first i found the other site, then the offroad site and now i'm here too!

SmokeyMcBlazer

Original poster
Member
May 5, 2013
434
greetings everyone.

i just joined up to learn about my new to me ride. i have an 02 TB LS. just coming off of a 98 4runner that was lifted with 265/75/16's. my dad just bought a new silverado and my 4runner was getting tired so he was gracious enough to donate the TB to my cause. its got around 250 000kms and it looks like mint.

im very interested in lifting the TB and hoping to be able to run the same tires from my old 4runner. ive read about the BDS suspension lift and was planning on buying one untill i was informed about the markmc lift. i just have a little more reading to do inorder to make a decission. also checked out the radflo, again on donated info but might be over kill for my needs

also have some amps and subs from the 4runner that im hoping to install in the TB. i really like the factory look and am willing to sacrifice some sound quality versus an aftermarket deck if possible.

somemore about me, im originally from NFLD and now live in Toronto, ON. i'm a chef, an avid ATV'er and gardener. i guess thats it so anyway, Hey everybody :tiphat:
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Welcome! Since we and the ORTB site I helped start both use the non-profit enthusiast-volunteer business model, we don't come down on anybody who uses the name of our old site (OS): trailvoy.com. :wink:

In general the folks now here made trailvoy what it was, which includes the million-post archive that Vertical Scope bought and is squeezing every dime out of. But the helpful community moved here and ORTB and the spark has gone out at trailvoy. Too bad, since it didn't have to happen.
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
Welcome to GMTNation! I'm sure you'll find a ton of help here for your mods. A Chef, nice career, I know a few Chefs in this part of the province. I bet with your background you make an awesome Jiggs Dinner! Whats your signature dish?
 

SmokeyMcBlazer

Original poster
Member
May 5, 2013
434
First off, thanks everyone for the welcomes and thanks Roadie for the extra background info.


Denali n DOO said:
I bet with your background you make an awesome Jiggs Dinner! Whats your signature dish?

Funny thing Is, i've never made jiggs dinner lol. As far as a signature dish, I don't really have one. I've played around with a few things but my cooking style changes very often so I can't really pinpoint one dish as "the one". This week it might be chinese, next week might be indian and the week after it might be italian. For the most part though, I perfer any "grandmother" types of dishes. Stews and braises and such, everything rustic and delicious. it reminds me of family, love and painfully full bellies!!
 

SmokeyMcBlazer

Original poster
Member
May 5, 2013
434
thanks for the link wooluf1952. the big uprising lol, could almost be a movie. was the problem with vertiscope? im a moderator on an atv forum that they run. it was full of so much spam and uselessness when i complained till they made me a super moderator. lots of adds overthere too.
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
Funny thing Is, i've never made jiggs dinner lol. As far as a signature dish, I don't really have one. I've played around with a few things but my cooking style changes very often so I can't really pinpoint one dish as "the one". This week it might be chinese, next week might be indian and the week after it might be italian. For the most part though, I perfer any "grandmother" types of dishes. Stews and braises and such, everything rustic and delicious. it reminds me of family, love and painfully full bellies!!

I love all kinds of food, period. Indian Curries like Chicken Vindaloo with a quality Basmati rice or Jamaican Jerk with rice n peas are some of my favs. Oh and don't forget the Jamaican Stewed Oxtail, damn that's a good one too!

I hope you make it out to a meet sometime, the Niagara Falls meet is on May 25th if your interested. A few Toronto members are headed down to it if you'd like to join in...:thumbsup:
 

Denali n DOO

Member
May 22, 2012
5,596
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
thanks for the link wooluf1952. the big uprising lol, could almost be a movie. was the problem with vertiscope? im a moderator on an atv forum that they run. it was full of so much spam and uselessness when i complained till they made me a super moderator. lots of adds overthere too.

There is a movie, with subtitles, I wish I had the link. Maybe someone else can post it here, Roadie???
 

