Glass hatch not opening

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Appears that the very top of the LH side is binding under the glass when I try to lift. When I raise up on the glass, the trim wants to buckle down on the LH side but there is no obstruction....:confused: The liftgate opens fine but the glass is catching.....not even enough to fit my hand when it pops.

Anyone ever run into this?

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
Its the support lift shocks binding , it happend to me when i picked up mine for mthe used car dealer , they opened the hatch and took the pistons off and installed new ones they are about 15 bucks or so at parts store , you need a pick or a small flat blade screwdriver to lift the clip and pull it off the ball mount , install is easy have somone hold the glass in the up position and you just push the supports onto the ball mounts and your good to go

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
BOOMERZ said:
Its the support lift shocks binding , it happend to me when i picked up mine for mthe used car dealer , they opened the hatch and took the pistons off and installed new ones they are about 15 bucks or so at parts store , you need a pick or a small flat blade screwdriver to lift the clip and pull it off the ball mount , install is easy have somone hold the glass in the up position and you just push the supports onto the ball mounts and your good to go

yup i replaced mine after getting a huge knot on the back of my head. :hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online