Finally!!! A stroke of luck headed my way...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
Finally, things have turned for the better...

Everyone (or pretty much everyone) knows my story and history of what I've been going through with my truck over the past year... well, my GMPP extended warranty expired yesterday (3/25)... so with everything that's been going on with the motor saga, for chits and giggles, I wanted the tranny checked out (flex plate, converter, and pump) since the warranty was expiring and being I have a vibration that's not normal... I took it to a different dealership because I did not want to deal with the one that was doing all the motor work (plus my brothers neighbor (and a family friend) has been a GM tech since '93 and works at the new dealership I took it to and this dealership is one of the top 5 elite dealerships in the US)

so I take it in on Wednesday (3/20) and he gets it done in one day... everything in the tranny turned out fine... what I didn't know, is that the service manager called GMPP and GM himself, and I guess since he is more well known in the industry, and this being an elite dealership, we get a meeting with GM, GMPP, and the company that supplied the motor yesterday 3/25...

so long story short... they finally caved and I'm getting a BRAND NEW CRATE MOTOR... not reman'd, not refurbished, nada... brand new, out the box, crate GM motor.. the only downfall is the original dealer that has been doing all the work has to install this one... new motor will be in on Monday, and I should have my truck back by next weekend... hopefully this is the end of this year long saga and i can enjoy my truck...
 

DDonnie

Member
Mar 26, 2012
2,631
Congrats man!!! Plenty of time for the meet too!
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
dcmtnbkr said:
Congrats man!!! Plenty of time for the meet too!

yes indeed... that was the whole push... and a perfect time to break in the new motor... plus I need time to put on some goodies before the meet :lipsrsealed::rotfl:
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
yes indeed... the best part... it comes with a 4yr/100k mile warranty... :wootwoot:
 

Hatchet

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,405
About damn time.
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio

Jkust

Member
Dec 4, 2011
946
Wow that's awesome. How much do you think a crate motor would cost retail?
 

ScarabEpic22

Member
Nov 20, 2011
728
Boricua SS said:
yes indeed... that was the whole push... and a perfect time to break in the new motor... plus I need time to put on some goodies before the meet :lipsrsealed::rotfl:

Nice, should be great now!

Id wait on any mods, drive it stock to break it in. No need to add more variables into the mix, unfortunately with your luck leave it alone for a bit.
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
ScarabEpic22 said:
Nice, should be great now!

Id wait on any mods, drive it stock to break it in. No need to add more variables into the mix, unfortunately with your luck leave it alone for a bit.

oh that's not what I meant... im talkin cosmetic mods that are sitting on my counter top.. I wont touch the motor until I H/C/I it :biggrin:
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
thx Chris... been following your story as well... hopefully we both made a good choice in keeping our GMT's...
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio

willn513

Member
Dec 4, 2011
918
Juan congrats man that's great news! Hopefully this gets you all set up and everything works out well. Glad to know that they are taking care of you.
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
willn513 said:
Juan congrats man that's great news! Hopefully this gets you all set up and everything works out well. Glad to know that they are taking care of you.

thx Will... fingers crossed over here... I know things can go wrong with the new motor as well... plus i still have all my original accessories (alt, water pump, ac compressor, etc...) but at least this eliminates some possibilities...

Short Bus said:
About f:lipsrsealed:kin' time!!!

I wasn't so nice with them when I said that as well :biggrin:
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio

Instrumental

Member
Jan 29, 2012
268
tbuckalew14 said:
what a relief! Just try not to get in an accident pulling out of the dealer parking lot.

Hey! I resemble that remark.

Still a bit painful to think about.....
 

HARDTRAILZ

Moderator
Nov 18, 2011
49,665
Nice Bro!
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
Congrats man, you have been to hell and back with that dealership. Hopefully this is that last time you will have to deal with the BS.
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
blazinlow89 said:
Congrats man, you have been to hell and back with that dealership. Hopefully this is that last time you will have to deal with the BS.

That's what I'm hoping for too. Persistancy pays off, and it looks like I'm finally getting rewarded because I didn't stop until I got what I wanted...
 

Voymom

Member
Feb 3, 2012
2,523
Boricua SS said:
That's what I'm hoping for too. Persistancy pays off, and it looks like I'm finally getting rewarded because I didn't stop until I got what I wanted...

Now you can understand why women are the way they are......eventually all that bitching does us good lol

Glad you got it all figured out so far Juan!! Wishing the best for you and the BeaSSt!
 

Mark20

Member
Dec 6, 2011
1,630
Short and sweet: :thumbsup::thumbsup:
 

BOOMERZ

Member
Dec 5, 2011
94
Seeing this made my day , that GM finally got off the high horse and is giving you what should have been done in the FIRST PLACE !!! congrats bro :thumbsup:
 

Short Bus

Member
Dec 2, 2011
1,906
Voymom said:
Now you can understand why women are the way they are......eventually all that bitching does us good lol

Glad you got it all figured out so far Juan!! Wishing the best for you and the BeaSSt!

You need to be careful with that, you can end up driving someone away.
 

Matt

Member
Dec 2, 2011
4,022
Good deal Juan! Looks like I won't be picking you up now...which is bloody fantastic!!! Only because you'll be driving your fixed truck...no other reason. :biggrin:
 

Boricua SS

Original poster
Member
Nov 20, 2011
3,080
Ohio
Voymom said:
Now you can understand why women are the way they are......eventually all that bitching does us good lol

Glad you got it all figured out so far Juan!! Wishing the best for you and the BeaSSt!

Thx Tami... we'll see how she holds out... fingers crossed. . And what is this bitching you speak of.. I'm single :crackup::raspberry:

CdnGMan said:
Congrats & good luck with the new motor... :thumbsup:

Let's hope that this all works out and you end up keep the BeaSSt...

Thx bro.. I think I'm gonna need all the luck I can get after what's gone on :rotfl:

Mark20 said:
Short and sweet: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you...

BOOMERZ said:
Seeing this made my day , that GM finally got off the high horse and is giving you what should have been done in the FIRST PLACE !!! congrats bro :thumbsup:

Yea it's been along time coming... over a year of this crap so far...

Matt said:
Good deal Juan! Looks like I won't be picking you up now...which is bloody fantastic!!! Only because you'll be driving your fixed truck...no other reason. :biggrin:

:crackup: suuuuure mate...
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,307
Posts
637,746
Members
18,509
Latest member
Napalm

Members Online