NEED HELP Evap Large Leak

Pygot

Silver Supporter
Hi all, I have an 08 97x. Have replaced fuel canister, Rollover valve, gas cap and still am getting an evap code after about 100-200 miles of driving. Got codes read at stealership and they thought it was rollover valve (obv not). Now Im thinking it is the pressure sensors on top of the tank. No leaks when smoke tested. Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks

christo829

Did they actually give you the code #? There are also some valves that could potentially lead to a problem, though if those fail outright they usually throw their own code. Possibly one of them is leaking at a connector, but still talking to the PCM properly. Did you use an AC Delco cap? I had
an aftermarket cap on mine that didn't seal right, but that threw a small leak code.

Good Luck!

Chris

Mooseman

Maybe the fuel pump seal? Or the top of the fuel pump module can rust through.

And yeah, having the actual code might help.

OP
OP
Pygot

Pygot

Silver Supporter
Did they actually give you the code #? There are also some valves that could potentially lead to a problem, though if those fail outright they usually throw their own code. Possibly one of them is leaking at a connector, but still talking to the PCM properly. Did you use an AC Delco cap? I had
an aftermarket cap on mine that didn't seal right, but that threw a small leak code.

Good Luck!

Chris
Yes I have the ac delco cap and I will get the exact code tomorrow when I stop by my mechanics. Sorry to not have it on hand

OP
OP
Pygot

Pygot

Silver Supporter
Maybe the fuel pump seal? Or the top of the fuel pump module can rust through.

And yeah, having the actual code might help.
Yea I realize that will have it tomorrow my bad. Also I have replaced the whole fuel pump module. Forgot to mention that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Jdross88