Ended: Parting out 2004 LT

Status
Not open for further replies.

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
I bought this 2004 Trailblazer LT from a friend before he moved. It had a front end collision. My "friend" claimed to have driven the truck off of the trailer, so I thought I would put new fenders, grille, headlights, radiator, ect. on and it would be good to go. Got the truck put back together all to find out the head is cracked. That same week my sister got hit in her 07 LT. I bought that from her and am using the rear quarter panel and bumper cover off of the 04 to repair it. All other parts are for sale.

Let me know what your looking for, and I'll let you know if I still have it. Prices depend on the condition of the part.

If I can figure out how to post photos I'll have some up tomorrow. The truck is silver. The front fenders and hood are blue. Interior is grey w/ cloth seats. All the glass is good. You pay shipping.

Thanks for looking,
Dan

Reactions: Capote and Mounce

felicie

Jan 13, 2013
Does it have running boards?

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
No running boards, and I will try to put some pictures up today.

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
This picture looks just like the one I have. The only difference is the front end is blue.
Used_Chevrolet_Trailblazer_Suv_2004_Ls_Silver.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:no: We need to see pics of YOUR truck. A few shots of the exterior from different angles, same with the interior. Folks won't know what condition things look like otherwise. That hurts your chances at sales. :twocents:

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Working on it. I think I've got the attachment stuff figured out finally.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:791]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:792]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:793]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:794]

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Let me know what parts you're looking for. I'll be taking apart, and cataloging parts over the next couple of weeks. I'd be happy to take any part off someone maybe interested in and take more photos of it.

Reactions: Capote

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:804]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:805]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:802]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:801]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:800]

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I noticed on the headlight panel it has a fog light switch, does this TB still have them?

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Assuming your truck is Light Pewter Metallic, how much would you want for the exterior door handles and door moldings (assuming they're all in good shape)?
If you wouldn't mind, price the handles and moldings separate.
a756fab00026b862ad0f62fce73342a5.png

I have an LS with the fugly black plastic versions of those components and potentially would want to do a swap.

Heck, also, how about the front cup holder liners (assuming none of the fins are broken off like mine are).
I would be interested in both of the normal sized ones and the "big gulp" one.

Shoot, never mind, I just noticed your big gulp one is missing too.
Did our trucks even come with one of those?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
gpking said:
Assuming your truck is Light Pewter Metallic, how much would you want for the exterior door handles and door moldings (assuming they're all in good shape)?

I have an LS with the fugly black plastic versions of those components and potentially would want to do a swap.

Heck, also, how about the front cup holder liners (assuming none of the fins are broken off like mine are).
Don't forget the mirror caps :thumbsup:

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
BlazingTrails said:
Don't forget the mirror caps :thumbsup:
These look black to me in the picture, not body-matched or even chrome. Chrome would look pretty sweet though.

I'm satisfied with my black mirrors anyway. I just bought them new last Spring so they aren't 12 years old, faded, and disgusting like the originals were.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
gpking said:
These look black to me in the picture, not body-matched or even chrome. Chrome would look pretty sweet though.

I'm satisfied with my black mirrors anyway. I just bought them new last Spring so they aren't 12 years old, faded, and disgusting like the originals were.
A can of Duplicolor sandable primer, and body color paint in a rattle can can easily rectify that situation. That's what I did with mine, since I wanted the smooth finish. I believe you can buy the chrome mirror covers on Ebay, I think they stick onto the stock ones though.

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
r1894 said:
Did this by chance have the retractable cargo cover? Looking for one! :yes:
Sorry, no retractable cargo cover.

Capote said:
I noticed on the headlight panel it has a fog light switch, does this TB still have them?
Yes, I do have the fog lights. One of them had a crack on the mounting bracket (see pic). I put gorilla glue in the crack and now it doesn't move. $25 + shipping for the pair

Sorry I didn't get them cleaned up before taking pictures.

djthumper said:
The center console lid. Is it still in good shape?

