Engine noise

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Makes a crunching noise and clicking noise at all rpm. I took off the serpentine belt and the noise wasn't there anymore. I just changed the water pump last December with a $45 unit from advance auto. Could it be on its way out again?

player.swf

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
With the belt removed, spin each pulley by hand. They should all spin smoothly. The one that feels like gravel is your culprit.

It is possible the pump has gone bad again, but I'd check the others first.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Ooh ok thanks for the info guys. I'm about to go check it out again and will report back

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
When asking a question like yours, a little vehicle info helps.

If you have an I6, check the AC compressor.

Anything other than the I6, don't bother with the compressor, it's on a different belt.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
warriorpluto said:
Makes a crunching noise and clicking noise at all rpm. I took off the serpentine belt and the noise wasn't there anymore. I just changed the water pump last December with a $45 unit from advance auto. Could it be on its way out again?

player.swf

Listened to the video. Others have posted that this tick about once per second is the fan clutch.

On a side note I noticed your engine is extremely quiet. Don't know if that's the cameras microphone playing tricks but my engine is a ton louder at idle. If that's normal then I have something else worn.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online