Covered bridge on the trail...

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
I was out riding yesterday in Mennonite country, came across this Covered bridge along the trail in the middle of nowhere. Lol, note the limit is only 5 tonnes. And at a Police check on Saturday.

Attachments

• DSC03095.jpg
    DSC03095.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03096.jpg
    DSC03096.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC03091.jpg
    DSC03091.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 8

am-radio

Apr 24, 2012
Police check. Never see that before, but I guess I only rode on fields in the middle of nowhere. Police presence is everywhere now. They now have police on snowboards riding the mountains out here.

Denali n DOO

Original poster
May 22, 2012
am-radio said:
Police check. Never see that before, but I guess I only rode on fields in the middle of nowhere. Police presence is everywhere now. They now have police on snowboards riding the mountains out here.

Yep, Police are on the trails, which is good to discourage drinking and driving. It only takes split second for tragedy on an 8' wide trail doing 60-80 mph. The part that sucks is up north there is much more Police presence and with the speed limit being only 30 mph on all trails, they love park their Police Sleds on corners and on long straight aways and set up a radar trap. The speeding fine is $110 and doesn't affect your driving license, however drinking and riding on a sled is will get you an impaired and the penalty is the same as if you were driving a car. Because we're spread out when riding usually only the lead sled ends up with a speeding ticket and we as a group all pitch in to pay for the ticket. 30 mph is pretty slow, especially on an abandoned rail bed turned into a trail where 100 mph is easily achieved.

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Yep, Police are on the trails, which is good to discourage drinking and driving. It only takes split second for tragedy on an 8' wide trail doing 60-80 mph. The part that sucks is up north there is much more Police presence and with the speed limit being only 30 mph on all trails, they love park their Police Sleds on corners and on long straight aways and set up a radar trap. The speeding fine is $110 and doesn't affect your driving license, however drinking and riding on a sled is will get you an impaired and the penalty is the same as if you were driving a car. Because we're spread out when riding usually only the lead sled ends up with a speeding ticket and we as a group all pitch in to pay for the ticket. 30 mph is pretty slow, especially on an abandoned rail bed turned into a trail where 100 mph is easily achieved.

what you need to do on those long straights is take turns haveing the lead guy go down at speed limit and if he turns around its clear to get on it if he makes the turn and keeps going means you need to go slow. keep switching the lead guy and all can be look outs and all can have fun.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online