Yes it is. It has a couple of small scratches on the bottom side of the lid. $50 + shipping or you can buy the whole console for $150 + shipping

Blckshdw said:
Interior door handle bezels have all their tabs intact? :undecided:
The driver door has 1 tab broken, the rest (so far) are intact. I haven't removed the back door panels yet. If you're interested I can pull them off tonight and take pictures. Let me know.

gpking said:

I will try to remember to get the paint code off of it tonight. I would do $50 + shipping for all of the exterior door handles that you have circled (both sides), and if I can remove them without any issues $75 + shipping for the molding (both doors, both sides)

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
I based my prices off of recently sold listings on ebay for similar items. If you're interested in buying something I prefer Paypal for payment.

Reactions: KYblazer06

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
dan@larescorp said:
I will try to remember to get the paint code off of it tonight. I would do $50 + shipping for all of the exterior door handles that you have circled (both sides), and if I can remove them without any issues $75 + shipping for the molding (both doors, both sides)

$125 + shipping sounds fair enough for the bundle.
Let me know when you get it all removed and confirm the color.
Here's a video on how to remove the exterior door handles:
(Skip to around 3:45)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kUqni3iyZTc

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
gpking said:
The handles shouldn't be an issue. I'm more concerned with the door moldings. I'll confirm the paint code and get them pulled off tonight.

Midnyteryder196 said:
Well that sux.. Lol. How about the tail lights? What kind of shape are they in? And how much for them?
I only have the passenger side tail light. The driver side was used on my 07. $25 + shipping for the passenger side.

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
dan@larescorp said:
The handles shouldn't be an issue. I'm more concerned with the door moldings. I'll confirm the paint code and get them pulled off tonight.

I only have the passenger side tail light. The driver side was used on my 07. $25 + shipping for the passenger side.
Alright thanks. I'm going to pass though, little high to me for a used light. But GLWS! :smile:

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
May I please have the 2 center vents? If you pry on the sides they come right out. Let me know how much you want for them and shipping to 60506.

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
gpking said:
The paint code is U 910L. I can't find any color charts with that have that paint code on it. Any help?

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
tblazerdude said:
May I please have the 2 center vents? If you pry on the sides they come right out. Let me know how much you want for them and shipping to 60506.
$30 including shipping work for you?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
dan@larescorp said:
The paint code is U 910L. I can't find any color charts with that have that paint code on it. Any help?
I've always used AutomotiveTouchup, this list was the closest I could find. Scroll down towards the bottom. FWIW, my paint code is 994L, and I'd say our colors are pretty close, if not the same (due to lighting in the pic)

2004 GMC All Models

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
dan@larescorp said:
I did a quick search and an OS thread came up where an '04 owner couldn't find that code either- they said that it cooresponds with Light Tarnished Silver Metallic.
My code, 382E, is Light Pewter Metallic and looks awfully similar but it's not exact unfortunately.

Darn you GM! I was looking forward to these!

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
I saw that thread too. Everything I've found for Light Tarnished silver Metallic's paint code says 944. I got the paint code from the glove box door. Is there another code somewhere else that I'm not seeing?

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
gpking said:
I did a quick search and an OS thread came up where an '04 owner couldn't find that code either- they said that it cooresponds with Light Tarnished Silver Metallic.
My code, 382E, is Light Pewter Metallic and looks awfully similar but it's not exact unfortunately.

Darn you GM! I was looking forward to these!
Well if you want I could paint these to match your paint color if you would be willing to go to $140 + shipping.

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Blckshdw said:
I've always used AutomotiveTouchup, this list was the closest I could find. Scroll down towards the bottom. FWIW, my paint code is 994L, and I'd say our colors are pretty close, if not the same (due to lighting in the pic)

2004 GMC All Models
Thanks for the list. It looks like this chart does list 910 as Light Tarnished Silver Metallic. That clears that up!

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
dan@larescorp said:
Well if you want I could paint these to match your paint color if you would be willing to go to $140 + shipping.
Ehh, if I really wanted I could just paint mine body color. Thanks for the offer though.
I'll leave these for someone else with an LS of the same color.

danj

Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
gpking said:
Ehh, if I really wanted I could just paint mine body color. Thanks for the offer though.
I'll leave these for someone else with an LS of the same color.
No problem. I didn't get a chance to pull them off last night anyways due to the rain. This will give me a chance to get some cars out of my shop so I can tear this truck completely down. Thanks though!

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Hi Dan -

What's left on the front of this TB? I'm looking for a replacement for the trim piece that goes across the grille and overlaps the headlights. Mine keeps cracking.

Thanks!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filthycasual

Members Online

No members online now.