Dual zone problem

thawaxshop

Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Last year I had a problem with dual zone. Driver side will go hot or cold but pass side only stays on cold. After research I saw there was a problem with some of the flap motors that close the vent for hot and cold so I bought one and changed it. And nothing. Took motor out and it works on its own. Ripped the entire dash out and looked behind the heater core and saw the the flap is broke where it would attach to the motor on the inside of the heater box. Now idk what to do here. Is there a way to replace that flap?

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
No easy answer for you. As someone else said on here "They put the heater core on a platform and built the truck around it". Well the second thing they put in was the temp blend doors. If you want the temp control to function correctly you might be able to epoxy it together through the hole. But that is iffy at best. The other solution is to remove the dash and open the hvac box to repair/replace the door. If I am going that far in I am not gonna fix a door that costs $20 I will just replace it. Because even in a shop its a good days work to do. I dont envy you one bit. Not a job I would be all excited about for sure.

thawaxshop

Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
I've had the dash off its not too bad. That's how I saw what was wrong. Can I buy a new flap or does the whole housing have to be changed

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
You should be able to get just a door, but I can check when I get to work. Oh and I need more info. Make model and year? Manual or Auto HVAC?

mrphoenix80

Jan 1, 2013
Ok well it is just a door but from the part catalog it looks like you get both the driver and passenger door as 1 piece. List here is about $60.

thawaxshop

Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Sweet. Is there a part number I can order? How about an exploded diagram to aid me? Thanks for your help so far!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online