For those who want LEDs for the interior....

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
These are perfect:
[EBAY]220967561788[/EBAY]

These are way bright but perfect for the rear cargo area.
[EBAY]270906049437[/EBAY]

Just my opinion.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I think 9smd would be too bright for anyone with an envoy!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ItsOnVoy said:
I think 9smd would be too bright for anyone with an envoy!

not in SWB TB's or SS' :raspberry:.. i remember you saying that they would be too bright in the one thread we talked about interior led's

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I had those same 9 smd leds in my license plate lights. They were more blue than white and lasted about a month before one burned out. I do however have those same 36led panels in my interior now and I love them.

And 9 smds too much? What you talkin bout Willis? My dome lights are 216 smd leds right now. Its....let's just say intense

Gump2773

Feb 21, 2012
After much searching to find local led sales, it seems ordering online is the only way. Radio Shack is a joke 2 led's for $3. Not good when i need 48 per light.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
not in SWB TB's or SS' :raspberry:.. i remember you saying that they would be too bright in the one thread we talked about interior led's

haha Yeah for the TB or TBSS it would be perfect!! For the Envoy it would be way too much lol we have like 9 of those running in the truck!! For any envoy owner I say 5smd max and stop there unless you want to out on sunglasses getting into the truck lol

SBUBandit said:
And 9 smds too much? What you talkin bout Willis? My dome lights are 216 smd leds right now. Its....let's just say intense

Damn that is a lot!! I have 4leds in mine and that is more then enough for me lol it really depends on the person too I guess...if you want enough light for the next two cars by you then why not lol

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Damn that is a lot!! I have 4leds in mine and that is more then enough for me lol it really depends on the person too I guess...if you want enough light for the next two cars by you then why not lol

Keeps vampires out of the truck at night, as they will incinerate instantly upon opening the door.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Meltdown211 said:
They were flashing within a week... Worst $5 I ever spent.... Dont waste your money.

Its basically a crap shoot until you research and learn about the lights, who distributes them, who makes them, etc. I've done alot in the way of personally testing and researching over the past 4 months. I'm pretty confident I now have a good source in Guongzhou for buying them for me and she is also going to stand behind the product as I do. In fact she tests each light before sending them to me. I pretty much stay away from the exposed soldered T shaped "boards" which only slightly resemble a light bulb. Those are the cheapest and its like the old adage "you get what you pay for".
So be my guest and explore my site. I don't have everything in place yet but we are working on it.
Kev:yes:

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express!

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
This a daytime shot with a look at one exposed
IMG_20120223_153243.jpg

night time shot-yes they are bright
IMG_20120209_220620.jpg

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
SBUBandit said:
I had those same 9 smd leds in my license plate lights. They were more blue than white and lasted about a month before one burned out. I do however have those same 36led panels in my interior now and I love them.

I have the same setup. I've had the plate lights for at least a year and the interior lights close to that with no problems.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
When you research SMDs and their structures, you can make a better choice. SMDs come in sizes ranging from small 1210, to large 5050. Cree is a company in North Carolina that a year ago developed a micro-circuitry that boosts the power by 13 1/2 times that of normals bulbs but also uses less power to do so.
I now have many customers with very few problems. So take a look at my site and buy with confidence.

Wix.com LEDS created by dfwizleds based on auto-repair-express | Wix.com

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
OR

You can get quality stuff from a reputable vendor on this forum... :cool:

JeTTT Auto Tech

:twocents:

My name is harmless and I approve of this shameless plug. :whistle:

No kits for us 9 bulb folk :hopeless:

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Sparky said:
No kits for us 9 bulb folk :hopeless:

Tell me whats in a 9 bulb kit and I'll see what I can do for ya. :yes:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
DFWWIZ said:
Tell me whats in a 9 bulb kit and I'll see what I can do for ya. :yes:

8 t10s and a 212-2

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
8 t10s and a 212-2

I just need to know how bright do you want?
The T10 is same as 168/194
I have single large SMD, 4 med SMDs, 8 SMD, 3 chip 1 Watt & 1 1/2 watt, triple 3 chip at 3 Watts, or even Cree type at 7 watts (this last one has length of 1.7")
The 212-2 is a 42 mm Festoon that I have in 8 LED, 8 med SMDs, 8 large SMDs, 18 small SMDs, 36 small SMDs and the dual 3 chip.
These bulbs vary from $3 to $10 each but a pkg deal for lowest brightness is $35 to highest at $61 shipped for 9 bulbs.
The 1210 is a small SMD
the 3528 is a med SMD
the 5050 is a large SMD

And I do have some others in T10 with 9 super flux, and 5 large SMD, and colors in white, yellow, blue, red. I can also get in purple, pink, & green

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spellman1989

Members Online