Cragar soft 8 fitment and backspacing help!

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I want to pick up a set of cragar soft 8 rims, 17" by 8", just need help knowing what size spacers I would need to get them to sit flush against my fenders. I'm going to lower my TB and put lower profile tires on them, but I just don't want the wheels to stick out, I don't know jack about back spacing. I can post the rims if anyone needs to see them!

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
05tbowner said:
Here is the link to the wheels I plan on buying:

Cragar Soft 8 Black Steel Wheels 17"x8" 6x5 5" Set of 5 | eBay

Looks like the offset is 0?

Well it's wider than the stock rim. It will also depend on what size tire you want to run. But you did mention lowering it, so I'm going to assume you're going to go with a stock height tire. Thing is, you're going to need a adapter, and most of those come in the 1.25inch variety. A 12mm would pull the rim back in towards the car. Maybe a half inch of poke.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm lifted, but have stock wheels with 1.5" spacers. Here's the best pic I could find to show my stance. With 0 offset your wheels would stick out more. If you get the 1.3" adapters be sure to grind your lugs so the rims will seat properly.

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
I'm lifted, 1.5" spacers, 17x8" wheels with 25mm offset and 265/70R17 tires.

2012-11-16_11-02-50_502.jpg

The wheels you want will stick even further out than mine do. You need to find a set of 6x5 lug wheels to get the look you are wanting.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Short Bus said:
I'm lifted, but have stock wheels with 1.5" spacers. Here's the best pic I could find to show my stance. With 0 offset your wheels would stick out more. If you get the 1.3" adapters be sure to grind your lugs so the rims will seat properly.

WTF happened to my pic :confused:

It doesn't matter now, but 0 offset will stick out more than Opeth's 25mm offset.

05tbowner

Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Is there any other way I could make these wheels fit without them sticking out to far? Could I have them drilled? Could I do some kind of hub swap? I know it won't be cheap, but it's my favorite rim, and I would love the way it would look on our cars, with a drastic drop.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nope on the hub swap

Opeth

Mar 25, 2012
05tbowner said:
Is there any other way I could make these wheels fit without them sticking out to far? Could I have them drilled? Could I do some kind of hub swap? I know it won't be cheap, but it's my favorite rim, and I would love the way it would look on our cars, with a drastic drop.

Contact black rock wheels, at one point I know they use to do custom orders.

Black Rock Type 8P Series 937 : Black Rock

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axeggg

Members Online