

lets see how many we can get, I know there are a nice number of GMT's at just my campus

Watch me get a card on my windshield every week or something now haha

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I'd probably leave cards on the driver side door. Higher probability that someone will actually see it and read it. I'll most likely stick it on in between the rubber window seal and the window on the front diver side window.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
I'd probably leave cards on the driver side door. Higher probability that someone will actually see it and read it. I'll most likely stick it on in between the rubber window seal and the window on the front diver side window.

Mess around by the drivers door of some peoples truck and you may turn around to a firearm aimed at your head.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Mess around by the drivers door of some peoples truck and you may turn around to a firearm aimed at your head.

That would suck, but highly unlikely to happen here. Myself, I will be giving the card to the owner rather than just randomly sticking on every GMT I see. I usually chat with other owners about their truck and that's the perfect opportunity to give them the card. I know a lot of people would forget the web site as soon as they drive away, the card would last and be a reminder to log on and look around.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like the idea of cards and giving them to people, but just something wrong with sticking them on a truck. I just dont think someone screwing with a truck and leaving a card is going to really entice an owner. Most owners dont care and some may even be pissed by having their wipers or window molding f'ed with to leave the card.

I want cards for those that ask or people I talk to. I keep MDB Fab cards and give them out fairly regularly since people always check out the bumpers. I would include a GMT card with it. I also leave cards on my truck at shows for those interested.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
I'm gonna see if I can make this into a word file that's easily customized for different member names...

Edit: I did make a word file that's easy to customize... :yes:

View attachment 8706

So can we get approval and start printing? Any way the word file would only allow the member info to be added, then the card style can't be changed. That will keep us consistent no matter where we are located. Plus the admins only have to do 1 approval. Maybe the template could be posted somewhere for members to download, kinda like the service manuals.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like the idea of cards and giving them to people, but just something wrong with sticking them on a truck. I just dont think someone screwing with a truck and leaving a card is going to really entice an owner. Most owners dont care and some may even be pissed by having their wipers or window molding f'ed with to leave the card.

I want cards for those that ask or people I talk to. I keep MDB Fab cards and give them out fairly regularly since people always check out the bumpers. I would include a GMT card with it. I also leave cards on my truck at shows for those interested.

I hope our members use good discretion with the cards because we don't want the GMTNation logo to become garbage thats scattered all over parking lots. Remember the web site n member name is on there. I wouldn't want a visitor message saying your an F ing litterbug or what not.

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
Denali n DOO said:

Thanks.

PMS colors are 187 red and 295 blue.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Man I can't even get away from work being on here..lol. being a printer..I deal with pms colors and process colors and so on ........

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online