Do the 5.3 Envoys and Trailblazers have the "Tow/Haul" feature?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I know they are difficult to find with the 5.3 but they are out there. So...do they have the "Tow/Haul" button/feature that's offered on the Tahoes and the Yukons?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They do not..

Reactions: Mooseman

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Thanks TollKeeper.....I think that finally makes up my mind. I'll start looking for a Tahoe or Yukon. I just like the size of my standard Envoy. The Tahoes and Yukon's are a little bit bigger but smaller is better when I'm exploring the canyons and sandwashes of the local desert.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Attachments

• 2002-2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer Towing Capacities Let's Tow That!.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 1

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
All the tow/haul mode does it change the shift points, mostly hold a gear longer while accelerating and not upshifting to overdrive if towing heavy when you have to keep the throttle up to keep the speed. Also downshifts while in cruise to engine brake when going downhill. All things you could do yourself.

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
All the tow/haul mode does it change the shift points, mostly hold a gear longer while accelerating and not upshifting to overdrive if towing heavy when you have to keep the throttle up to keep the speed. Also downshifts while in cruise to engine brake when going downhill. All things you could do yourself.

I have sometimes wondered if tow/haul altered the line pressure a bit?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd have to pull my old HPT files from my Avalanche and compare. IIRC those were the same. Other other thing it did change was the torque converter clutch lockup.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online