Freaking hilarious - Disney Cruise employee keeps stolen iphone - auto picture upload

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

Attachments

• Nelson.jpg
    Nelson.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 230

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Saw this on Pirate yesterday...pretty good way to get yourself busted!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Pretty sure I would be throwing someone off of that Disney cruise ship!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
some people in this world are just down right genius :no:

Mudwheelin

Dec 4, 2011
Wow....fricken stupid people. There cruise ships suck anyways, wouldn't go on one.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
"What kind of a Mickey Mouse operation are they running over.........oh yea, nevermind."

Best comment ever.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
blazinlow89 said:
People never cease to amaze me.

They ceased to amaze me. I just sit there and think "Whats the stupidest thing a sane human being would do?", then i multiply that by 100. Then I sit down and watch the news and realize i wasnt even freaking close. lol

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
"I have alerted the officials of the Disney Cruiseline and forwarded them the photos," she writes on her Facebook page. "Hopefully I'll get my phone back and maybe some free passes to Disneyland."

People like this woman are the reason there are mandatory "slippery floor" and "hot coffee is hot" warnings. Every chance she gets.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
suburbs said:
"I have alerted the officials of the Disney Cruiseline and forwarded them the photos," she writes on her Facebook page. "Hopefully I'll get my phone back and maybe some free passes to Disneyland."

People like this woman are the reason there are mandatory "slippery floor" and "hot coffee is hot" warnings. Every chance she gets.

So, you don't believe she should be compensated by the company that employed the (alleged) thief?

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Wooluf1952 said:
So, you don't believe she should be compensated by the company that employed the (alleged) thief?
I think they might throw something at her out of guilt or to enhance PR goodwill, but that the bulk of the compensation needs to come from the thief. A severed head on a pike comes to mind. :cool:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Wooluf1952 said:

No, the phone wasn't stolen. She lost it/left it/forget it, what ever..... The employee is a jerk for not turning it in, but if another passenger had done the same thing, there would be nothing she could do.

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Me007gold said:
No, the phone wasn't stolen. She lost it/left it/forget it, what ever..... The employee is a jerk for not turning it in,
Failing to turn in found property is identical to stealing when you have a duty to turn it in, and I'm CERTAIN it violates the employee's terms of employment. TSA staff (for the most part :hissyfit:) don't steal stuff left behind at checkpoints by airline passengers.
... but if another passenger had done the same thing, there would be nothing she could do.
Except report the passenger to the cruise line and to the authorities. But cruise ship staff are not fellow passengers, and are held to a higher standard of conduct. Especially by Disney.

But mocking them in public like this is priceless. :biggrin:

UPDATE: New York Magazine and USAToday ran articles: http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2012/05/disney-wonder-stolen-iphone/700211/1

Rebecca Peddie, manager of public affairs for Disney Cruise Line, says the line became aware of the Facebook photos and the alleged theft yesterday, and says the iPhone had been recovered. It is currently on the Wonder, and the line intends to return it to the owner when the ship's current cruise ends.

Peddie says that while situation is being investigated, the crew member, who is still on the Wonder, is on administrative leave and has been restricted from guest areas.

As the New York Magazine article says, it is possible the alleged thief bought the phone from someone else, or that there is some other explanation as to why he had the phone in his possession.

Either way, Disney said it takes this matter "very seriously."

"We have a zero-tolerance policy for this type of behavior," the spokesperson added. "We are taking aggressive action."

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Wooluf1952 said:

I don't believe it is appropriate to discuss publicly before discussing with Disney. I had a longer story typed up about a personal experience...but it really doesn't matter. I just don't respect the mentality that "I was wronged, I am entitled to profit from it."

It appears she didn't give Disney a chance to take action before she threw the company under the bus in as public a way as she could.

"Dear Disney CEO, here is my photo blog. You screwed up. Now reward me."

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online