BO TIE SS

Member
Nov 18, 2011
1,497
Welcome. :tiphat:

SmokeyMcBlazer said:
i really like the factory look and am willing to sacrifice some sound quality versus an aftermarket deck if possible.
I still have the factory Bose unit in my SS. I've added two amps... one powering 4 Infinity tweeters and one powering 2 JBL 15" subs.

I think it sounds really good despite using the factory HU. :thumbsup:
 

Boricua SS

Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
welcome over :tiphat:
 

Porkins

Member
Dec 5, 2011
6,960
Welcome to the Nation.
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
SmokeyMcBlazer said:
was the problem with vertiscope?
It was. Profit-mongers ignored the community. Note that as of the last 6-8 months, it's TOTALLY running on autopilot with ZERO volunteer mods. How can they pretend to have a forum with no mods, just heavy-handed overlord paid staff from Toronto who have to watch ofer 50-75 forums EACH. No wonder it was so easy to run a jailbreak. Now they read PMs, killed off the direct email function, and have an automatic nanny filter that turns any mention of "gmtnation" into "trailvoy". Trying to protect their victimization of the poor suckers who find the site through the Google trail. The responses in the Introductions forum are most illuminating. Mostly zero. Nobody home to welcome the noobs.
 

Ryda55555

Member
Apr 11, 2013
1,111
the roadie said:
It was. Profit-mongers ignored the community. Note that as of the last 6-8 months, it's TOTALLY running on autopilot with ZERO volunteer mods. How can they pretend to have a forum with no mods, just heavy-handed overlord paid staff from Toronto who have to watch ofer 50-75 forums EACH. No wonder it was so easy to run a jailbreak. Now they read PMs, killed off the direct email function, and have an automatic nanny filter that turns any mention of "gmtnation" into "trailvoy". Trying to protect their victimization of the poor suckers who find the site through the Google trail. The responses in the Introductions forum are most illuminating. Mostly zero. Nobody home to welcome the noobs.

K now, not all us torontonians are evil bad guys :rotfl:
 

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Member
Nov 19, 2011
9,957
Portland, OR
Ryda55555 said:
K now, not all us torontonians are evil bad guys :rotfl:
Agreed, but I don't think you have achieved critical mass for a torch and pitchfork assault on VS HQ. Do that, and all Toronto members get free Premium membership for a year.

[video=youtube;FV7bSXSkOI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV7bSXSkOI8[/video]
 

Ryda55555

Member
Apr 11, 2013
1,111
the roadie said:
Agreed, but I don't think you have achieved critical mass for a torch and pitchfork assault on VS HQ. Do that, and all Toronto members get free Premium membership for a year.

[video=youtube;FV7bSXSkOI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV7bSXSkOI8[/video]

Thats the greatest work of art i have ever laid my eyes on.... :drooling:
 

Ryda55555

Member
Apr 11, 2013
1,111
K guys i think we have to rethink our NF meet and change the location to VS HQ and start an assault.

CdnGman - bring the pitchfork
DnD - bring the torches
Harmless will distract the authorities (hopefully they dont have elantras)
And new guy - bring the cookies :thumbsup:
Everyone else can sit back and enjoy the show
 

SmokeyMcBlazer

Original poster
Member
May 5, 2013
434
^^thats awesome^^
 

NinjuhhNutz

Member
Oct 15, 2012
720
Welcome aboard, bro. Great bunch of folks here :yes: Always good to have somewhere you can wait an hour or two (if not minutes) for a reply, I was a part of a couple other forums that I have all but abondoned because of little to no responses and/or "flaming" for legit questions.
now and then we'll give each other a hard time on here, but it's all in good fun :Lager Louts:
 

SmokeyMcBlazer

Original poster
Member
May 5, 2013
434
Ryda55555 said:
K guys i think we have to rethink our NF meet and change the location to VS HQ and start an assault.

CdnGman - bring the pitchfork
DnD - bring the torches
Harmless will distract the authorities (hopefully they dont have elantras)
And new guy - bring the cookies :thumbsup:
Everyone else can sit back and enjoy the show

you want me to bring the "good" cookies?? lol
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
Welcome!
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,392
Posts
638,779
Members
18,601
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online